Biden announces New vaccine mandates

PAL

Re: Biden announces New vaccine mandates

Post by PAL »

And this from Inslee:
In a news conference where he was joined by state Department of Health Secretary Dr. Umair Shah, Inslee said the continuing surge is driven in no small part by residents who won’t get a COVID-19 vaccine.
“The fact is, when you make a decision to not be vaccinated, it is not just about your health, it is about the health of everyone around you,” said Inslee. “So we need more people to think a little less about ‘me’ and a little more about ‘we.'”

The governor recounted the grim statistics that are largely impacting Washington’s unvaccinated.
The daily coronavirus statistics being released Thursday included more than 4,200 new cases, Inslee said, and 252 newly hospitalized state residents who have the virus. Meanwhile, the state reported 59 more deaths.

I think this is what David was trying to convey and yes, he got heated and ticked off. As I have said the vaccinated have been very patient in all this. I could ask, well, what about my rights? The unvaxxed only cry about their rights.
Pearl
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Re: Biden announces New vaccine mandates

Post by Fun CH »

WP reporting;

,"Several Republican governors immediately threatened to wage legal challenges to the requirements, with Gov. Henry McMaster (R-S.C.) vowing to fight Biden to the “gates of hell.” Asked about the GOP countereffort, Biden said Friday, “Have at it.”

"One of the lessons I hope our students can unlearn is that politics doesn’t have to be this,” he said. “Politics doesn’t have to be this way. They’re grown up in an environment where they see it’s like a like a war, like a bitter feud.”

“It’s not how we are,” Biden added. “It’s not who we are as a nation. It’s not how we beat every other crisis in our history. We’ve got to come together.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... e-updates/
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
Fun CH

Biden announces New vaccine mandates

Post by Fun CH »

Note, this is not a round up of the unvaccinated. Those who are affected by this new mandate (employees working at businesses with 100+ workers) also have a choice, vaccine or get tested weekly.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-bu ... 46a6fb89be

.."there were strong words of praise for Biden’s efforts to get the nation vaccinated from the American Medical Association, the National Association of Manufacturers and the Business Roundtable — though no direct mention of his mandate for private companies.

The expansive rules mandate that all employers with more than 100 workers require them to be vaccinated or test for the virus weekly, affecting about 80 million Americans. And the roughly 17 million workers at health facilities that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid also will have to be fully vaccinated.

Biden is also requiring vaccination for employees of the executive branch and contractors who do business with the federal government — with no option to test out. That covers several million more workers.

Biden announced the new requirements in a Thursday afternoon address from the White House as part of a new “action plan” to address the latest rise in coronavirus cases and the stagnating pace of COVID-19 shots"
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King