FBI Raid on Mar-A-Lago

Rideback

Re: FBI Raid on Mar-A-Lago

Post by Rideback »

DoJ is making a dual appeal of the Judge's ruling.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/08/politics ... index.html
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Even if (and it is a huge if) we manage to get rid of Trump with all of this, I'd argue that the harm to our national security is so bad that it arguably wasn't worth it. Maybe,

My own guess is that the decision to indict or not indict has already been made, and that might well explain both the motivation and content for Biden's speech at Independence Hall last week. And ironically the "special master" decision might move up the timetable. If DOJ judges that they have enough evidence to indict now, it might make more sense to indict and arrest Trump immediately rather than wait for the "special master" to sort through things. You can make a lot of arguments about holding him for both his own safety and as a material witness and to also sort out where all of the classified documents might have gone (and the judge explicitly left open that the damage control assessment could continue).

Such actions would kick off a firestorm and probably a lot of terrorist attacks, mostly aimed at federal law enforcement and the judiciary. Which would be a tactical, strategic, and (more importantly) political blunder for the MAGA crowd: they would get chewed up badly, they would be forced to expose most of their support network, and they would alienate the vast majority of the public.

At this point, if I was Donald Trump or part of his inner circle, I'd be much more worried about being assassinated than I would about federal law enforcement. He was obviously acting as a conduit and source for intelligence information for someone, and just as obviously his career as a spy is at an end. At this point his handlers probably are more worried about him exposing where all of that information got to than anything else, and he is notoriously bad at keeping his mouth shut. So it would make sense to get rid of him. Permanently. Also, if whomever was buying the information was interested in making trouble in the United States, Donald Trump's accidental and mysterious death would certainly make one heck of a lot of trouble.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

Read the book, "They Want to Kill Americans: The Militias, Terrorists, and Deranged Ideology fo the Trump Insurgency" by Malcom Nance, if you really want to know what kind of danger our country is in. He lays it all out and lists and talks about the groups such as Oath Keepers and others. It's factual and scary. LIbrary has it.
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

The true danger to this country lies in promotion of the Bannon-style tribalism where he just 'throws sh** at the walls until something sticks' in order to bring chaos so that when a truly dangerous situation arrives the 1st, 2nd & 3rd reaction is denial. Denial in this case of the harm to national security of not just our nation but of our allies goes beyond any tribal worshiping, get over it.

Even Bill Barr has admonished Fox listeners to accept the reality that Trump had no business with these docs, they belonged to the NARA where they would be secured properly and Trump's theft is only compounded by the disregard for security he maintained them under. This is not a tribal or partisan issue, it's not the equivalent of an overdue set of library books like Trump's new lawyer claimed in court. And then came the claim that this was only a 'storage issue'. Well, that's like a bank robber claiming that the money he had in his possession is really just a storage issue, not a theft.

This country is in danger, perhaps the kind of danger that can't be repaired and that danger is more important than party vs party. It's reality.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

6408D8F2-9826-4C6F-A03F-0AE5875013BB.jpeg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Morons! Let me guess, ‘the walls are closing in’!
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

We all know that the "Hunter Biden laptop" story was disinformation. Only a particularly foolish toddler would think otherwise.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

dorankj wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:51 pm You mean the same John Brennan who swore the Hunter Biden lap-top was Russian dis-information? You guys are just hopeless here!
In the face of a situation where we have an ex-president, who stole top secret items, lied about having them, tried to prevent their return and still insists he’s done no wrong….and, while, it appears there was a continuous troupe of potential bad actors that had access to his home.

….and all you got - in the defense of cheeto - is allegations about data on the laptop of someone who doesn’t hold office, never held office and never held any security clearance?

You are hopeless.
Last edited by just-jim on Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

You mean the same John Brennan who swore the Hunter Biden lap-top was Russian dis-information? You guys are just hopeless here!
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

mister_coffee wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:04 pm The reason is that I suspect there are a whole murder of spies in the above groups.
Bingo!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ents-spies

“I know that national security professionals inside government, my former colleagues, [they] are shaking their heads at what damage might have been done,” John Brennan, former CIA director, told MSNBC.

