History of Fauci and PCR test (Beware - use your own due diligence)

Rideback

Re: History of Fauci and PCR test

Post by Rideback »

Did you actually read your link on masks not preventing post operative wound infections? Unpack your thoughts here because post operative wound infections are not spread through the air. Gloves are worn to clean and dress wounds because that's where the infection is lurking. Going back to my post about surgeries where the infected and tainted are separated from the sterile; that is a basic premise of successful surgery.

and while you 'ash' blogger is, in Trump's words, sitting in his basement in his pajamas, here's Fauci's schedule
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/04/dr-fauc ... demic.html
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

So, you are using the words of an annonymous blogger to form an opinion rather than look at the quotes from his employers for the last 54 years, amazing, so did you see that Fauci actually doesn't just treat patients on a regular basis to this day but that he also treated Ebola patients personally? You are so bent on your opinion that you can't even recognize the common sense of not believing in grifters, like Dr. Oz.

'However, in a statement emailed to FactCheck.org, the NIAID rebutted Oz’s claims about Fauci.

“Dr. Fauci is currently a senior attending physician at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center where he has been seeing patients continually for the past 54 years since his infectious diseases fellowship that began in 1968,” the NIAID said. “He has seen, consulted on and/or personally taken care of literally thousands of patients over the years at the NIH Clinical Center. He has never stopped seeing patients, and he still makes regular Clinical Rounds at the NIH Clinical Center, including COVID-19 patients.”

“He is not just a ‘virologist,'” the NIAID statement continued. “[R]ather he is an immunologist/infectious diseases expert who is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Infectious Diseases and the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. He is internationally recognized for his basic and clinical research contributions to HIV and other areas of human health.”

Dr. Fauci walks with his arm around Nina Pham, a nurse who was successfully treated at the NIH’s Clinical Center after being infected with Ebola in 2014. Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images.
Fauci has previously talked about making time to treat patients, including in a November 2020 interview with the HuffPost. He said that his long workday on Thanksgiving eve that year included many meetings and press interviews, but also making rounds at the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, to see “two very seriously ill COVID patients.”

When Economic Club of Washington, D.C., President David Rubenstein asked Fauci in a January 2021 interview why he was still seeing patients, Fauci said it was because it is part of who he is as a physician.

“I see patients, David, because my identity, my primary identity, is as a physician and that really informs and influences everything that I do,” Fauci explained. “My public health work, my basic scientific work, the kinds of things I do in response as a public health person to an outbreak — whether that’s HIV/AIDS or Ebola or Zika or in this case, COVID-19 — everything evolves back to my identity as a physician. So, I don’t ever want to lose that strong identity.”

“It really connects you with the reality of what you’re dealing with,” Fauci went on to say. “So, when I start talking about the disease, what it can do, what you can do to prevent getting it, why vaccines are important, the very fact that you’re dealing with a real human being who’s suffering from the disease gives you a perspective that you can’t get by reading about it.”
PAL

Post by PAL »

But HIV isn't spread by respiratory particulate is it?
Pearl Cherrington
woodman

Post by woodman »

Rideback wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:41 am The premise of 'social distancing' and using masks is a branch on the tree of basic science that is observed in hospitals, in surgeries and doctors' offices...it is why surgeons sterilize their equipment, it is why contaminated or infected items are kept separate from the sterile ones, they are never comingled.

Social distancing is a variation on a doctor cleansing an infected wound and following the protocol of putting used swabs in a 'contaminated' trash...it is to create separation. Likewise, isolation tents, ICU's, hospital rooms and whole hospital floors are employed to create separation. Masks are also a version of the separation premise and this premise has protected people.

Separation has its limits in protection, mostly because people abuse the concept but also because some bacteria, disease, viruses are just hyper virulent and a stronger protection is necessary, hence the arrival of a vaccine.

