Run Hawley Run

Gonzo'57

Re: Run Hawley Run

Post by Gonzo'57 »

pasayten,

Politics aside, the coffee mug and your comment are F'n hilarious! Thanks, for the laugh.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

'Washington is full of tough people. Currently, there are 91 members of Congress with military experience. Moreover, there are several former first responders: two former sheriffs, one police chief, three other police officers, one former fire chief and a former firefighter. There are also two ex-CIA employees and one FBI agent.

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri isn’t one of Washington’s tough guys, but he’s certainly tried to fashion himself as one.

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri isn’t one of Washington’s tough guys, but he’s certainly tried to fashion himself as one.

Perhaps the most significant way he’s attempted this is by being the first senator to announce his opposition to the counting of Electoral College votes in December 2020 — a position he never wavered from even after militants supporting Donald Trump had stormed the Capitol leaving several dead in their wake.

But during Thursday’s prime-time Jan. 6 hearing, the House select committee investigating the Capitol riot showed the world that Hawley was a national coward when it introduced footage of the senator taken during the Jan. 6 attack.

The same prep-school, Stanford and Yale educated senator who was photographed with his fist in the air on the morning of Jan. 6 in a show of solidarity with the feverish MAGA crowds that were assembling around the Capitol was later caught on video desperately sprinting away from rioters as they descended on the Capitol.

For effect, the Jan. 6 House committee even rewound the clip, played it back in slow motion and pointed a spotlight at the senator in his slim-fit suit scurrying away in a panic.

This wasn’t a good look for Hawley, but it may have been the most honest one the American public has seen to date of this young politician with rabid presidential aspirations. The footage showed Hawley as nothing more than a crass opportunist. He was fine raising his fist to egg on Trump supporters when securely ensconced behind security and metal barricades, but as they closed in on him, it was a different story.

Why the Jan. 6 Josh Hawley video is about more than a senator running away
JULY 21, 202203:48
And that pretty much sums up the entirety of Hawley’s rise on the national political scene — one in which he has made a pattern of ruffling feathers of fellow Republicans and biting his mentors in the back as he has clawed his way to national prominence.

But Thursday’s images, in just a few short seconds, accomplished what his political adversaries have been unable to do ever since Hawley showed up in Washington: show that he’s a phony.

Recommended

OPINION
Europe, take a page from the U.S. playbook on how to deal with heat waves

OPINION
House Republicans who voted for marriage equality recognized the obvious
Although he eventually brought himself around to condemning the violence of the insurrection, Hawley has never backed down from his stance that the election was stolen — despite there being absolutely no evidence supporting those claims.

As a former attorney general and Supreme Court law clerk with impeccable academic credentials, Hawley, too, knows that these claims are unfounded, but he chooses to ignore the truth in pursuit of his personal political ambitions, leveraging these falsehoods as a way to cozy up the party’s MAGA base. “I will never apologize for giving voice to the millions of Missourians and Americans who have concerns about the integrity of our elections,” Hawley said in a statement one day after violent Trump supporters breached the Capitol.

Naturally, the internet has grabbed onto Hawley’s ridiculousness and memified his sprint to safety at the Capitol, even laying down apropos tracks to the clips of Hawley on the run. My personal favorite is The Lincoln Project’s version, with Hawley sprinting to the tune of “Running With the Devil,” although late-night talk show host Stephen Colbert’s choice of a cartoon sound effect comes in as a close second.

In response to all this attention in the current news cycle, Hawley is, unsurprisingly, showing no shame by doing what he has done all during the post-November 2020 election imbroglio — leveraging his newfound meme fame to fundraise for his campaign.

On Friday morning, he began hawking a new 11-ounce ceramic coffee mug on which his famous fist in the air is accompanied by a macho riff off the Missouri state motto: Show-Me Strong!

Given everything that’s happened in the past 18 months, it’s easy to forget the pivotal role that Hawley played in supporting Trump’s effort to upend the peaceful transfer of power — especially when the senator still has a job in Washington. But, whatever the repercussions of Thursday night’s video back in his home state of Missouri, Hawley’s new highlight reel didn’t play well at his workplace.

His Jan. 6 antics, including his now infamous getaway, have now made him the butt of endless jokes in Washington. Thursday’s hearing room erupted in laughter after seeing his mad dash past Capitol police in search of safety — not exactly mirroring the “tough guy” image he had been cultivating as a presidential hopeful.
by Arick Wierson, NBC News
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Perfect for that cup of special coffee that gives you the runs...
josh2.jpg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Actually RHINOS is a great term to describe trump... A whining GOP impersonator... Thank you! :-)
trumpbaby2.jpg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

You RHINOS are pretty sad if this is what you have from this J-6 nonsense! Josh Harley? Really?
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Josh Hawley Pledges to Not ‘Run,’ After Being Caught Running From Trump Mob
Zachary Petrizzo - 36m ago

On Thursday evening, the Jan. 6 committee played stunning footage of Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) running away from a mob of pro-Trump vigilantes that he was seen riling up just hours earlier.

