Laughing stock of the world

just-jim

Re: Laughing stock of the world

Post by just-jim »

Yep, the US economy is in the toilet with Biden:

According to research from Deutsche Bank, the S&P 500 has now risen for 16 of the last 18 weeks for the first time since 1971.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

dorankj wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:52 am It’s what’s going on now! The levers of government and power are being used to remove your opposition, double standards in law are rampant and forcing acceptance of the ruling party and what it wants is shoved down your throat through government, media, academia....
Please read the damned book!

As far as anyone can tell, in 1984 Ingsoc had no opposition. Winston and Julia never talked to or met any flesh and blood member of the opposition, only the Thought Police. And in some parts of the book Winston wondered whether Emmanuel Goldstein even existed or was just a chimera of the Ministry of Truth.

And there weren't exactly "double standards" as far as I can tell. Everyone was treated the same: if you were even suspected of a crime against the state, you were going to die horribly.

Also, what could be more Republican in 2024 than the Party slogan "Ignorance is Strength"?

This guy says it better than I ever could:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... story.html
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

As usual….more trumpy ‘happy-talk’ and faux nooz fantasy from ‘No Source Ken’…..

ENERGY Independence? Trump deserves almost no credit for this…it started before his term. And it has improved under Biden.

A. From wikipedia: “In May 2011, the country became a net exporter of refined petroleum products.[2] By 2014, the United States was the world's third largest producer of crude oil, after Saudi Arabia and Russia,[3] and second-largest exporter of refined products, after Russia.[4] In October 2019, the United States first became a net exporter of all oil products, including both refined petroleum products and crude oil”. Sources: Energy Information Agency and the CIA.

B. By the time President Trump took office in 2017, U.S. net energy imports had fallen 75% from the 2005 level. In 2019, net energy imports turned negative, meaning the U.S. had become energy independent. So, while it is technically correct to say that the U.S. became energy independent while President Trump was in office, the reason was the shale boom that had begun in earnest in 2005. Net U.S. exports grew from 0.61 quadrillion British thermal unit (Btus) — or “quads” — in 2019 to 3.48 quads in 2020. In 2021, President Biden’s first year in office, net exports increased slightly more to 3.62 quads. In April, 2023, the EIA released data showing energy production and consumption numbers for all of 2022. In 2022, U.S. net energy exports grew to 5.94 quads, which is the highest number on record. Total U.S. energy production was also the highest on record. Overall, the U.S. produced 2.5% more energy in 2022 than we consumed. Source: Forbes 5/2/23

C. The United States is producing about 13.2 million barrels of crude oil per day. That is millions of gallons more than is coming out of Saudi Arabia or Russia. It is more oil than was being produced even at its peak during the pro-fossil-fuels administration of former president Donald Trump, when production was 13 million barrels a day in November 2019.
Source: Washington Post 12/31/23
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

It’s what’s going on now! The levers of government and power are being used to remove your opposition, double standards in law are rampant and forcing acceptance of the ruling party and what it wants is shoved down your throat through government, media, academia.

Now about your Orange monster, he never went after Killary in spite of the rhetoric, there were no “death squads” (gaslighting) and he left office (Dictatorship?) We had secure borders, energy independence, low inflation/prices and world management far superior (wars ending, enemies scared)

Obiden can barely walk or talk and must be led around, told what to say and kept hidden. As Obummer said “never underestimate Joe’s ability to f*** sh** up”!
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Yeah, and when the right-wing death squads come, they will come for all of us who are prominent contributors on this board. Most likely including Ken and Vern.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

There are free online copies of 1984. I recommend that all of us read or re-read it.

https://www.planetebook.com/free-ebooks/1984.pdf
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

1984 - if you’d actually read it - is about a future ruled by someone EXACTLY like your pal, Guilty donnie.
If you understood what democracy was really about, you wouldn’t be using that analogy.

Just ONE, Ken! ONE…..is that too much to ask?
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

There’s our fascists and Marxists fulfilling 1984. With a huge dollop of gaslighting!
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

dorankj wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:53 am You guys reek desperation (much of it from your talking heads propagandists) from your pores as your lawfare attempts to prevent democracy slip away! Willful ignorance and hypocrisy is so disgusting.
“lawfare”? You must be taking elocution lessons from pee pants, hisself!

There is no hypocrisy - Guilty donnie has dementia, Biden does not.
Pee-pants is a twice guilty jerk with 90+ criminal charges. Biden has none.
But, JUST ONE SOURCE, Ken, Otherwise….shut up.
PAL

Post by PAL »

It's so disgusting you keep making remarks on this BB. Ken, have you watched any of Trump's recent speeches?
Quite confusing, jumping around. These are not fake speeches. And indeed Democracy will slip away, when listening to the plans he has and the CPAC speakers saying that they couldn't quite end democracy but they will the next time around.
Last edited by PAL on Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

You guys reek desperation (much of it from your talking heads propagandists) from your pores as your lawfare attempts to prevent democracy slip away! Willful ignorance and hypocrisy is so disgusting.
PAL

Post by PAL »

I don't know. Could he be doing it on purpose? He has always interrupted himself, but it is getting worse, stopping in mid sentence and going off on a tangent. But hey, he is relating to the "common" people.
If it can get really bad, perhaps he can't run or people realize he is unfit.
Pearl Cherrington
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Real Therapists are starting to take note of donnie’s mental failings…..

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/01/like-s ... g-dementia

“ This weekend, Trump showed more evidence of his accelerating dementia. Trump named the wrong month for the primary, said that Putin would rather see Biden as president and he agreed with him, and that he made Israel the capital of Israel. But most important are the fundamental breakdowns in his ability to use language. Once you become aware of a symptom, you start to notice it, whereas before you might have overlooked it.

