Things just don't change...

woodman

Re: Things just don't change...

Post by woodman »

[quote=alfrandell post_id=3438 time=1638382783 user_id=73]
I really hate to say thay woodman may be right.
however, there are still huge missing components to the novel virus puzzle.
i am betting my life on the vaccine, and on masks and so on.
It is possible that i am wrong, and that people who suffer throught the actual illness over and over again will have a better life.
Again, my own bet is on the science.
but, i am admitting that there are important bits missing from the whole picture.

i will point out the way that anti biotics seemed to totally kill infection at first.
life taking infections seemed go be over!
but later, we found out that anti biotics were doing much more than we ever imagined.
The drug itself had become an agent of evolutionary change.
It was in the water underground.
[who would have guessed that peed out anti biotics would poison groundwater?]
[/quote

Previous to 2020, I believe you would have been in agreement with Dr. Vernon Coleman.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-verno ... BJFyc.html
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

pasayten wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:18 pm ...
Robert Malone claims to have invented mRNA technology. Why is he trying so hard to undermine its use?
Karikó replied that she hadn’t told anyone that she is the inventor of mRNA vaccines and that “many many scientists” contributed to their success. “I have never claimed more than discovering a way to make RNA less inflammatory,” she wrote to him. She told me that Malone referred to himself in an email as her “mentor” and “coach,” though she says they’ve met in person only once, in 1997, when he invited her to give a talk. It’s Malone, according to Karikó, who has been overstating his accomplishments. There are “hundreds of scientists who contributed more to mRNA vaccines than he did.”
On the average, anybody who claims they are the "inventor of X" is probably a blowhard tooting their own horn.

In the modern era, scientific discovery and invention are team sports. That smartphone you have is covered by over 300,000 patents. Some of them are from companies like Apple, Samsung, and Motorola, but a lot of them are by people and companies you've probably never heard of.

mRNA technology is similar. It sounds like Malone made important contributions and discoveries to that technology, but it is a gross exaggeration to claim that he "invented" it or, bluntly, invented anything. From what I can find, he ran some experiments and discovered natural processes (that he and a lot of others suspected had to exist) that could be used by others. Natural processes cannot be inventions.

This isn't really unique to our era. A lot of people contributed to the development of practical steam engines, and there were a lot of individual inventions that went into making steam engines that were useful and able to be produced and used on a large scale. Similarly, Thomas Edison certainly did not invent electric light. He was one of many people who advanced the state of the art, and arguably his biggest invention was building a system for distributing electric power to many customers (although his system was quickly eclipsed by the AC system developed by Westinghouse).
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

woodman wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:21 pm Is mass hypnosis a thing? Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of mrna technology, and here is his commentary from the outside looking in...
The Vaccine Scientist Spreading Vaccine Misinformation
Robert Malone claims to have invented mRNA technology. Why is he trying so hard to undermine its use?

By Tom Bartlett
Updated at 3:00 p.m. ET on August 23, 2021

Robert Malone—a medical doctor and an infectious-disease researcher—recently suggested that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines might actually make COVID-19 infections worse. He chuckled as he imagined Anthony Fauci announcing that the vaccination campaign was all a big mistake (“Oh darn, I was wrong!”) and would need to be abandoned. When he floated that nightmare scenario during a recent podcast interview with Steve Bannon, both men seemed almost delighted at the prospect of public-health officials and pharmaceutical companies getting their comeuppance. “This is a catastrophe,” Bannon declared, beaming at his guest. “You’re hearing it from an individual who invented the mRNA [vaccine] and has dedicated his life to vaccines. He’s the opposite of an anti-vaxxer.”

Before going any further, let’s be clear that the back-and-forth between Bannon and Malone was premised on misinformation. The vaccines have repeatedly been shown to help prevent symptomatic coronavirus infections and reduce their severity. Malone was riffing on a botched sentence in a USA Today article, one that was later deleted but not before being screenshotted and widely shared. That kind of overheated, spottily sourced conversation is par for the course on shows like Bannon’s, which traffic in a set of claims that sound depressingly familiar: The vaccines cause more harm than experts are letting on; Fauci is a liar and possibly a fascist; and the mainstream news media is either shamelessly complicit or too stupid to figure out what’s really going on.

