An inconvenient truth-NEW!

Fun CH

Re: An inconvenient truth-NEW!

Post by Fun CH »

woodman wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:20 pm Why is any contrarian narrative at stake, and why is it such a threat? Why can't we allow the marketplace of ideas to determine importance? Why did I get censored from using local internet BB?
To offer an opinion to your questions.

It depends upon what the "contrarian" narrative is and whether or not that narrative causes harm to others. For example, the idea that certain groups of people are superior to another group of people based on their race, sex or color of their skin, etc.

In many countries we, the overwhelming majority, have excepted that all men and women are created equal so viewpoints that espouse ideas like racism and sexism are not tolerated. Those contrarian viewpoints deprive others of their rights and in many cases lead to physical harm and death.

Its still a battle of beliefs and why we work towards a more perfect union. That belief in equality is also why we fight to defeat fascism such Hitler's regime or any other more recent authoritative threats to our Replubic.

So in reality we are allowing "the marketplace of ideas to determine importance".

As far as being censored at the other local BB.

The methow net BB is an offshoot of its commercial operations to sell internet services and commercial advertising.

My very first post was censured there on the grounds of defamation. I was speaking out against the proposed snow park at Silver Star and did not defame anyone.

But obviously a few folks didn't like the fact that I was interfering with a commercial agenda to further develop our Wilderness quality North Cascade Mountains.

I was finally kicked off the bulletin board right after I was strongly opposing a rekindling of the Methow Recreational District idea. Basically a plan to take tax dollars, and in some cases, our private property from us and give it to the commercial agenda.

I had pointed out that one of the vocal supporters (Paul Butler) of the previous Recreational District plan was also the same guy who had verbally assaulted me and borderline threatened me in the Twisp communitiy center parking lot back in 2012.

That incident occured soon after I had turned his Corporation in to the Forest Service for allegedly breaking the law and operating outside his permit terrain area. .

Those allegations I and a few other concerned citizens made were substantiated and it was determined that in fact North Cascade Heli-ski Corporation did break the law and they did violate their permit.

So my conclusion is that Methownet, (like many such forums) is bound by its commercial interests .

Ray's BB doesn't have that same operational bias so we are free to speak here.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

Right. A global scam is highly improbable. How and why could anyone organize a global scam? The numbers of people in hospitals around the world cannot be faked. Misinformation is deadly.
woodman

Post by woodman »

640 doctors claim "CV-19 is a global scam". https://www.weblyf.com/2020/08/640-doct ... 4WMfj4Yrfk
woodman

An inconvenient truth-NEW!

Post by woodman »

Why is any contrarian narrative at stake, and why is it such a threat? Why can't we allow the marketplace of ideas to determine importance? Why did I get censored from using local internet BB? https://www.bitchute.com/video/UouNTYb7AHw/ v=E5meH2iAjIU&fbclid=IwAR2qUWNXEN97Ft7mPodDsHiveclyznzAruKorolqztczXoAyUYoF02AhlMs