Because covid is following a well known trajectory of viruses and is mutating constantly we will continue to see the efficacy of the vaccines be challenged. It will continue to kill, to threaten and to mutate as long as people willingly offer it safe harbor.
I would argue that the efficacy of masks even in a hospital setting, surgery included, has not been scientifically proven. In the general hospital setting before Covid-19 many hospitals required nurses to get the annual flu shot, but there were also many hospitals that allowed nurses to opt out of the annual flu shot, but instead they were made to wear a mask for the 12 hour shift. As far as I'm concerned that is abuse since there is no verifiable science to justify this. In fact I looked back at the HIV/AIDS crisis that started in the early '80's, and I discovered that there was not one documented transfer of HIV from the patient to any hospital personnel, yet nobody wore masks, or maybe a very small percentage. I wasn't there myself. Here is a study that I found...

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1853618/
woodman

Post by woodman »

Rideback wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:35 pm If you had bothered to fact check your claim first you would have found out he's been seeing patients continually for 54 years.

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/01/dr-fa ... ozs-claim/
I have a difficult time trusting fact checker sites on the subject of SARS Cov.2. Here is an excerpt from my source:

"Upon completing his residency in 1968, the inexperienced doctor was immediately offered an associate position with the National Institutes of Health. Since adopting a profession in bureaucracy over five decades ago, Anthony Fauci has never worked as a general physician or even met with an actual patient."

https://dailynewsbreak.org/dr-faucis-ho ... ck-record/
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

If you had bothered to fact check your claim first you would have found out he's been seeing patients continually for 54 years.

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/01/dr-fa ... ozs-claim/
woodman

Post by woodman »

pasayten wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:13 pm Brad... When's your birthday? I might buy you this as a present... :-)ID_Fauci_Front_ProductPackage_3000_900x.jpg
No Thanks. Did you know that as a doctor he has never seen one patient? I will not play on his team...The Higher powers had a good laugh when he lost cred trying to do something as simple as throwing out the first pitch for a baseball game... Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCxxGY86NzU
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Brad... When's your birthday? I might buy you this as a present... :-)
ID_Fauci_Front_ProductPackage_3000_900x.jpg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Yes there are areas of the world who don't have access to vaccines and that is being addressed through contributions from the US and other countries to provide vaccines. We here in the US enjoy the luxury of access and for those who don't contribute to the overall protection it provides because they choose not to participate it is a real slap in the face of the countries who would readily get vaccinated if only there was the kind of access we enjoy.

The problem with the Pfizer pill is not only that it takes time to get on the market but that it has some complicated if not severe interactions with other drugs. It will be a great tool but not without dangers.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Rideback wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:41 am
Because covid is following a well known trajectory of viruses and is mutating constantly we will continue to see the efficacy of the vaccines be challenged. It will continue to kill, to threaten and to mutate as long as people willingly offer it safe harbor.

There are people in this world who are still not able to get the vaccine. They will continue to be a unwilling "safe harbor" of the virus and it will spread and mutate.

In the US, confirmed covid cases are now down 61% as the virus runs up against the vaccine and people with prior infection.

There is an effective anti virual treatment for covid, ie Pfizer's Paxlovid, unfortunately the manufacturing process takes time so there is not a large supply of this drug.

All this brings up the point of why are we even discussing this. People should definitely not take advice or anything as fact that's posted on the Internet by non-expert sources.

Always best to talk with your personal physician when it comes to your health.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
realoldtimer

Post by realoldtimer »

Rideback wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:41 am The premise of 'social distancing' and using masks is a branch on the tree of basic science that is observed in hospitals, in surgeries and doctors' offices...it is why surgeons sterilize their equipment, it is why contaminated or infected items are kept separate from the sterile ones, they are never comingled.

Social distancing is a variation on a doctor cleansing an infected wound and following the protocol of putting used swabs in a 'contaminated' trash...it is to create separation. Likewise, isolation tents, ICU's, hospital rooms and whole hospital floors are employed to create separation. Masks are also a version of the separation premise and this premise has protected people.

Separation has its limits in protection, mostly because people abuse the concept but also because some bacteria, disease, viruses are just hyper virulent and a stronger protection is necessary, hence the arrival of a vaccine.

