Dems are crying

just-jim

Re: Dems are crying

Post by just-jim »

Contrast this imbecile - who can’t string together 2 complete, coherent, sentences on the same topic….
With a guy who gave a rousing 60+ minute speech and hardly missed a beat.

Sad.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

This is Vern and Ken's guy to run the country... He speaks the language they like to hear...
trump_war.jpg
Context
This genuine quote came from Trump's remarks during an interview on the Fox Business TV show, "Varney & Co," in March 2022.
pasayten
Ray Peterson
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

ruples.jpg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Post by PAL »

In one state(it was late and it was as I was going to bed, so didn't pay attention to which but can be found, I'm sure) that 79% of Republicans polled said they were going to write in Nikki. People seem to forget the write in option. The key is to keep votes away from Trump.
Between Biden and Trump however, I won't do a write in.
And here's what gripes me. Sixteen states participated in Super Tues. and the nominees were determined. What about the rest of us? Wondering if states should do their primaries on the same day.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Seems to me that "none of the above" or "no labels" or any imaginable third party run is a surefire formula to end democracy by electing a president for life. Sometimes the choices are ugly and few.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken, reporting in AP and other outlets last year was that the Deutesche bank testified in its own defense, they did not defend Trump's accounting practices.
From AP: '“I think we expect clients-provided information to be accurate. At the same time, it’s not an industry standard that these statements be audited. They’re largely reliant on the use of estimates,” Williams said, so bankers routinely “make some adjustments.”

At times, the bank pegged Trump’s wealth at several billion dollars lower than he did, according to documents and testimony. In 2019, for example, Trump’s financial statement listed his net worth at $5.8 billion, which the bank adjusted down to $2.5 billion.'
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

For the upcoming Presidential Election, we will need a voting option for "None Of The Above"... :roll: :roll: :roll:
pasayten
Ray Peterson
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

trump_working.jpg
Don't forget... also skipped out of the military... :lol: :lol: :lol:
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

That’s funny AP, New York Times and others say otherwise. I’m sure you know WAY more!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

No Ken, the lenders didn't testify in court for the defense. Instead, they testified they were misled.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

The bank argued FOR Trump and his organization and said they’d love to do more business with him! You should really know something about the case and what arguments were made.

So I can tell the county the value I want my property to be taxed on and they’ll use that? Sweet! Do you guys really consider this nonsense before you actually say it out loud?

The state got a ton of great business and taxes from all the business activities these loans funded! That’s the huge point, if you can go after any business person looking to invest and conduct business you’ll never have anyone take the risk or do you admit this is just to get one person (Trump) and nobody else has to worry like Hochul said?
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

The aggrieved parties are also the shareholders in the bank. For two reasons. One is that the money loaned to Trump on bogus terms could have been lent to a more creditworthy lender at a higher rate. So Trump picked the pockets of the widows and orphans and people like you who own shares in the bank. As a bonus the widows and orphans also took a hit in the stock price because having a portfolio of loans to a notorious deadbeat like Donald Trump would have a negative but measurable impact on the share price.

Also, because Trump got these loans on bogus terms, that means that other deserving and creditworthy folks did not get a loan.

On the other side of it, the games the Trump Org played with valuations also let them evade property taxes. So other taxpayers had to make up the difference.

These are the reasons bank fraud is illegal.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Musk made a quick trip down to Mar a Lago over the weekend. Perhaps the crazed 2nd richest man decided to loan Trump the $ to post a bond?
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

The aggrieved party are the people of New York; their laws were broken.

That’s exactly what - by law - agencies and courts with oversight responsibilities do; they make sure businesses- including ones run by crooks - comply with the law. (like the mafia)
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

When there is no aggrieved party? All contracts and commitments were payed. You guys put crazy thick blinders on to ignore political persecution (and ignore corruption from your team)! Remember your meme goes both ways.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Riiiiggght….

No corporation ever was brought up on charges in front of a judge.
Or fined.
Or investigated for wrong doing by a Federal or State agency.

Nope…never.

IMG_1583.jpeg
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Really?! Show another case with zero complaints of fraud or harm that through only one (completely partisan) judge applied a ridiculous ‘penalty’ because he didn’t like the background valuations given. Again I ask, who gets the award? Does the $450M go to the banks? Does it go to the state coffers? You are gleefully throwing away our country and systems just to get your orange monster that you know your fellow countrymen might actually re-elect. Pretty disgusting.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Oh and on Thursday The Donald has to pay up $80+MM or they can start seizing his assets and selling them off. He doesn't have $80+MM in a piggy bank to pay them so he is kind of screwed.

I'd prefer some well-deserved prison time, but he seems to be well on his way to evading that. Taking his money away is a decent consolation prize.

If you think that is some kind of unfair totalitarian thing, remember that he did have fair and open trials and was bluntly, treated far more generously by the courts than they would have treated the likes of us.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Republicans of the previous era before trump for their vision of the country and democracy have also been crying... :cry: :cry: :cry:
pasayten
Ray Peterson
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

March 25th is coming soon.
PAL

Post by PAL »

I see where there would be problems keeping him off some states and on others as much as I may not like it, that he is allowed on the primary ballots. It would be very difficult and really not fair( I can't believe I am saying this) to the voters to not have a choice. I haven't read the details yet, but did the 14th Amendment come into play?
The Immunity trial however, is going to be quite interesting.
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Dems are crying

Post by Jingles »

Seems the dems in at least 3 states and more than likely more are crying over the Supreme Court 9 - 0 that states CAN NOT keep Trump off the ballot
Sorry if you need some crying rags