Pfizer board member Gottlieb says the Covid pandemic could be over in the U.S. by January

Fun CH

Re: Pfizer board member Gottlieb says the Covid pandemic could be over in the U.S. by January

Post by Fun CH »

dorankj wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:05 am I knew I should have put ‘LOL’!
I did Google phizermectin after you posted that, and was linked to a forum talking about not trusting big pharma and the Effectiveness or lack thereof of ivermectin and lots of talk about them both being protease inhibitors, whatever that is.

So some are taking it seriously, while I didn't even know it was a thing.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
dorankj

Re: Pfizer board member Gottlieb says the Covid pandemic could be over in the U.S. by January

Post by dorankj »

I knew I should have put ‘LOL’!
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

dorankj wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:09 am Putting words into other people’s mouths and then holding them responsible for those words seems to be a problem for certain people here! Also their lack of self awareness when they do or say what they are accusing others of. The psychology of projection or ‘gaslighting’ is an interesting thought exercise.
So true. I was threatened on another thread by a "professional researcher".

And on the other BB one "expert" there continually posted that I was advocating for requiring people to wear masks all the time while they're cross country skiing on the MT system. Which of course was a blatant untruth.

Same guy, go figure.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

dorankj wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 am I’ve heard that new anti-viral is called ‘phizermectin’ (but it’s DEFINITELY NOT horse wormer!)

"Fact Check-Pfizer's trial COVID-19 drug is not the same as ivermectin"

https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2R11T5
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Then you're not hearing very well, because Pfizer's press releases are calling it PAXLOVID, which they just trademarked as well.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

I’ve heard that new anti-viral is called ‘phizermectin’ (but it’s DEFINITELY NOT horse wormer!)
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 pm Pfizer board member Gottlieb says the Covid pandemic could be over in the U.S. by January

Omicron variant: Hold my spike protein...

He's his exact quote.

"By Jan. 4, this pandemic may well be over, at least as it relates to the United States after we get through this delta wave of infection. And we'll be in a more endemic phase of this virus."

The article goes on to talk about the new antiviral that his associated company, Pfizer, is producing.

And to early to tell if the new Varient will change things. But I'm guessing we'll have to endure another round of Internet shaming and blaming with a side of fear-mongering.

People are quick to lose sight of the fact that it's the virus that's the enemy. Not people trying to negotiate a pandemic the best way they know how and are able.

Although David I was happy to see that you posted in another thread that there's not enough data concerning the new variant to draw any definitive conclusions at this time.

"May you live in interesting times"
Last edited by Fun CH on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Putting words into other people’s mouths and then holding them responsible for those words seems to be a problem for certain people here! Also their lack of self awareness when they do or say what they are accusing others of. The psychology of projection or ‘gaslighting’ is an interesting thought exercise.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

alfrandell wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:14 pm Yup, thanks for calling the other users here posers again and again.
Some of us have one or more diplomas.
Mine is real.
I believe that you have declared covid to be over.
I am relieved.
Carry on...
You sure seem to like putting words into other people's mouths.

I did not declare the pandamic over.

But when it is finally over, people who received the vaccine and acquired natural immunity will have contributed to the herd immunity required to end the pandamic.. If you don't think that's a fact, then debate that point.

It is interesting though that you identified with my statement on youtube and internet posers.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Pfizer board member Gottlieb says the Covid pandemic could be over in the U.S. by January

Omicron variant: Hold my spike protein...
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/05/pfizer- ... uary-.html

"These mandates that are going to be put in place by Jan. 4 really are coming on the tail end of this pandemic," said Gottlieb, who's also a former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration. "By Jan. 4, this pandemic may well be over, at least as it relates to the United States after we get through this delta wave of infection. And we'll be in a more endemic phase of this virus."

From Wikipedia defining endemic.

"In epidemiology, an infection is said to be endemic in a population when that infection is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area without external inputs. For example, chickenpox is endemic in the United Kingdom, but malaria is not."

In an endemic stage of a pathogen, if I understand this correctly, the SARS CoV2 virus will continue and could continue to be deadly, it just won't be spreading like an out-of-control wildfire.

And more good news; new antiviral medications which help stop a virus from replicating in the body are now being considered for use approval.

I've said this before but it turns out we've done this together after all. Certainly both natural immunity and vaccinations have contributed to ending this pandamic. No more political angst is needed or desirable at this point.

All the youtube and internet posers can finally move on to something that's actually productive in positive service and support to their local communities.

Thanks to all those vaccine testers and especially the 5 to 11 year old boys and girls who showed great courage in the face of uncertainty.

And of course, thanks to all the essential and medical workers who went well beyond the call of duty and risked, and in far too many cases, gave their own lives, while helping to save the lives of others.