Yep, well said!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

The premise of 'social distancing' and using masks is a branch on the tree of basic science that is observed in hospitals, in surgeries and doctors' offices...it is why surgeons sterilize their equipment, it is why contaminated or infected items are kept separate from the sterile ones, they are never comingled.

woodman

Post by woodman »

woodman wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:30 pm
Mickey M. wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:23 pm "In his speech, Yeadon says his “favourite lie” is that people can transmit the virus without any symptoms, adding: “I would say it’s somewhere between rare and doesn’t happen.”

But a report from the United States’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in March this year estimated that 50% of COVID-19 transmission happens before people develop symptoms, while 30% of infected people stay symptom-free (here). Another from January 2021, published in the JAMA Network medical journal, judged that 59% of COVID-19 transmission could be from asymptomatic cases (here).

Experts at Meedan’s Health Desk, a group of public health scientists working to tackle medical misinformation online, said that symptom-free people can spread COVID-19 and have about the same amount of virus as people with symptoms"
I would that if you ask any doctor/MD who is not under the spell of the AMA, CDC,FDA,NIH, and who is not afraid of being ostracized would tell you that prior to 2020 that a person who is asymptomatic would be considered a healthy person. Of course if an examination is done and nothing is found I suppose that if the patient complains about a symptom that is not readily apparent, then the doctor might do a blood test, and if that test is negative the person would be given a clean bill of health. Coronavirus has highlighted this new idea that a completely healthy person can harbor a deadly virus.

"Typhoid Mary" may have been the first example of someone who supposedly was an asymptomatic carrier. I am positive that she was not, but this is how history misinformation from 1906 can be used against the public 100 years later. If they test you for "HIV" and you test positive does that mean that you are an asymptomatic carrier? No, it does not...Remember Magic Johnson who tested "positive" for "HIV" around 1990? His wife never tested positive, and he never was sick. Another thing, let me share with you that HIV is not a sexually transmitted disease. It can not be disputed, but that false notion is firmly rooted in the american psyche. If you can prove one thing is a blatant lie, then you begin to recognize other lies that we have been told.

This practice has been used for the diagnosis of HIV/AIDS beginning in the early '80's though, so it does have a precedent. They used a PCR test that is unreliable to diagnose perfectly healthy people first in the US, then later in Africa.
woodman

Post by woodman »

woodman wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:43 pm
woodman wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:36 pm
PAL wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:18 pm Typhoid Mary. Actually she claimed she never had it, but evey where she went, cooking, people became ill.
woodman wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:58 pm

I found a video interview with Karen Kaplan from March of 2020. I am not trying to be disrespectful, but I watched this 14 minute video, and she really lacks credibility as far as I'm concerned. This was early on when the paranoia was really high so she is broadcasting that paranoia talking about how we should try not to touch our faces so much, and that we should wash our hands all the time. She describes how she washes her hands so often that her hands are raw from it. I believe hand washing for 20 seconds is a great practice, so I wouldn't dispute that although I avoid the alcohol based antibiotic purell type cleaners. She is just parroting what the msm, and The LA Times allows her to say... She is the science and medicine editor, so she is captured by whatever content that the LA Times allows her to share. It's interesting to me to see how crazy things were back then in terms of germophobia. I can imagine her having a changing room of her own in the house, and wiping down all surfaces, groceries, etc. when shopping. I went through those mental gymnastics in my mind early on, but when you think about grocery shopping for example, if you are worried about other people touching your groceries, what about the people who had to put them on the shelves? I guess she went through the whole ritual of wiping down all the groceries when she got home until she finally realized it was just stupid. She makes a nice 6 figure income so she has to play by the censorship rules. When she mentions that in Wuhan out of the first 45,000 people who were tested for coronavirus infection 81% of the cases were mild, 14% were serious, and 5% were severe. She says that 2 1/2% died, and she qualifies what she says that the pool of people in Wuhan who would have tested positive were not tested, so she says that if more people were tested the percentage of serious and severe cases and deaths would have decreased. I realize that Wuhan has a lot of air pollution, and that respiratory diseases have always been common, as well I think about how the 5G grid was turned on there. I wonder how many deaths happen on average in Wuhan which is a city of 10M or in a province of 60M people. What if they tested 10% or 1M people in the city of Wuhan in that time period? As she said if the testing sample included more people the percentages of illness would get lower. Instead of 81% it would likely approach 95% of those tested having mild symptoms. This is why many experts have determined that this is a "casedemic".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVom3XoG770
I screwed up in response to PAL. I don't believe the narrative about "Typhoid Mary" Even if they found typhoid in her blood she was healthy. The idea that someone can be an asymptomatic carrier does not hold up to science as I see it. We've been tricked over this notion with Covid because they have gotten away with it before. Just as they might find HIV according to a "test" in your blood, it does not mean that you are infected. Technically maybe it depends on how you define "infected" so it may be more clear to say that it does not mean that you are sick. Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi on a recent video says that he has TB in his body, but it is kept in check. He's not sick, and not a carrier. Most likely people got sick from food that had developed botulism or food poisoning from not being kept at proper temps., this was 1906, and she was the scapegoat.
woodman

