Important data (Covid)

woodman

Re: Important data

Post by woodman »

alfrandell wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:09 pm o, and brad,
your ability to misuse statistics is pretty awesome.
It is funny that the right wing, who are all patriotic and brave and stuff,
are making covid last for many years by faking fear of a new vaccine.
In the country that came up with methods for treating pandemics.
And now, is the worst place in the world to live, heathwise.

we are an ugly, obese, and sick people.
Time is of the essence. Even though you may avoid hearing what he says, I suspect there are many others who are curious about threads that you comment in, so here is for somebody...https://brandnewtube.com/watch/dr-david ... jgP8e.html
woodman

Post by woodman »

alfrandell wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:42 am brad, you are cutting and pasting quotes for ken as your gunpowder?
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahayhahahahahaha
Maybe my error was in putting it all in the same window in the post. You think I am cutting and pasting what Ken shared previously??? No, sorry....I am using a novel approach that is completely my own.
woodman

Post by woodman »

mister_coffee wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:25 am
woodman wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:25 pm I should think that there would be a clear decrease in general mortality in 2021 compared to 2020, but the indications are that the rate of mortality has increased just as the vaxx program was being initiated, and was trending up more than compared to 2020...We need to show that the vaccine is helping to end the pandemic.
You actually are misreading the graphs.

The graphs show cumulative deaths over the course of the year, so of course the lines are always going up. Remember that we started 2021 with a very high baseline of approximately 3000-odd covid deaths per day. What the 2021 line shows is that the slope of that line was smaller and the cumulative deaths increased at a lower rate than at any time since April of 2020 when this thing really started. That effect is largely due to vaccination.
The blue and green dotted lines on the graphs are showing that nationwide all cause mortality has increased by 14.8% in 2021 compared to 2020, and there is still 6 more weeks left in 2021.
woodman

Post by woodman »

dorankj wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:56 pm I know too that a great many people refused to go to the hospital/ER last year for fear of COVID, so many procedures and issues were not addressed early (when easier) and are now too late and/or more difficult to treat.

Dr. Peter McCollough has been addressing that issue since March of 2021, and I am in complete agreement with him. If this was really about getting the pandemic under control we would have been allowed to use whatever we can including the jab if that is your choice, but exclusive use of the jab has cost lives while people with symptoms didn't have access to early treatment protocols here in the US like they should have had, and other countries that have politicized the vaxx issue. Doctors were not allowed to practice their profession as they had always done, and fairly harmless treatments that showed some efficacy were lambasted, and even the Lancet which is a respected medical journal published a bogus study which claimed to show that HCQ does more harm than good. The publication did not retract the article until 2 weeks later. There are probably lots of jobs for ghost writers these days... Anyways, Dr. Peter McCollough estimates that 85% of hospitalizations could have been prevented, and 55% of deaths from "Covid".
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

woodman wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:25 pm I should think that there would be a clear decrease in general mortality in 2021 compared to 2020, but the indications are that the rate of mortality has increased just as the vaxx program was being initiated, and was trending up more than compared to 2020...We need to show that the vaccine is helping to end the pandemic.
You actually are misreading the graphs.

The graphs show cumulative deaths over the course of the year, so of course the lines are always going up. Remember that we started 2021 with a very high baseline of approximately 3000-odd covid deaths per day. What the 2021 line shows is that the slope of that line was smaller and the cumulative deaths increased at a lower rate than at any time since April of 2020 when this thing really started. That effect is largely due to vaccination.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

Well, why not?
I have a friend that did get Covid last year and still is having problems from it. Problems she never had before.
I am in an older age group, and did not want to test the waters, so to speak and get the virus, to find out I might have long term effects.
So I took the "poison" as you call it. I have not dropped dead yet, as I am typing this, unless the nanobots have taken me over and are doing this.
Again, I will say, there is much concern over the vaccinated dying from the vaccine. If we who are vaccinated do drop dead, shouldn't those that believe we will, be happy. Less of "us" to deal with. I am being facetious.
One post posed the question about the unvaccinated being hospitalized. Well, yeah, they are. Whereas the vaccinated are more likely not to be hospitalized. A stat in Okanogan county says that there have been about 292 breakthrough cases since Dec. of 2020 to now. That's a pretty low number overall.
Granted very healthy people may only get a mild case and good for them. But other people, considered to be healthy have had a bit of rough go. One of our county commissioners, Andy Hover, had it and for about 10 days, he said he didn't feel so good.
I believe the virus is real. I don't believe I will drop dead from the vaccine.
I also notice that people like Jerry Day, in an interview, kept saying "they" this and "they" that. Who are "they"? The conspirators? Brad, can you tell us who "they" are?
Pearl Cherrington
woodman

Post by woodman »

I am not a self-proclaimed genius autistic savant like some people claim to be so that would be a disclaimer just for giggles...https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-i ... hp&pc=U531
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

SHUT UP Alf, you jack wagon! You’re an idiot.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

I know too that a great many people refused to go to the hospital/ER last year for fear of COVID, so many procedures and issues were not addressed early (when easier) and are now too late and/or more difficult to treat.
woodman

Post by woodman »

Catherine Austin Fitts: "This is not the first time in history that plague laws have been used to centralize control". This is not about health.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/catherin ... XkYvW.html
woodman

Post by woodman »

I understand well why it is so confusing to so many people...

