Pool Weigh In

pasayten

Re: Pool Weigh In

Post by pasayten »

Hey... only 10 to 18 million for an indoor pool... 18 to 24 million with therapy pool...

Methow Valley population = 5,000... $2,000 - $4,800 per person... Good grief!

Post this thread to your facebook feed!

Community Forum - Envision the Future of Swimming in the Methow Valley
THANKS FOR JOINING US - MARCH 24, 6PM VIA ZOOM
On March 24 forty participants joined us to learn and view what options are out there for a new pool. They provided input, suggestions, and feedback.

The meeting was presented by Ballard*King and Friends of the Pool.

Click the Button Below to watch and fill out the feedback form below so we can hear from you!
Forum video...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y15mq3 ... sp=sharing

Feedback form...
https://forms.gle/njqQDs6j8rsUWLjR6

Website...
https://www.foptwisp.org/
pasayten
Ray Peterson
realoldtimer

Post by realoldtimer »

Mickey M. wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:58 pm
mister_coffee wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:01 pm
I wonder if hard freeze thaw cycles can effect the ground under and around a pool.
I think the leakage from the Wagner pool has been mostly from plumbing issues.

I remember the issues began shortly after the big remodel when the slide was installed. ALSO remember watching shortcuts being taken while finishing the remodel when project ran over budget.

Pool has had several repairs since then, but plastic plumbing is compromised, I think.

Seem to remember slab between pool and bathhouse having to be jackhammered out, plumbing fixed, and concrete repoured.
All that is history.
---------------------
I quit swimming in the pool after a heavy chlorine bath; had to stop attending swim meets because chlorine odor was so strong, and smells are particulate, ya know.

Anyway, could just buy an inflatable dome and turn the existing pool into a sheltered one.
PAL

Post by PAL »

But do you think it is financially feasible to have a covered pool or a pool period? There will be the, "but what abouts?" as reasons for having one.
But as the paper says the permanment population does not use it that much.
For those that want it, the benefactor approach is the only way with a trust set up for operating costs. I've never enjoyed swimming in other people's pee. Ha Ha. I guess that is what the massive amounts of chlorine is for.
For the swim team to have a pool, I understand that. Any wealthy people out there? We do seem to have a plethora.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Mickey M. wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:58 pm
mister_coffee wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:01 pm Leaking in 20 years?

Coleman Pool in Seattle has been operating in summers since the 1940's.
I wonder if hard freeze thaw cycles can effect the ground under and around a pool.
This must be news to the outdoor 50m pools in Wenatchee and Spokane, which have been in operation for 50 years.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

A pool shouldn't leak in 20yrs, but the way things are done nowdays.
Seattle has money and the numbers of people that can support it. We do not. Well, obviously we do. Look at the Library, fire hall, etc. Twisp Civic Center.
No, we need a person who will give a gift. I know, I'll call up Elon. He could spare it. He wants to buy Twitter. Never mind doing anything sensible.
Oh boy, do I have another post about that kind of wealth.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Leaking in 20 years?

Coleman Pool in Seattle has been operating in summers since the 1940's.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Pool Weigh In

Post by PAL »

What do you all think about the new pool being considered in Twisp? The Wagner Pool was a gift and a fund was set up for operational costs.
Another gift is needed, not an increase in property taxes to pay for it as an option listed. Costs now are quite high to build one and operational costs are too. Are there enough people to support it? I would gladly let them pay my share of the property taxes.
It is a luxery item, IMO. Yes, it is great exercise, but for how many?
I suggest swimming in lakes, ponds, or the river. I grew up swimming in lakes in a roped off area. One lifeguard, not always on duty. Swimming in a lake with waves lapping can be a really good work-out. Of course that can't be done very easily in the winter, or maybe it can with a dry suit.
Just suggesting alternatives. Housing? Pool? Housing? Pool?
Pearl Cherrington