Post by woodman »

This series of graphs showing excess deaths for corresponding countries for 2020- Present is interesting to me...

China showed less deaths than what would be projected based on previous years, especially for the first 18 months, and certainly had less total deaths than would have been projected based on previous years. Perhaps they had a steep learning curve, learning what they needed to do, whatever that was, and they appear to have had statistically far lower deaths overall which is quite alarming since this is where it originated from. I remember one explanation for why Wuhan actually had less deaths than normal, and I think this is important, is because industry and manufacturing came to a stand still for what seems like a few months, in a city that normally has 40X more air pollution than NYC, the air started to clear the usual pollution due to suddenly having less pollutants emitted into the atmosphere, and this improved peoples health, particularly respiratory health. Of course another contributor to cleaner air was almost no cars on the road. Nobody shut down as completely as Wuhan, China. There are photos showing that the air was clearing up due to shutdowns which had a profound effect on health., and I believe is the single biggest factor that explains the lower rate of All Cause mortality, and this is supposed to be a pandemic that started there. Why does it like the US so much!

It also appears according to the graphs for other countries on this page that although there appears to be an upward trend in cases from near the beginning of 2020, that upward trend doesn't appear to be very significant through 2020, and arguably almost appears flat through 2020, but the upward trend seems to accelerate in 2021.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/exce ... SA~BRA~IDN
Last edited by woodman on Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodman

Post by woodman »

Rideback wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:32 am I don't know where you get the idea that there wasn't a rise in deaths in 2020. There not only was a rise in deaths, nationally and world wide but there was also a noticeable uptick in overall deaths which is now being attributed to the stress on our health care systems so that people can't get the care they need because covid patients have filled all the slots.

You are grasping at straws when you talk about pollution in China. For all your opinions you have yet to produce any real scientific papers, all you have is you tubes from grifters and then you say that the scientists and doctors are all being censured and they're part of some cabal.

Your criticism about wiping down groceries, taking extra precautions with clothing...well, the tests on the virus demonstrated its lifespan on various surfaces. On a grocery story shelf, the items sit for a long enough time that the virus has died, but items that are touched by a checker who has been infected are more likely to carry a live virus, hence the idea that disinfecting them before bringing them into your home is a good precaution. The virus can live a longer time the harder the surface is; ie, paper vs stainless steel.

You really ought to read Premonition by Michael Lewis, which is what the 60 Minutes interview was about. It's a page turner read and will answer the questions that your conspiracy folk love to ask but never answer.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

This one excerpt from the link you shared speaks volumes to me. It describes how many Covid-19 deaths would have been flu deaths. The article says that it is possible for there to be less deaths from all causes compared to previous years, but also to have more deaths from Covid-19. I have shared before how deaths from "Covid" are a subset of deaths from seasonal flu. Since flu is already a part of all cause mortality since it is seasonal, they are saying basically that if "Covid" doesn't get you the flu is waiting in line, but because Covid is more virulent it out competes flu. Here is the excerpt:

"Because COVID-19 “competes” with other causes of death like the flu, this means that COVID-19 deaths are not by default excess deaths. It is possible for there to be more confirmed COVID-19 deaths than excess deaths, and in fact for there to be confirmed COVID-19 deaths without any excess deaths."