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/if-hospi ... q8cI7.html
Last edited by woodman on Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodman

Post by woodman »

I should think that there would be a clear decrease in general mortality in 2021 compared to 2020, but the indications are that the rate of mortality has increased just as the vaxx program was being initiated, and was trending up more than compared to 2020...We need to show that the vaccine is helping to end the pandemic.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

woodman wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:47 pm You can draw your own conclusions, but these graphs show excess deaths from all causes have increased in the US fairly consistently since the beginning of 2021.https://www.usmortality.com/excess
I think this thing called COVID-19 is going on. If you read the "about" section of the above page it describes the baseline for excess deaths as the average number of deaths from 2015-2019, corrected for population and age and smoothed with a gaussian function. So it is to be expected and the excess deaths shown closely correlate to official COVID-19 deaths.
woodman

Post by woodman »

mister_coffee wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:19 pm Help me out. If "vaccines don't work" how come 99.5% of COVID deaths are coming from the 40% of the population that aren't vaccinated?
You can draw your own conclusions, but these graphs show excess deaths from all causes have increased in the US fairly consistently since the beginning of 2021.https://www.usmortality.com/excess
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Help me out. If "vaccines don't work" how come 99.5% of COVID deaths are coming from the 40% of the population that aren't vaccinated?
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Sorry Brad... Another fake news website full of misinformation...
pasayten
Ray Peterson
woodman

Post by woodman »

"Vaccine efficacy has plummeted, and is now likely below 50% for all three vaccines in use in the US". https://popularrationalism.substack.com ... kQ_-3UWdmQ
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

If you are using that one non-peer reviewed study to make a major decision about your life and health you being extremely foolish.

There are a number of statistical red flags in the study results, and it does not appear that the authors did anything to test for the problems those red flags indicated. Worse, it doesn't seem that the study authors even realized those red flags were present.

This excellent twitter thread from Diego Bassani (Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Toronto) gives a good summary of some of the problems:

https://twitter.com/dgbassani/status/14 ... 8924768269

You don't need a twitter account to read it.

Note that Dr. Bassani's summary doesn't describe all of the problems.
woodman

Post by woodman »

dorankj wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:30 pm We really don’t know until we’ve had the time to do the science and discern the data. I believe natural immunity was found to be 27x more effective than vax immunity. I would prefer that option as I’m relatively young, healthy and have many co-workers do very well. Losing my job after providing my best effort when all was unknown seems particularly unfair especially when we’re only asking to uphold our Federal Civil Rights.
I hope this discussion can dissolve illusions for you...https://brandnewtube.com/watch/conversa ... PC8Bi.html
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

About forty percent of the US population has one or more co-morbidities that are associated with worse outcomes for COVID-19. That is a lot of people to write off.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Here is some Covid vaccine misinformation for you. It's on the other BB, soon to be taken off. This John dude only posts once in a while and usually it is inaccurate info as seen here:
And posted about the guy having mental problems. The mental health care system is indeed forgotten about, it seems. But he could have been a little nicer about it.
Pearl

Post by Gonzo'57 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:37 pm

mnRNA alters your DNA. Read the science. And the folks advocating for the vaccines and disparaging those of us who WILL NOT get the jab are the same folks that decried GMO wheat being used in their Corn Flakes. Follow the science.

John Okoneski - Wenatchee/Mazama
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

^🚫🐄...

Admin note... Use your words... :-)
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

dorankj wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:37 am And with a 99. 9xxx survival rate for under 65, not obese and no other co-morbitities it basically won’t effect the vast majority AND they will have the superior natural immunity for the next variant and the next one. Just like the flu, just like colds etc. Maybe you’re the danger to us all selling doom, death and fear and being wrong so often!
Alf and David put out so much misinformation on this site. I'm hoping people have the sense not to listen to them and instead consult reliable Governmental health agencies or their own medical Doctors.

They and others harass the unvaccinated online and then complain when they allege it happens to them in person. They are not seeing that they are creating and escalating much of the of conflict surrounding this public health issue, same as the misinformation masters on the other side. All are part of the problem.

These people are not virologists nor epidemiologists. They are not experts in any field of medicine or Public Health.

Instead they want to round people up and as David puts it, "inject them with a dull needle".

Reader Beware.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Auto accidents in the United States have about a 0.5% fatality rate. Most people will make a considerable effort to avoid being in one in spite of those odds.

And fatality rates hide a lot of the misery. A covid-related hospital stay can be very expensive. And some fairly large percentage (depending on who you ask, between 5 and 30 percent) of people who have covid appear to develop long-term health problems, from sensory and neurological disorders to heart and lung problems. None of them sound like much fun, and often they are disabling enough that the victim is unable to work or even function like a normal person.

So it seems to me a wise person would avoid getting covid.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Fun CH wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:44 am David, The CDC reports that break through cases with those who have had Covid 19 are "very rare". I'm guessing that the CDC has looked at the data to reach this conclusion.

That same statement "very rare" is not being used to describe break through cases among the vaccinated. That seems to point to better protection after having acquired natural immunity, but hey I'm not an expert virologist and neither are you.

No, I am not an expert virologist. But I do have a good understanding of statistics and can see when someone is reasoning about a population from a very small subset of that population that doesn't appear to be a representative subset. I suspect good peer review would catch a lot of those mistakes, but since nearly all of these papers are preprints the peer review process hasn't yet started.

My guess is that the CDC is saying different things about the population of unvaccinated people and the population of previously infected people because (1) we are paying more attention to breakthrough infections amongst vaccinated people, and (2) because of inadequate and inconsistent testing and asymptomatic cases, we don't have a really good idea of what the population of previously infected people exactly is. Certainly there isn't any good way with our existing tests to determine if someone who is testing positive for COVID today was previously infected with COVID.

To emphasize. I am not saying that you do not get better immunity from a previous COVID infection than from a vaccination. I am saying that there is insufficient data to make that distinction, and that what data we have has systematic flaws and is showing inconsistent and confusing results.