“I’m sure Mar-a-Lago was being targeted by Russian intelligence and other intelligence services over the course of the last 18 or 20 months, and if they were able to get individuals into that facility, and access those rooms where those documents were and made copies of those documents, that’s what they would do.”

It sounds like Tubby’s home was a nest of thieves…..literally.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

So Mar-A-Lago has 87 employees. All of them should be interviewed and anybody who worked there after January 2021 should be interviewed as well. Their finances and any travel they did should be checked out as well. In particular, if anyone abruptly quit around the time the warrant was served I'd want to shine a very bright light on them.

After that go through all of the club members and their guests and do the same thing. Especially any guests who visited multiple times.

The reason is that I suspect there are a whole murder of spies in the above groups. And it will also piss Donald Trump off and that almost makes it worthwhile in and of itself. But this isn't even about getting the Orange Dingbat. This is about figuring out where those secrets might have gone.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

just-jim

Post by just-jim »

1EFD69E1-B281-4A6F-8D42-19BC812C4143.jpeg
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

just-jim wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:11 pm "... and boom, just like that, Donald is officially compost ...”
The technical term you are looking for is strict liability offense.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/strict_liability

Another interesting point is that when dealing with strict liability crimes mental incapacity is not a defense, since intent (aka mens rea) need not be proven.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Here is the good side of the Rawstory piece posted by Rideback….

My buddy with the familiarity with Secret documents and their handling, wrote me, after I shared that news….

“…and boom, just like that, Donald is officially compost. Mere posession constitutes crimes for which there ain’t ANY defense. Even as The Prez, with all the authority that carries, for him to pry that info out of its custodian’s grasp and then go on walkabout with it shouldn’t have been possible. Either he bamboozled that custodian or that individual is rotten too. Either way, that’s 2 people bound for jail. More to come…..”
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Oh….just wonderful!

And yet, yesterday a judge - appointed by tubby - is going to allow guilty donnie a possible pass…

Next time you are the target of a criminal investigation, have your attorney ask for a ‘special master’.
See how far that gets you….after the prosecutors get done laughing.

It is without precedent,and the DOJ will hopefully appeal.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

WaPo reporting that among the classified docs the FBI found at MaL were TopSecret descriptions of a foreign country's nuclear capabilities.
Guessing which country this would be, France? Israel?

And how much would the Iranians be willing to pay or Putin?

https://www.rawstory.com/mar-a-lago-search-2658154057/
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

I've read many recountings of the process which jibe with what you're saying. Apparently the PDB were hand carried to the Pres via electronically on an IPad and it's taken back by the officer after the briefing.

There's too many protocols that Trump's breech has broken for this not to be a Pandora's box of national security nightmares, with more to come. The fingerprinting lab at Quantico has got to be working overtime.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

I’ve been trying to understand how document security works at the top levels…..and how dumba$$ donnie got the documents to Florida. So, I reached out to an old college friend. He spent 30 years on the testing side of the spacecraft business for a large company (not Boeing) that also does defense work. He never had secret or higher clearance, a fact he says did limit his career. But, he did understand and work around a SCIF – Secure Compartmentalized Information Facility. His take:

Proprietary/“Competition Sensitive” was as deep as I was ever going to get, and by the time I’d been there awhile I was more than satisfied knowing that. Nevertheless, I got trained by guys who were about as friendly as Jack Webb on some of this stuff. Even though it was laid down emphatically that I would never be permitted into a SCIF, they wanted me to know enough to stay out of trouble, plus it removed any chance of me pleading ignorance if I got caught with a cookie in my hand anytime later.