To me this describes data manipulation... Nobody can deny that seasonal flu has all but disappeared for the last 2 years, so the mainstream narrative would probably explain it this way: Covid is more virulent therefore it is killing many of the same people who would have succumbed to influenza soon after. All the precautions that have been taken against Covid have inadvertently prevented flu deaths, but Covid deaths have replaced flu deaths. So, this seems to be true, and the medical product they wanted everybody to take has not been shown to be a success.
Last edited by woodman on Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

I don't know where you get the idea that there wasn't a rise in deaths in 2020. There not only was a rise in deaths, nationally and world wide but there was also a noticeable uptick in overall deaths which is now being attributed to the stress on our health care systems so that people can't get the care they need because covid patients have filled all the slots.

You are grasping at straws when you talk about pollution in China. For all your opinions you have yet to produce any real scientific papers, all you have is you tubes from grifters and then you say that the scientists and doctors are all being censured and they're part of some cabal.

Your criticism about wiping down groceries, taking extra precautions with clothing...well, the tests on the virus demonstrated its lifespan on various surfaces. On a grocery story shelf, the items sit for a long enough time that the virus has died, but items that are touched by a checker who has been infected are more likely to carry a live virus, hence the idea that disinfecting them before bringing them into your home is a good precaution. The virus can live a longer time the harder the surface is; ie, paper vs stainless steel.

You really ought to read Premonition by Michael Lewis, which is what the 60 Minutes interview was about. It's a page turner read and will answer the questions that your conspiracy folk love to ask but never answer.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid
woodman

Post by woodman »

PAL wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:44 pm How do you explain the almost 901,000 deaths from Covid in the US? I know you will say that this is an inflated figure and all these people did not die of Covid. Maybe a few didn't, but the large majority did and still are. This is not a small number of people to die in 2 yrs.
"2 attractive women" debating. Is this a turn on for you? Kind of like mud wrestling?
2020 and 2021 were quite different years in terms of what was going on. We all should know that by now. I have learned that in the US there was no net increase in all cause mortality for the year 2020 compared to the average of the previous 5 years. I would say that if this were a true pandemic there would be a net increase in all cause mortality for 2020. There is a misleading post going around that life insurance claims have increased by 40% for the years 2020 and 2021. I don't argue that there has been an increase of 40% in life insurance claims, but what is misleading is to co-mingle those 2 years together. When you co-mingle the 2 years you can decide that the increased deaths are from Covid, or as a result of things that started in 2021. I have found research that clearly shows no increase in all cause mortality in 2020 compared to the 5 previous years average.

The other issue I have is that it seems quite clear that the incidences of seasonal flu has been almost non-existent since 2020. The obvious explanation is that this is data manipulation. Unless you believe that all the counter measures that have been practiced to protect us from Covid-19 somehow eliminated flu which should be quite a surprise!
Last edited by woodman on Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
woodman

Post by woodman »

woodman wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:36 pm
PAL wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:18 pm Typhoid Mary. Actually she claimed she never had it, but evey where she went, cooking, people became ill.
Rideback wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:37 pm A good piece from LA Times on impact of being vaccinated, California specific but makes the point.

'Good evening. I’m Karen Kaplan, and it’s Tuesday, Feb. 1. Here’s the latest on what’s happening with the coronavirus in California and beyond.

Considering how readily the Omicron variant spreads, a lot of people have been wondering whether COVID-19 vaccines are still of any use. To answer this question, let’s take a look at the COVID-19 death tolls in Southern California and the San Francisco Bay Area.

The southern part of the state recorded more than 2,400 COVID-19 deaths in January, when Omicron dominated the coronavirus landscape. That’s equivalent to 10.6 deaths per 100,000 residents.

