Ivermetkin facts...

Rideback

Re: Ivermetkin facts...

Post by Rideback »

To date there is only one study looking at Ivermectin's efficacy to treat Covid. It is in the UK. Ironically it had to be paused in Dec '21 because the trial couldn't get enough ivermectin to give the participants.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-re ... ives/96194
Farmerbill

Re: Ivermetkin facts...

Post by Farmerbill »

That was a good read Ray. I tried to order injectable ivermectin in September for worming my calves. I’ve never had a problem till this year and they were totally out. It did have a notice that this was a livestock wormer not for human use. Luckily I knew that Dectomax also has ivermectin and all the crazy conspiracy people probably didn’t know that. I was right and got my wormer.
I’m not sure how folks plan to use a liquid injectable for livestock and get inside them. Maybe drink or inject or enema.
I think this whole ivermectin hoop la was started by the government to get all the ignorant citizens wormed. It was a genius idea😂
pasayten

Ivermetkin facts...

Post by pasayten »

Looking into the facts behind Ivermetkin...

History

The avermectin family of compounds was discovered by Satoshi Ōmura of Kitasato University and William Campbell of Merck.[6] In 1970, Ōmura isolated a strain of Streptomyces avermitilis from woodland soil near a golf course along the south east coast of Honshu, Japan.[6] Ōmura sent the bacteria to William Campbell, who showed that the bacterial culture could cure mice infected with the roundworm Heligmosomoides polygyrus.[6] Campbell isolated the active compounds from the bacterial culture, naming them "avermectins" and the bacterium Streptomyces avermitilis for the compounds' ability to clear mice of worms (in Latin: a 'without', vermis 'worms').[6] Of the various avermectins, Campbell's group found the compound "avermectin B1" to be the most potent when taken orally.[6] They synthesized modified forms of avermectin B1 to improve its pharmaceutical properties, eventually choosing a mixture of at least 80% 22,23-dihydroavermectin B1a and up to 20% 22,23-dihydroavermectin B1b, a combination they called "ivermectin".[6][75]

The discovery of ivermectin has been described as a combination of "chance and choice." Merck was looking for a broad-spectrum anthelmintic, which ivermectin is indeed; however, Campbell noted that they "...also found a broad-spectrum agent for the control of ectoparasitic insects and mites."[85]

Merck began marketing ivermectin as a veterinary antiparasitic in 1981.[6] By 1986, ivermectin was registered for use in 46 countries and was administered massively to cattle, sheep and other animals.[86] By the late 1980s, ivermectin was the bestselling veterinary medicine in the world.[6] Following its blockbuster success as a veterinary antiparasitic, another Merck scientist, Mohamed Aziz, collaborated with the World Health Organization to test the safety and efficacy of ivermectin against onchocerciasis in humans.[13] They found it to be highly safe and effective,[87] triggering Merck to register ivermectin for human use as "Mectizan" in France in 1987.[13] A year later, Merck CEO Roy Vagelos agreed that Merck would donate all ivermectin needed to eradicate river blindness.[13] In 1998, that donation would be expanded to include ivermectin used to treat lymphatic filariasis.[13]

Ivermectin earned the title of "wonder drug" for the treatment of nematodes and arthropod parasites.[88] Ivermectin has been used safely by hundreds of millions of people to treat river blindness and lymphatic filariasis.[6]
Half of the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded jointly to Campbell and Ōmura for discovering avermectin, "the derivatives of which have radically lowered the incidence of river blindness and lymphatic filariasis, as well as showing efficacy against an expanding number of other parasitic diseases".[14]

COVID-19 misinformation

These paragraphs are an excerpt from Ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Early in the COVID-19 pandemic, laboratory research suggested ivermectin might have a role in preventing or treating COVID-19.[89] Online misinformation campaigns and advocacy boosted the drug's profile among the public. While scientists and physicians largely remained sceptical, some nations adopted ivermectin as part of their pandemic-control efforts. Some people, desperate to use ivermectin without a prescription, took veterinary preparations leading to shortages of supplies of ivermectin for animal treatment — the FDA tweeted "You are not a horse" to draw attention to the issue.[90]
Subsequent research failed to confirm the utility of ivermectin for COVID-19,[91] and in 2021 it emerged that many of the studies demonstrating benefit were faulty, misleading, or fraudulent.[92][93] Nevertheless, misinformation about ivermectin continued to be propagated on social media and the drug remained a cause célèbre for anti-vaccinationists and conspiracy theorists.[94]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivermectin
pasayten
Ray Peterson