Talk about a waste of money and time

Jingles

Re: Talk about a waste of money and time

Post by Jingles »

I am referring to the town of Winthrop and in particular the town streets , i.e. Castle Ave and other streets in Heckendorn to name the ones I can see. Very familiar with what the State does and even the county in making sure the school bus routes having priority
PAL

Post by PAL »

Ok, so it was the DOT to go on up toward Mazama. Best to keep up with this.
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

I was in town at 8, there was close to 4" there and a WSDOT truck came through with its blade down but the rest of town hadn't been plowed.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Was it the Town or the State? I would guess town is responsible in Town limits? But the State goes through. I bet Mazama has quite a bit now.
But yeah, wait for 4" if it's the town.
We're suppposed to get 10-16" today up Twisp River. May not see the plow today, but tomorrow morning, at some point, for sure.
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Talk about a waste of money and time

Post by Jingles »

The town of Winthrop must think they have unlimited funds and spend money like there is no limit, plowing roads with only 2 inches (measured) of snow on the roadways, wear and tear on equipment, gas for vehicle and overtime wages for plowing on a Sunday.
How does one go about telling the idiots that make the decision to plow to wait until at least 4 inches of snow has accumulated.talk about wasting tax payers money.
If folks can't drive in 4 inches of snow they need to stay off the roads