The Bay Area, meanwhile, had just over 300 COVID-19 deaths last month. That works out to 3.7 deaths per 100,000 residents.

What accounts for the fact that the COVID-19 death rate was nearly three times higher in Southern California than in the Bay Area? Vaccines.

“Because of our high vaccine rate, and because of our booster rate, we are not in a situation like other parts of the country that have lower vaccination rates, where there are very high numbers of death, where they’re not able to staff their hospitals adequately,” Dr. Grant Colfax, San Francisco’s director of health, said at a recent Board of Supervisors meeting.

He’s not the only one who thinks vaccines deserve the credit, my colleagues Rong-Gong Lin II and Luke Money report.

The difference in death rates in the two parts of the state “can largely be accounted for by these important differences in percent [of people] vaccinated and boosted,” said Dr. Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla. “Undoubtedly, other factors contribute, but their impact is likely much less.”

A man in glasses, plastic gloves and mask administers an inoculation to a woman in a mask.
Ivonn Cruz gets a shot of COVID-19 vaccine from Micheal Federico at the First African Methodist Episcopal Church in Los Angeles. (Francine Orr / Los Angeles Times)
In Los Angeles County, 69.8% of all residents are fully vaccinated, and 46.4% of them have gotten a booster shot, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Orange County, those figures are 69.8% and 50.2%. They’re lower in San Diego County and the Inland Empire — only 56.7% of Riverside residents and 55.6% of those in San Bernardino County are fully vaccinated, CDC data show.

Travel north a few hundred miles and you’ll find that 82% of San Franciscans are fully vaccinated and 63.9% of them are boosted. In Santa Clara County, the most populous county in the Bay Area, 84.1% are fully vaccinated and 57.9% of them are boosted.

With higher vaccination and booster rates, the Bay Area experienced fewer coronavirus cases in January, and that lower case rate resulted in a lower COVID-19 death rate, said Dr. Robert Kim-Farley, an epidemiologist at UCLA.

This shouldn’t be all that surprising. Health officials and other experts have told us a time or two that the best way to reduce one’s risk of developing a severe — or fatal — case of COVID-19 is to get up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations. In early January, Californians who were unvaccinated were 6.9 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 and 16.9 times more likely to die of the disease compared with Californians who were fully vaccinated, according to the state Department of Public Health.

And compared with Californians who are fully vaccinated and boosted, those who are unvaccinated are 22 times more likely to die of COVID-19, the health department says.

A team from the L.A. County Department of Public Health published a report Tuesday in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report that compared COVID-19 hospitalization rates among unvaccinated, vaccinated and vaccinated-and-boosted residents. If you look at Figure 1, you’ll see a graph that shows hospitalizations have always been higher for unvaccinated individuals, but the gap took off like a hockey stick about a week after Omicron became the dominant coronavirus strain.

Here’s another way of looking at it: If everyone in L.A. County had been up to date with their vaccinations and boosters, the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients during the Omicron wave through mid-January would have been 98% lower than it actually was, according to modeling estimates from researchers at USC. Surely, that would have translated into many fewer deaths as well.

By the numbers
California cases and deaths as of 5:35 p.m. on Tuesday:

