Unsecured load

Jingles

Re: Unsecured load

Post by Jingles »

Pearl I believe that is called selective enforcement and although I can't prove it I believe that is directed my the mayor's that think they are the captains of the ship but in reality they are nothing more than the mascots, as it is the town Councils that are supposed to be running the towns
PAL

Re: Unsecured load

Post by PAL »

I am with you on this. This is a dangerous practice and I do wish LE would stop them. I understand it is not against the law in Wa. state. Should be.
I suppose they think leaving snow on top gives them more weight. And why don't they clear their windshields? Lazy, or do they want to prove how much snow they got?
Well, what about pick ups that have a load of snow in back and it is flying off? Shouldn't they secure and cover their load? Now that, they could be ticketed on. Will they? Ha.
The towns say they want to slow people down, by having lower speed limits but also puttng in the dreaded round about. What would slow them down is to ticket them. But that is not tourist friendly and we can't have that.
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Unsecured load

Post by Jingles »

Apparently folks fail to realize or don't know that all that snow pilled on top of your prius and or outback opens the driver for a hefty fine for an unsecured load should it go flying off into another vehicle.
Additionally when you do not clear all your windows you can and probably should get a ticket for impared vision the same way the police can ticket you for having a cracked windshield that interfers with your line of sight.