Trump manifested a number of phonemic paraphasias. He was trying to say evangelist, for example, but haltingly said "evangelish.” He was trying to say “three years later," but said, “three years, lady, lady, lady.” Trying to spit out the word “lately,” he sounded like a car with a bad battery struggling to turn over. When Trump can't find a word his whole demeanor changes. It’s almost like someone pulled the metaphorical plug. Trump looks blank, stops in mid-sentence (or mid-word), his jaw goes a little slack, and when he starts to talk again, he slurs, speaks haltingly, and often looks confused. Trying to get the word out, he shifts to a non-word that is easier to pronounce. When people are losing their ability to use language they use non-words. They start with the stem of the real word, and then they improvise from there.”

“ I asked several highly specialized experts about Trump's use of language, and they told me that what Trump is doing in total, but especially the phonemic paraphasias, were almost certain evidence of brain damage. This is not minor, or within normal limits, like forgetting who the president of Germany is, for example, as Biden has been pilloried for. Trump is evidencing formal thought disorder, where his basic ability to use language is breaking down.

Trump is also showing signs of "semantic aphasia" where he is using words in the wrong way. For example, when Trump talked about "the oranges of the investigation." We saw an example of that this weekend, as well. Trump said, “We’re going to protect pro-God….” In mid-sentence, he goes blank and looks at the ceiling. The words he uses to complete the sentence don’t really make sense: “…context and content.”

“ Trump can’t even name the current president of the United States. Seven times he’s said he’s running against Obama. That’s not a gaffe or joke. That’s hard clinical evidence of serious organic brain damage.”

I have a Psychology/Therapist friend who gives donnie 2 years - tops - before he will need serious help doing routine daily tasks.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

And on a serious note where Hunter Biden testified this week in front of Congress:

Actual transcript of Congressman Eric Swalwell questioning Hunter Biden during the Republican impeachment inquiry:
SWALWELL: Any time your father was in government, prior to the Presidency or before, did he ever operate a hotel?
BIDEN: No, he has never operated a hotel.
SWALWELL: So he's never operated a hotel where foreign nationals spent millions at that hotel while he was in office?
BIDEN: No, he has not.
SWALWELL: Did your father ever employ in the Oval Office any direct family member to also work in the Oval Office?
BIDEN: My father has never employed any direct family members, to my knowledge.
SWALWELL: While your father was President, did anyone in the family receive 41 trademarks from China?
BIDEN: NO.
SWALWELL: As President and the leader of the party, has your father ever tried to install as the chairperson of the party a daughter-in-law or anyone else in the family?
BIDEN: No. And I don't think that anyone in my family would be crazy enough to want to be the chairperson of the DNC.
SWALWELL: Has your father ever in his time as an adult been fined $355 million by any State that he worked in?
BIDEN: No, he has not, thank God.
SWALWELL: Anyone in your family ever strike a multibillion dollar deal with the Saudi Government while your father was in office?
BIDEN: No.
SWALWELL: That's all I've got.
In a rational world, in a rational nation run by rational people elected by a rational population, this would be the end of it.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Oh, and...
trump.jpg
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Rideback wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:22 pm Languages are apparently our new enemy on the southern border
https://crooksandliars.com/2024/02/very ... mp-mumbles
So with Joe Biden we have an older man with a lifelong speech impediment.

With Donald Trump we have someone who was much more articulate and used bigger words and longer sentences when he was younger. Now he regularly substitutes the wrong word (but nearly always a similar-sounding word) and is confused about specific names of people (confusing Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi, for example). Both of those are signs of serious cognitive impairment.

One of the classic questions they ask you at the ER to tell if you are disoriented is "who is the President?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEP3z5xStE4

Oh, and forgetting about WWII is also a biggie.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Guess who’s coming to visit pee-pants donnie at Mal A Lardo next week? Everyone’s favorite dictator Victor Orbán!

Yep, guilty donnie never misses a chance to get lick some fascists butt….

https://apnews.com/article/orban-trump- ... 2be94cbe27
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Languages are apparently our new enemy on the southern border
https://crooksandliars.com/2024/02/very ... mp-mumbles
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Laughing stock? Here is laughing stock for you….

Most US folks who don’t travel outside this country (can’t count Canada and Mexico) don’t realize;
a) how much disdain Guilty donnie is held elsewhere, and
b) just how far US prestige has fallen because of trump (and to a lesser extent Geo Bush before donnie).

Some examples:

In 2008 in the days right after Obama was elected, I was in the UK. There, I had:
a) a complete stranger thank me at a bus stop after hearing my accent; “Thank You, Thank You!” he said pumping my hand up and down enthusiastically. And,
b) I was in a small shop run by a South Asian/Indian (not sure – I think he was Hindi)…he came around the counter and hugged me “Thank You – America has finally done the right thing!”. He had tears in his eyes.
————
Forward to 2019, when I was in the UK again, I had quite a few people ask me, repeatedly – after they’d heard my accent - “Are you Canadian?”. I thought this was a VERY odd question, since there are FAR more American tourists and residents than there are Canadians in the UK. After this happened on 4 or 5 occasions, I asked one of my UK friends, “why would strangers ask if I am Canadian?” He sheepishly replied “well…if you WERE Canadian, then they wouldn’t want to insult you by assuming you are an American. A lot of people are not crazy about Americans right now. So they kindly assume you are Canadian, even if they suspect you are not”.

Yep…America’s reputation in the world has fallen THAT far! People now have to pretend we are Canadian to like us!.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

So you do understand that one Country's comedy channel does not equate to anything close to a laughing stock of the world, right? It's comedy, lighten up.
Jingles

Laughing stock of the world

Post by Jingles »

Guess this administration Is the laughing stock of the world.

https://rumble.com/v4ft029-italian-tv-h ... ginoReport