As of Feb. 1, California has recorded 8.385,920 coronavirus cases and 79,284 COVID-19 deaths.
Track California’s coronavirus spread and vaccination efforts — including the latest numbers and how they break down — with our graphics.
I found a video interview with Karen Kaplan from March of 2020. I am not trying to be disrespectful, but I watched this 14 minute video, and she really lacks credibility as far as I'm concerned. This was early on when the paranoia was really high so she is broadcasting that paranoia talking about how we should try not to touch our faces so much, and that we should wash our hands all the time. She describes how she washes her hands so often that her hands are raw from it. I believe hand washing for 20 seconds is a great practice, so I wouldn't dispute that although I avoid the alcohol based antibiotic purell type cleaners. She is just parroting what the msm, and The LA Times allows her to say... She is the science and medicine editor, so she is captured by whatever content that the LA Times allows her to share. It's interesting to me to see how crazy things were back then in terms of germophobia. I can imagine her having a changing room of her own in the house, and wiping down all surfaces, groceries, etc. when shopping. I went through those mental gymnastics in my mind early on, but when you think about grocery shopping for example, if you are worried about other people touching your groceries, what about the people who had to put them on the shelves? I guess she went through the whole ritual of wiping down all the groceries when she got home until she finally realized it was just stupid. She makes a nice 6 figure income so she has to play by the censorship rules. When she mentions that in Wuhan out of the first 45,000 people who were tested for coronavirus infection 81% of the cases were mild, 14% were serious, and 5% were severe. She says that 2 1/2% died, and she qualifies what she says that the pool of people in Wuhan who would have tested positive were not tested, so she says that if more people were tested the percentage of serious and severe cases and deaths would have decreased. I realize that Wuhan has a lot of air pollution, and that respiratory diseases have always been common, as well I think about how the 5G grid was turned on there. I wonder how many deaths happen on average in Wuhan which is a city of 10M or in a province of 60M people. What if they tested 10% or 1M people in the city of Wuhan in that time period? As she said if the testing sample included more people the percentages of illness would get lower. Instead of 81% it would likely approach 95% of those tested having mild symptoms. This is why many experts have determined that this is a "casedemic".

woodman

Post by woodman »

Rideback wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:37 pm A good piece from LA Times on impact of being vaccinated, California specific but makes the point.

'Good evening. I’m Karen Kaplan, and it’s Tuesday, Feb. 1. Here’s the latest on what’s happening with the coronavirus in California and beyond.

Considering how readily the Omicron variant spreads, a lot of people have been wondering whether COVID-19 vaccines are still of any use. To answer this question, let’s take a look at the COVID-19 death tolls in Southern California and the San Francisco Bay Area.

The southern part of the state recorded more than 2,400 COVID-19 deaths in January, when Omicron dominated the coronavirus landscape. That’s equivalent to 10.6 deaths per 100,000 residents.

The Bay Area, meanwhile, had just over 300 COVID-19 deaths last month. That works out to 3.7 deaths per 100,000 residents.

What accounts for the fact that the COVID-19 death rate was nearly three times higher in Southern California than in the Bay Area? Vaccines.

“Because of our high vaccine rate, and because of our booster rate, we are not in a situation like other parts of the country that have lower vaccination rates, where there are very high numbers of death, where they’re not able to staff their hospitals adequately,” Dr. Grant Colfax, San Francisco’s director of health, said at a recent Board of Supervisors meeting.

He’s not the only one who thinks vaccines deserve the credit, my colleagues Rong-Gong Lin II and Luke Money report.

The difference in death rates in the two parts of the state “can largely be accounted for by these important differences in percent [of people] vaccinated and boosted,” said Dr. Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla. “Undoubtedly, other factors contribute, but their impact is likely much less.”

A man in glasses, plastic gloves and mask administers an inoculation to a woman in a mask.
Ivonn Cruz gets a shot of COVID-19 vaccine from Micheal Federico at the First African Methodist Episcopal Church in Los Angeles. (Francine Orr / Los Angeles Times)
In Los Angeles County, 69.8% of all residents are fully vaccinated, and 46.4% of them have gotten a booster shot, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Orange County, those figures are 69.8% and 50.2%. They’re lower in San Diego County and the Inland Empire — only 56.7% of Riverside residents and 55.6% of those in San Bernardino County are fully vaccinated, CDC data show.

Travel north a few hundred miles and you’ll find that 82% of San Franciscans are fully vaccinated and 63.9% of them are boosted. In Santa Clara County, the most populous county in the Bay Area, 84.1% are fully vaccinated and 57.9% of them are boosted.

With higher vaccination and booster rates, the Bay Area experienced fewer coronavirus cases in January, and that lower case rate resulted in a lower COVID-19 death rate, said Dr. Robert Kim-Farley, an epidemiologist at UCLA.