In that alternate media universe, Robert Malone’s star is ascendant. He started popping up on podcasts and cable news shows a few months ago, presented as a scientific expert, arguing that the approval process for the vaccines had been unwisely rushed. He told Tucker Carlson that the public doesn’t have enough information to decide whether to get vaccinated. He told Glenn Beck that offering incentives for taking vaccines is unethical. He told Del Bigtree, an anti-vaccine activist who opposes common childhood inoculations, that there hadn’t been sufficient research on how the vaccines might affect women’s reproductive systems. On show after show, Malone, who has quickly amassed more than 200,000 Twitter followers, casts doubt on the safety of the vaccines while decrying what he sees as attempts to censor dissent.

Wherever he appears, Malone is billed as the inventor of mRNA vaccines. It’s in his Twitter bio. “I literally invented mRNA technology when I was 28,” says Malone, who is now 61. If that’s true—or, more to the point, if Malone believes it to be true—then you might expect him to be championing a very different message in his media appearances. According to one recent study, the innovation for which he claims to be responsible has already saved hundreds of thousands of lives in the United States alone; there’s talk that it may soon lead to a round of Nobel Prizes. It’s the kind of validation that few scientists in history have ever received. Yet instead of taking a victory lap, Malone has emerged as one of the most vocal critics of his own alleged accomplishment. He’s sowed doubt about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines on pretty much any podcast or YouTube channel that will have him.

Why is the self-described inventor of the mRNA vaccines working so hard to undermine them?

Whether Malone really came up with mRNA vaccines is a question probably best left to Swedish prize committees, but you could make a case for his involvement. When I called Malone at his 50-acre horse farm in Virginia, he directed me to a 6,000-word essay written by his wife, Jill, that lays out why he believes himself to be the primary discoverer. “This is a story about academic and commercial avarice,” it begins. The document’s tone is pointed, and at times lapses into all-caps fury. She frames her husband as a genius scientist who is “largely unknown by the scientific establishment because of abuses by individuals to secure their own place in the history books.”

The abridged version is that when Malone was a graduate student in biology in the late 1980s at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, he injected genetic material—DNA and RNA—into the cells of mice in hopes of creating a new kind of vaccine. He was the first author on a 1989 paper demonstrating how RNA could be delivered into cells using lipids, which are basically tiny globules of fat, and a co-author on a 1990 Science paper showing that if you inject pure RNA or DNA into mouse muscle cells, it can lead to the transcription of new proteins. If the same approach worked for human cells, the latter paper said in its conclusion, this technology “may provide alternative approaches to vaccine development.”

These two studies do indeed represent seminal work in the field of gene transfer, according to Rein Verbeke, a postdoctoral fellow at Ghent University, in Belgium, and the lead author of a 2019 history of mRNA-vaccine development. (Indeed, Malone’s studies are the first two references in Verbeke’s paper, out of 224 in total.) Verbeke told me he believes that Malone and his co-authors “sparked for the first time the hope that mRNA could have potential as a new drug class,” though he also notes that “the achievement of the mRNA vaccines of today is the accomplishment of a lot of collaborative efforts.”

Malone says he deserves credit for more than just sparking hope. He dropped out of graduate school in 1988, just short of his Ph.D., and went to work at a pharmaceutical company called Vical. Now he claims that both the Salk Institute and Vical profited from his work and essentially prevented him from further pursuing his research. (A Salk Institute spokesperson said that nothing in the institute’s records substantiates Malone’s allegations. The biotech company into which Vical was merged, Brickell, did not respond to requests for comment.) To say that Malone remains bitter over this perceived mistreatment doesn’t do justice to his sense of aggrievement. He calls what happened to him “intellectual rape.”

