Yes, ‘I Am Legend,’ the 2007 movie about zombie vampires, is now a part of the vaccine conversation

Fun CH

Re: Yes, ‘I Am Legend,’ the 2007 movie about zombie vampires, is now a part of the vaccine conversation

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:04 pm This is just, is just, uh makes me crazy. I cannot wait to grow some Zombie teeth.
What goes on in the minds of people that believe this about the vaccine? What underworld, dark world, did they chose to believe? Is it something to do with their brain chemistry? I am continually astounded. The feeling I have is almost giddy, but that can't be right. It's just pure incredulousness.
Statistics today state that 55 million Americans believe in Q Anon.
maybe it has something to do with a CDC virus transmission learning game for kids entitled "zombie preparedness for educators"(at least I hope that's what it is). :lol: .

https://www.cdc.gov/cpr/zombie/educate-detectives.htm

"Disease Detectives: Zombie Outbreak
Printable PDF pdf icon[PDF – 304 KB]

Goal:
Figure out how the zombie virus was originally transmitted and what hypothesis might explain how it happened.

Status Report: (read to students)
An increasing number of citizens are disappearing, especially at night. These victims are reappearing as perpetrators. They are slow-moving, very strong. They are impervious to pain/injury and appear to be unaware of their surroundings. We’ve discovered that after the victims disappear, they reappear without human blood. Without bloodflow, these perpetrators freeze quickly. We believe this is why they are headed south—to warmer temperatures. They are constantly hungry and attacking at an alarming rate.

We’re currently trying to figure out how to stop them, but a defensive standoff is not a long-term solution. What we need to figure out is how this virus originally infected the first victims.

Here’s what we do know. All of the victims attended a carnival in Vancouver. We’ve collected interviews, but haven’t had time to review them for consistencies.

What we need from you, agents, is a thorough investigation. We need to know the root cause of this virus in order to create a vaccine to stop the growing mass of those infected.

Lesson
Have the students listen to the collected interviews from carnival attendees (10 total). With this exercise, the students will be conducting an investigation into what the infected attendees have in common. Did they all have a corn dog? Did they attend the same shows?

Have students create an 11×11 square graph, or use the one included in this lesson.

When listening to the interviews, instruct the students to mark an X to correspond with the infected person and the carnival activity that they participated in that day.

Note: All of the infected victims will have their stories told by someone else (family member/friend), so make sure the student is writing down what the INFECTED person did at the carnival."
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
pasayten

Re: Yes, ‘I Am Legend,’ the 2007 movie about zombie vampires, is now a part of the vaccine conversation

Post by pasayten »

The same folks that made a reality tv show host president in 2016... :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Post by PAL »

This is just, is just, uh makes me crazy. I cannot wait to grow some Zombie teeth.
What goes on in the minds of people that believe this about the vaccine? What underworld, dark world, did they chose to believe? Is it something to do with their brain chemistry? I am continually astounded. The feeling I have is almost giddy, but that can't be right. It's just pure incredulousness.
Statistics today state that 55 million Americans believe in Q Anon.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Yes, ‘I Am Legend,’ the 2007 movie about zombie vampires, is now a part of the vaccine conversation

Post by Fun CH »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... d-vaccine/

"Misinformed posts claiming that vaccines turned “I Am Legend” characters into zombies have circulated online for months, according to Reuters, which reported in December that the posts were being shared after the U.S. government authorized the use of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine. As of Wednesday, more than 166 million Americans have been fully vaccinated. The zombie count, however, remains at zero."
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King