Local 'Avian Flu' fear mongering in the news

Rideback

Re: Local 'Avian Flu' fear mongering in the news

Post by Rideback »

There's a big difference between 'smart' and willful blindness. No amount of education or the gift of a high IQ can overcome willful blindness.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

poortrump.gif
poortrump.gif (416.48 KiB) Viewed 5101 times
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Well if you all are ‘smart’ I’m happy to be on the other side!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

You're right PAL, willful blindness is his happy place.
https://egc.yale.edu/largest-study-mask ... real-world
Masks work.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

He's not listening.
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Gotta love your 'everyone' comments. No facts to support, no research, just a word sald of your feelings.
All evidence shows that masks do work. Originally, when Trump's admin screwed up and didn't inventory the N95's there were no masks even for the health care industry but the surgical masks were used just as they always are during surgeries and such because they do work in to stop transmission, likewise the cotton ones that people were making. The point was to lessen transmission and from that standpoint they worked great. The surgical and cotton masks never claimed to protect anyone from inhaling particulates that would infect. This is pretty basic, why don't you understand this 2 years in?

A basic premise of vaccines is to protect from the worst cases where hospitalization and the worst kind of symptoms occur. That has been demonstated as true with the vaccinations cutting sharply into the case load and hospitalizations globally. The Omicron variant was more transmissible and so we had waves of cases happening, the highest percentage of which was in the unvacccinated. It also occurs at a higher rate in the unvaccinated but infected population, in other words just because you had covid doesn't mean you won't get it again, in fact some research is pointing towards even higher susceptibility.

The newest variants are, as I've linked to, even more transmissible than Omicron, they carry different symptoms, mostly affecting the lungs, and they have a higher chance of getting long covid.

I still wear a mask mainly because I don't want to be a spreader.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

dorankj wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:25 pm Everyone who got the ‘vaccine’ (and multiple boosters) is getting Covid, and masks (as worn and used) are useless and everyone knows it (that’s why nobody believes this crap!).
Not true. I'm vaccinated and haven't yet gotten Covid. I mask consistently and use the masks properly. Your definition of "everyone" leaves a lot of people out. That is not at all surprising from you.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Avis and I are both vaccinated (2nd booster) and have not gotten Covid yet... Neither of us mask... If we do get Covid, we can expect mild symptoms and quick recovery because we are vaccinated. :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Everyone who got the ‘vaccine’ (and multiple boosters) is getting Covid, and masks (as worn and used) are useless and everyone knows it (that’s why nobody believes this crap!).
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

dorankj wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:59 pm Well, I’m going through my second round of it. So I have some facts too!
Yes, you are proving that if you don't wear a mask and refuse to get a vaccine you are much more likely to get the covid. Multiple times.

Whereas I am careful to wear a mask and am vaccinated and boosted and have not yet been infected. Go figure.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

1 in 5 who get covid will get long term, the older you are the higher your chances are of getting long term and now with the 2 new variants that are not only more transmissible but also demonstrate a higher degree of recurrence it's more serious.
https://theweek.com/briefing/1013959/wh ... wPudvE0Pmk
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Well, I’m going through my second round of it. So I have some facts too!
PAL

Post by PAL »

Never said it was science. I just know what people that have had Covid tell me. And yes, it was Covid.
The one third stat is a fact, they are finding.
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Oh, your antidotal view is science? Right!
PAL

Post by PAL »

The vaccine keeps us from dying should we get the virus. I know several people that got it recently and they said they did not mask going into crowded indoor places. They wish they had.
I know people that have gotten Covid and they do think that the vaccination helped them not be so sick.
I know several people that have lost their sense of taste and smell and after 6 mos. still don't have those senses back 100%.
One third of people that have had Covid, have long term side effects.
Of course, Ken, you do know, since it was a human manipulated virus, that the chip is in the virus, not the vaccine. This is where the anti vaxxers have it wrong.
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

And the vaccine (and all boosters) are mostly useless as are the masks.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

'The growing dominance of two new ultra-contagious Omicron subvariants is prolonging a wave of coronavirus cases in California and sparking growing concerns from health officials that coming weeks could see significant spread and increased hospitalizations.

BA.4 and BA.5 are now believed to be responsible for most new infections nationwide. The strains are of particular concern because they are not only especially contagious but also capable of reinfecting those who have survived earlier Omicron infection.

When it comes to BA.4 and BA.5, their “superpower is reinfection,” said Dr. Peter Chin-Hong, a UC San Francisco infectious-disease expert.

Additionally, “there’s strong evidence they can spread even faster than other subvariants,” said Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer.'
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Oh Rideback, always wrong but never in doubt! Nobody is buying the crap anymore.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Australia cases are up 4%, which is probably more related, just as our cases here in the states that are on the rise, to the 2 new variants which are uber contagious, go straight for the lungs and are showing a higher rate of re infection.
https://crooksandliars.com/2022/07/here ... us-and-its
woodman

Post by woodman »

More fear mongering in Asheville, NC.. Apparently many people think Asheville is an awesome city, but leftist politics are making it less so... I agree with the radio host. If masks and all the other measures that have been taken actually worked to safeguard human health there would be glaring evidence but looking at the failures in Australia with 95% getting the jab seems to be a large enough sampling of people to show that they need to go back to the drawing board and this radio host is echoing the sentiments of a growing number of people in the US. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/natio ... bc8cf5f32f
woodman

Post by woodman »

mister_coffee wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 am These past couple of years we really got a clear view of who was paying attention in Junior High and High School Biology classes back in the day.
The one thing that I remember well about Biology was the sophomore or junior year ritual of dissecting the frog in biology class, and how grossed out some of us were. I honestly did not learn anything that I can recall. I do wonder where all those sacrificial frogs have come from over the years. Quite a few millionaires have been made by those who propagated those sad frogs that I assume were not raised in anything approaching natural conditions. I assume they were raised on a 'farm' specifically to be sacrificed for dissection by 15 or 16 year old high school biology students, as well as students taking anatomy & physiology at community colleges. I actually dissected a frog a second time when I took anatomy & physiology with a bunch of nursing school students at a community college. Somebody should try to do the math on that to figure out how many frog carcasses have been dissected over the years in our education systems in the US. Having turned into a sort of 'conspiracy theory' guy I figure that some special interests lobbied some government officials to sell the public educational system on the need to dissect frogs in great numbers, even though it was absolutely unnecessary for learning. Nowadays I understand they recently stopped dissecting real frogs, but they use models instead. It was definitely not a teenage rite of passage...I did learn that one thing from biology which is not what you would have thought. How many got wealthy off the frog dissecting marketing scam that lasted 50 years???
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

These past couple of years we really got a clear view of who was paying attention in Junior High and High School Biology classes back in the day.
PAL

Post by PAL »

You do know that the nano particles and the gene changing stuff is not in the vaccine. Since many people think that Covid was a manufactured virus, let loose on the population, that this theory makes sense that the bad ju ju is in the virus, when they made it, not the vaccine.
So people have been fooled to think it's ok to get the virus. Now they are going around chipped, sealed and delivered.

This veers off from the avian flu thread but Perfect, All Knowing Polly mentioned it too, so thought I would throw that scrap of info in there too.
Pearl Cherrington
woodman

Post by woodman »

Mickey M. wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:21 am Woodman, would you eat a chicken that was destroyed because of an avian flu concern?
Factory farms are famous for raising livestock in unhealthy conditions that are overcrowded, and for chickens, conditions that are low in oxygen, etc. These conditions have persisted probably longer than I have been alive, and they use antibiotics to try to minimize disease. so even if you believe that the Avian flu is a threat I think the threat from getting meat from livestock that had a common disease is something that we have been living with, and the flu would not be of relative concern. Rotting meat is a real concern as well. To me the science doesn't add up that this Avian flu is real. Even if a chicken carcass tests positive on a 'test', I'm still not convinced that it spreads through a 'virus', so based on my logic it wouldn't serve any purpose to kill a whole flock of chickens when there is no scientific proof that a virus is the cause of disease even if every chicken had some disease symptoms that were similar. Factory farms routinely lose chickens to disease, but they recognize it is the nature of the industry, and if they want to make $, some of the chickens are going to succumb to disease due to the unhealthy living conditions, but it is not due to a virus. You and I have eaten our share of meat from diseased animals. Remember the debate about people who tested positive for Covid-19? Many people died with a positive test for Covid-19, but their death had nothing to do with a viral cause. I believe viruses can not be the cause of disease, and I can go a step further, but I won't do that ...

A healthy person's digestive system can handle a certain amount of poison quite well. After all, what travels through is not technically inside, but is filtered as it passes through the body unlike a venomous snake bite for example...I hope this helps.

Amazing Polly...https://www.bitchute.com/video/tYdmM2Ws8beu/

Amazing Polly on Monkeypox: https://www.bitchute.com/video/fKzs5xOp9bkZ/
Last edited by woodman on Sun May 22, 2022 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.