One target of Malone’s ire, the biochemist Katalin Karikó, has been featured in multiple news stories as an mRNA-vaccine pioneer. CNN called her work “the basis of the Covid-19 vaccine” while a New York Times headline said she had “helped shield the world from the coronavirus.” None of those stories mentioned Malone. “I’ve been written out of the history,” he has said. “It’s all about Kati.” Karikó shared with me an email that Malone sent her in June, accusing her of feeding reporters bogus information and inflating her own accomplishments. “This is not going to end well,” Malone’s message says.

Karikó replied that she hadn’t told anyone that she is the inventor of mRNA vaccines and that “many many scientists” contributed to their success. “I have never claimed more than discovering a way to make RNA less inflammatory,” she wrote to him. She told me that Malone referred to himself in an email as her “mentor” and “coach,” though she says they’ve met in person only once, in 1997, when he invited her to give a talk. It’s Malone, according to Karikó, who has been overstating his accomplishments. There are “hundreds of scientists who contributed more to mRNA vaccines than he did.”
pasayten
Ray Peterson
woodman

Post by woodman »

"Your love of freedom has to be greater than your fear of a germ". Robert Kennedy Jr.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/robert-f ... LUY2n.html
woodman

Post by woodman »

Is mass hypnosis a thing? Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of mrna technology, and here is his commentary from the outside looking in...

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-rober ... jlCt5.html
woodman

Post by woodman »

alfrandell wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:18 pm thanks for linking us again and again with sites that dispense nothing but anti science and hate material.
you are really helping us to understand this silly pandemic!
Your welcome...

I hope this is not too much science for you. The first 7 minutes describes the players in this, and at 7:00 she begins to get into scientific analysis. I also hope there is an avenue for escape from circular discourse founded in fraud.

https://odysee.com/@TheTruthSeeker:f/Th ... PART-ONE:6
Mark58

Post by Mark58 »

Fun CH wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:06 am The root causes of mistrust in our institutions have yet to be reconciled. Until that happens, and all people are treated fairly and with respect, expect more of the same.

Have you recognized your contribution to the problem?

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/20 ... n-america/

"Trust is an essential elixir for public life and neighborly relations, and when Americans think about trust these days, they worry. Two-thirds of adults think other Americans have little or no confidence in the federal government. Majorities believe the public’s confidence in the U.S. government and in each other is shrinking, and most believe a shortage of trust in government and in other citizens makes it harder to solve some of the nation’s key problems."
An interesting study. A few interesting visuals. Who is least trusting?: the young, the poor and the uneducated. I think there's a message there.
woodman

Post by woodman »

44 players on the football team at Berkeley got Covid...https://brandnewtube.com/watch/commiefo ... jUk54.html
woodman

Post by woodman »

Fun CH wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:06 am The root causes of mistrust in our institutions have yet to be reconciled. Until that happens, and all people are treated fairly and with respect, expect more of the same.

"Trust is an essential elixir for public life and neighborly relations, and when Americans think about trust these days, they worry. Two-thirds of adults think other Americans have little or no confidence in the federal government. Majorities believe the public’s confidence in the U.S. government and in each other is shrinking, and most believe a shortage of trust in government and in other citizens makes it harder to solve some of the nation’s key problems."
Yes, they need to reconcile so that trust can be restored, but they have to unravel a bunch of lies. https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-david ... jgP8e.html
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

The root causes of mistrust in our institutions have yet to be reconciled. Until that happens, and all people are treated fairly and with respect, expect more of the same.

What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
mister_coffee

Things just don't change...

Post by mister_coffee »

November, 17 2020:

Many COVID-19 patients insist ‘it’s not real’ until they die, nurse says
https://globalnews.ca/news/7467283/coro ... urse-hoax/

November 11, 2021:

Colorado ICU Nurse: Many COVID Patients Still Don’t Believe Virus Is Real, Blame Hospital For Illness: ‘They’re Calling You A Murderer’
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/11/10/ ... icu-nurse/
:arrow: David Bonn :idea: