easy to predict covid wave hits the West Coast

PAL

Re: easy to predict covid wave hits the West Coast

Post by PAL »

Six new cases in Twisp since the 6th. Four new ones in Winthrop. Spike in county overall. I did not look at the hospital stats. just yet.
Pearl Cherrington
Gonzo'57

Post by Gonzo'57 »

Mickey M,

Not going anywhere. I was parroting Alf's remark about him leaving the board (which would be a loss, Alf) due to my "bullying remarks".

Alf, still no examples of my "bullying remarks". If you're going to accuse people of something, then be prepared to back it up. You seem to think you can post anything and we should take it as gospel and not question your statements. You don't seem to like it when people disagree with you or post opinions that are contrary to yours. If you're going to post than you need to expect some rebuttals. And no, it's not fun. It's frustrating and tiresome. You're better than a lot of your posts would lead us to believe at times.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

A more precise observation would be that it appears, so far, that both hospitalization and fatality rates are lower in this wave.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Gonzo'57

Post by Gonzo'57 »

Alf,

Kindly repost my "bullying comments". If you're going to accuse someone of something you should really provide some examples.

Here's an example: Alf eats babies and kicks puppies. I think I will quit contributing to the board, it's not worth it, having to deal with baby eaters and puppy kickers.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Ya think so? County wide the cases shot up for the 5th. 5 new cases in the Valley. There were 7 from the 28th to the 3rd. The seven being in Winthrop.
It's going to be endemic or already is? Is this a good thing? Another new variant appeared in France with many mutations of it.
So this is why China was freaked. This virus seems to mutate much faster and has many more mutations than the flu.
A changeling it would seem. Again, vaccinations will more likely prevent deaths and hospitalizations, over and over, we keep saying.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

alfrandell wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:02 am your approach is personal.
ie: simply worrying about the valley and your own person.
Honestly, I am more concerned about my own well-being than others too addled to actually save themselves. From the standpoint of my own sanity that is the only reasonable response to the madness that has engulfed us.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Well, it seems like Okanogan County hasn't (yet) been hit with the wave, though. So far.

Everything spiked pretty dramatically this week, though. Even places which appeared to be doing well (Hawaii, San Francisco Bay Area) seem to be getting it pretty badly.

The good news is that if you are fully vaccinated and boosted, Omicron is pretty mild. If you aren't, you are up the creek without a paddle.