The 7 DUMBEST trump Statements...

mister_coffee

Re: The 7 DUMBEST trump Statements...

Post by mister_coffee »

Color me surprised that the policy interventions that Biden has done, particularly on the economy, have worked as well as they have. Basically I saw them as 1940s or 1950s solutions applied to a 2020s economy.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

Right and that is what mainstream media neglects is to point these things out with helping with child poverty. I mean they could use it as one of their feel good stories, and maybe they have a few times.
I do tune in to other newscasts other than the "mainstream". Different perspectives.
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

I've found it's easy to fall into the 'headlines trap' where the punditry loves to capture our attention with headlines screaming about a collapsing economy. But just like the body of the articles that follow those misleading headlines, the reality is much different than the headlines ask us to be gullible enough to believe.

Yes, the pandemic upset the apple cart of the American economy, it also upset the entire global economy. The US has fared better than the rest of the economies but we're still entertwined with them. Looking at poverty in the US, take a look at the inroads the Biden economy with his policies have made to lift people out of poverty. Poverty is a stain on every nation, but Biden's policies have lifted more children out of poverty, opened doors for better health care, started apprenticeship programs, but you wouldn't know that unless you did some digging to find those and more.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... s-working/
PAL

Post by PAL »

Yes, good points. Economy is doing better. But for which segment? Those in poverty don't think so, even though wages have risen, but cost of living has too. But that is going down too. Think about it "the cost of living". It costs to live on the planet, of course it does. At what cost?
Energy exchanges of helping each other, doesn't have to be cash. A world that went away long ago, however.
Huh? Quite a digression.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Yeah, but...

With the economy doing as well as it is doing, if that trend continues Biden and the D's are going to be tough to beat. Even if you throw out all of the other factors (felony convictions, abortion, &c) just running on low unemployment, low inflation, high economic growth should be good for something.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

Rideback, it was stated that the Biden camp had said that the nomination for the GOP was all but locked up. Biden wants a run at Trump.
If Trump gets the nomination and people don't want to vote for him or Biden, they could really wake up and write Nikki in. If Trump gets the nomination and wins, this country will go down the tubes.
Despite Trump's baggage people will vote for him. Hopefully not enough. The young people are certainly turned off by both candidtates.
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Trump's stupid statements and the disinformation he traffics in are worrying enough as he's constantly telling us what kind of revenge he plans on implementing. But for me, words are one thing but when you look at his actions and the results of his actions they are what is powerful.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Im inclined to view Nikki Haley as Pearl does. I doubt I would agree with her on very many points.
But, she doesn’t appear to lack either brains, integrity or a spine ….and isnt a completely fascist, crass gas-bag like her Republican opponent.

Nor is she 112 yrs old, which is what appears to be what we are going to end up with……
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

PAL, