Another viewpoint

mister_coffee

Re: Another viewpoint

Post by mister_coffee »

Mickey M. wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:16 pm Endemic=better than pandemic
Probably a more precise description is "somewhat less viciously heinous."

If you or a close family member have health problems or work in a vulnerable situation (and that includes things like working in retail or hospitality, which a lot of people here do) it is hard to see how the future is going to be any more bearable than the present is.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
mister_coffee

Re: Another viewpoint

Post by mister_coffee »

I really don't get what makes someone like that tick.

* Is she just nuts?
* Is she in it for the attention?
* Is she in it for the money?
* Some of the above?
* All of the above?

It also is frustrating to me that people are throwing around a lot of terminology around while obviously not knowing what it means or even what is implied by it. For example, that kook you refer to throws around "quantum entanglement" a lot in a bizarrely incoherent fashion. Just for reference, there are zero practical applications for quantum entanglement that you can use today. It is unlikely to me that many of us will see a product using quantum entanglement that we can hold in our hands in our lifetimes. Probably a good analogy is where semiconductors were in late 1800's: mainly as laboratory curiosities where practical applications were decades away.

Don't even get me started on "endemic", which a lot of people who should know better throw around to imply that once covid is "endemic" things can get back to "normal". My own opinion is that "normal" (defined as how things were in 2019) is not an option for the foreseeable future. It is almost certain we will have periodic "waves" and "outbreaks" where lots of people get sick, too many people die, and hospitals and health care systems are hopelessly overloaded, sometimes to the breaking point.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
realoldtimer

Another viewpoint

Post by realoldtimer »

Anti-vaxx 'expert' claims vaccines will turn people into ‘transhumanist cyborgs' controlled by 5G

https://www.alternet.org/2022/01/tenpenny/