This shouldn’t be all that surprising. Health officials and other experts have told us a time or two that the best way to reduce one’s risk of developing a severe — or fatal — case of COVID-19 is to get up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations. In early January, Californians who were unvaccinated were 6.9 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 and 16.9 times more likely to die of the disease compared with Californians who were fully vaccinated, according to the state Department of Public Health.

And compared with Californians who are fully vaccinated and boosted, those who are unvaccinated are 22 times more likely to die of COVID-19, the health department says.

A team from the L.A. County Department of Public Health published a report Tuesday in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report that compared COVID-19 hospitalization rates among unvaccinated, vaccinated and vaccinated-and-boosted residents. If you look at Figure 1, you’ll see a graph that shows hospitalizations have always been higher for unvaccinated individuals, but the gap took off like a hockey stick about a week after Omicron became the dominant coronavirus strain.

Here’s another way of looking at it: If everyone in L.A. County had been up to date with their vaccinations and boosters, the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients during the Omicron wave through mid-January would have been 98% lower than it actually was, according to modeling estimates from researchers at USC. Surely, that would have translated into many fewer deaths as well.

By the numbers

As of Feb. 1, California has recorded 8.385,920 coronavirus cases and 79,284 COVID-19 deaths.
Track California’s coronavirus spread and vaccination efforts — including the latest numbers and how they break down — with our graphics.

woodman

Post by woodman »

By the numbers

Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Dr. Samantha Bailey: fact checked. Just once it would do you well to check on your sources.

https://factcheck.afp.com/new-zealand-d ... ed-youtube
PAL

Post by PAL »

How do you explain the almost 901,000 deaths from Covid in the US? I know you will say that this is an inflated figure and all these people did not die of Covid. Maybe a few didn't, but the large majority did and still are. This is not a small number of people to die in 2 yrs.
"2 attractive women" debating. Is this a turn on for you? Kind of like mud wrestling?
Pearl Cherrington
woodman

Post by woodman »

Rideback wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:20 am Woodman, your comment is a good example of what happens when someone cherry picks. The fact checker was simply doing due diligence and putting the remark into context, which was that he was referring to HIV. To expand the comment the way that you're doing would lead to someone claiming that 'anything' could test positive. Really? As in tetanus? Ebola? Context is everything for all comments.

Everybody gets suckered from time to time; unfortunately we're living in a time where the internet and you tube has given a golden opportunity to the con men and grifters and turned them into super rich. It pays to learn who is asking these conspiracy questions. Meanwhile, there are real life super heroes in science, like Dr. Charity Dean.

My favorite quote of hers: 'Men like that always underestimate me,' she said 'They think my spirit animal is a bunny and it's a fucking dragon.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXMNv6ilPI
Being what many on this BB would call a "conspiracy theorist" then it won't surprise you when I say that welding and bolting doors shut to keep people in was theater and had no real value since my research shows that there is no "viral" spread, and that the officials behind the scenes in Wuhan knew this "virus" did not have any potential to become a pandemic, and it never did become a pandemic IMO. The police doing the enforcement, and those enforcing the strict lockdowns may have believed this was a dangerous, contagious pandemic too, but I am an entrenched "conspiracy guy" who thinks that I have studied the nuts and bolts of this thing. In one of the videos I posted it was pointed out that there were 13 hospitalized people in Wuhan due to the "outbreak" who were tracked, and during their hospital stay they all had as many as 600 contacts each and not one person in contact with any of them got sick. I admire the zeal ofDr. Dean's to do the right thing, but my personal belief is that enormous unnecessary harm was done in California due to Lockdowns that she supported. She obviously believes the propaganda, but I prefer to go with Dr. Sam Bailey's point of view. Wouldn't it be great if 2 attractive women who claim to know this stuff could actually have a debate? It will never happen because Dr. Dean has sold out to an agenda, and the people she surrounds herself wouldn't let her have a debate even if she wanted to. Do you think we can look forward to Joe Rogan hosting a debate between an establishment scientist and Dr. Malone or Dr Peter McCullough? It would be great, but it's not going to happen. One side has actual science, and the other side has censorship...