Help on fire hose

mister_coffee

Re: Help on fire hose

Post by mister_coffee »

Thanks for the offers. Right now things are a bit hectic for me and I apologize for not replying promptly.

I did have some conversations with wildland firefighters experienced with water shows and they gave me some hints. This is more complicated than I expected.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

I don’t remember seeing this either, I have a very similar system after ‘14, ‘15 and am a professional FF (but not ‘big cheese’) I can try to help if you want.
Gonzo'57

Post by Gonzo'57 »

mister-coffee,

Would like to help. Not as simple as you make it sound. If you would like my help, please email me at jfokoneski@gmail.com and we can start a dialogue in real time.
mister_coffee

Help on fire hose

Post by mister_coffee »

After the events of last summer, I'm needing to do a rethink on my house gets defended.

My plan going forward (and hopefully ready for next year) is to have a 1000+ gallon water tank and a gravity feed system that connects into a sprinkler and soaker hose network around my house.

I will have an approximately 500 foot hose run from the water tank to my house, and will likely use this excellent hose:

https://www.firehosedirect.com/Yellow-1 ... -Couplings

That will connect into a station just above my house which will then use toy hose (garden hose) to run sprinklers and soaker hose, and have some extra connections so I can run around with a nozzle and fight spot fires.

My fairly straightforward problem is that I need help identifying the couplings and connections I'll need on each end of that 500 feet of 1.5" hose. So I'd love to hear from someone who can give advise or help in setting this system up.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea: