AI/Israel

mister_coffee

Re: AI/Israel

Post by mister_coffee »

I am all for an open and unbiased investigation into all war crimes committed during the course of the current Gaza conflict. I am also 100% for holding all of those who did commit war crimes accountable.

At the same time, it would be a good idea to go back over the existing Law of War and International Humanitarian Law and clarify the rights and responsibilities of both non-combatants and combatants. Because I suspect under the existing regime a lot of very bad people are going to squeak by on technicalities.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

A bit off topic here but the US will veto the cease-fire before the UN now. Rafah is going to be attacked and all those people are going to go where?
A slaugter right before our eyes. But, there are protests happening in Israel for Neti to step down. More and more are not liking him one bit.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I continue to think that autonomous killer drones should be keeping us all awake at night...
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

PAL wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:40 am Wasn't pointing out the AI as much as the audacity of what it is called.
Although militaries are also historically bad at choosing politically clueless names as well...
PAL

Post by PAL »

Wasn't pointing out the AI as much as the audacity of what it is called.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Pretty much every military in the world is at least tinkering with AI out of necessity.

I think what the Chinese are doing with AI, to make a high-efficiency surveillance state with basically no opportunity for human discretion, are much more frightening.

The Ukrainians are tinkering with autonomous killer robots. Watch that space...
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

:D :lol:
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

AI/Israel

Post by PAL »

Did you know that Israel is using AI for their war machine and it is called The Gospel.
Pearl Cherrington