The SCIF was serious stuff. No one was just casually allowed to enter – You left your phone and any other things outside. Then, you came thru locked doors into an airlock before you reached the working area. There was a vault where the secret stuff went when it wasn’t in use, and the Custodian of the vault brought stuff out or took it back and humorlessly logged its’ movement every f’ing time.
- It’s intended to be a closed-loop system with built-in alarms, and so somewhere there’s a log (now in the DOJ or FBI’s possession I’m sure) that accounts for when every doc left or entered the vault, and who the recipient shoulda been. If something left and was not returned, some stuff had a due date and alarms went off. Any every gap stands out.
- Discipline is enforced. My work stays on my desk, your work stays on yours. Nobody carries anything around themselves, and maybe someone might decide to follow along if you need to visit the toilet.
- At the end of each working shift the room is swept clean. Wastebaskets are emptied into burn bags and all desks are cleared. The vault is closed and the keeper of the vault declares nothing is out of place. Every single shift.

If a doc needs to move around outside of a SCIF, think about an interoffice memo. You will be able to track its progress: “From my hand to your hand”. That’s the law. The Courier witnesses the transfer and declares it left his hand once he’s passed it along. You sign, and say it’s in your hand now and accept responsibility. The courier and his gunsels don’t leave until that’s all set. It’s formal. If you’re drunk and dandling a foreign beauty on your knee, he won’t hand nuttin over.

Those folders and jackets (now empty?) were for moving the docs from one SCIF to a different one. They identified in general how incendiary the contents were, but by themselves they’d reveal little more. That was so if somehow one got loose and an idiot like me found it, I could turn it in without needing to see the contents and nobody would have to shoot me later. An empty one is a giant Red flag. They’ll cross check their logs to see what’s missing based on the classification info they bear. Also, sometimes, sometimes, the same as an interoffice memo, those were numbered or tagged to say which serialized copy of a limited distribution doc should have been inside. The logs will tell the tale.

So what this is telling me is that as things stand;
1.) Stupid donnie is guilty as hell, and
2.) there’s a whole string of staffers and functionaries who blew off their security roles as doc. Custodians or Couriers, egregiously. Why they placed their trust in someone as random as him we may never know…

They’re dead meat. Without any doubt, by now they’ve already had their psychological toenails pulled out and thru multiple grueling interviews they’ve recreated the entire route that every doc that EVER passed thru their hands may have taken. Some of them may be going up the river along with donnie, as a result.

All that evidence from the logs and their testimony is in the DOJ or the FBI’s hands, and sometime after the midterms all hell is going to break loose.

If donnie sold any of that info, not even God will be able to save him and whoever it was that helped him.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

And it gets worse, in the Trump Tower bar, behind glass is a classified folder

https://crooksandliars.com/2022/09/fold ... -bar-trump
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Bill Barr just set the record straight with Fox about the Mar a Lago search

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-barr ... w?ref=home
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Rideback wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:54 am 43 empty Classified folders found in search. So where are the docs?

https://politicalwire.com/2022/09/02/tr ... tg=1259410
Curioser and curioser ...

So this brings up an ugly question: assuming that the Orange Idiot was selling those documents to somebody who doesn't like us very much, and he is now obviously burnt as a source of further documents, how long before they try to get rid of him? He's obviously bad at keeping his mouth shut and will equally obviously give up whomever he sold them to in order to save his own personal hide.

Assuming that he sold the documents to someone who doesn't like America very much, it also seems obvious to me that having the Dingbat of Mar-A-Lago turn up with a serious case of Dead would also be pretty likely to produce a lot of chaos here. So in that sense it kills two birds with one stone.

So I hope that the Secret Service is extra careful with that guy for the time being. It also probably argues that he should be held in the Supermax rather than a country-club prison if it comes to that.
Last edited by mister_coffee on Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ex AG Barr goes on Fox and calls BS on Trump's claims

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/02/politics ... index.html
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

43 empty Classified folders found in search. So where are the docs?

https://politicalwire.com/2022/09/02/tr ... tg=1259410
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Read elsewhere…

In the ultimate irony…..both Edward Snowden and Julian Assange are facing extradition and/or trial in the US, on charges related to the taking of, and possessing classified and National Security documents; the same charge that guilty little donnie appears to be facing.
Previously, even before those two have even been tried, El Cheeto has called for them to be “executed”.