Despite the clip clearly showing the Republican lawmaker on the run, nearly 24 hours later, he pledged to a group of young conservative activists that he would not “run” away from a battle.

“Hey, listen, I know what I’m talking about because I had them do it to me,” he proudly declared at Turning Point USA’s summer conference in Tampa, Florida, on Friday evening, referring to being called a “traitor” over pushing for “election integrity.” “I objected on Jan 6 last year to the state of Pennsylvania,” he boasted.

“And I just want to say to all of those liberals out there and the liberal media, just in case you haven’t gotten the message yet, I do not regret it,” Hawley continued. “And I am not backing down. I’m not gonna apologize, I’m not gonna cower, I’m not gonna run from you.”

“I’m not gonna bend the knee,” he concluded.

The remarks come as both Hawley and former President Donald Trump attempt to push back on the bombshell Jan. 6 hearing.

Late Thursday night, Trump had a late-night meltdown on his social media site, Truth Social.

“I had an election Rigged and Stolen from me, and our Country. The USA is going to Hell,” he fumed after midnight. “Am I supposed to be happy?”

A source close to the ex-president told The Daily Beast during the hearing that Trump has expressed continued frustration at the “one-sided forum,” which gives no opportunity for “cross-examination” or the ability for Trump to “present [his] side.”

“There’s no courtroom in this country where that would be allowed,” the source, who regularly speaks to Trump, said.
josh.jpg
trumobaby2.jpg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Officer Fanone has earned the right to make this observation and the fact that the J6 hearing room errupted in laughter when the clip was played probably represents how the rest of America feels about Hawley right about now

https://crooksandliars.com/2022/07/offi ... odays-dont
pasayten

Run Hawley Run

Post by pasayten »

What a chicken-hearted and two-faced individual to be in the republican party... What happened to you GOP???
pasayten wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:28 pm The slow-mo moment that everyone will remember from the latest January 6 committee hearing
Chris Cillizza
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

(CNN)It took more than a year, but the January 6 committee got its revenge on Sen. Josh Hawley Thursday night.

Hawley, a Missouri Republican, had famously/infamously raised a fist in seeming support of the protestors who would go on to overrun the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.
He drew massive criticism for the gesture but refused to apologize. He insisted that he simply meant to demonstrate solidarity with Donald Trump's supporters, noting that it was early in the day and none of the rioting and lawlessness had begun.
"I waved to them, gave them the thumbs-up, pumped my fist to them and thanked them for being there, and they had every right to do that," Hawley explained in an interview with The Washington Post in May 2021.
Hawley went as far as to raise money off the fist-pump, selling mugs with an image of him making the gesture and the words "Show-Me Strong." (He tweeted out a link for the mug Friday morning.)
The January 6 committee turned Hawley's supposed gesture of strength and solidarity on its head Thursday. it first showed the fist-pump image and then unearthed video, from later in the day, of Hawley running from the Capitol as rioters entered the building.

To really embarrass Hawley, the committee even showed the footage in slow-motion. Rep. Adam Kinzinger, an Illinois Republican who serves on the January 6 committee, mocked Hawley in a tweet Friday morning, calling him "Fistpump McRunpants."
It instantly became a viral internet meme. Comparisons to Forrest Gump -- "Run Hawley Run" -- abounded. One video set Hawley's run from the Capitol to the theme song from the "Benny Hill" show.

Which is, frankly, funny. But there's an important point in here too.

Hawley's day -- from fist-pumping the crowd while safely ensconced behind barricades to running from that same crowd as they overran the Capitol -- is indicative of the broader arc of the Republican Party on that day (and the days leading up to it.)
The majority of Republican members of Congress were more than willing to go along with -- and even egg on -- the notion that the election had been stolen from Trump. They both feared his wrath and knew that the base of the party was fired up about the idea.
Hawley's fake tough-guy fist-pump was indicative of the message that the GOP as a whole wanted to send to its base: We're with you and we're fighting too.

Hawley fleeing from the Capitol later in the day speaks to the Frankenstein's monster piece of this. Republicans, with their unwillingness to acknowledge the basic facts of the election, had created a mob -- a mob that was looking to roll over anything in its path, up to and including those people who helped foment it.

For all of the revelations that have come out of the January 6 committee, it may be Hawley's slow-motion run from the Capitol that is the most memorable -- and powerful. He helped rile up the mob but then had to run from it, just like everyone else.
hawley.jpg
pasayten
Ray Peterson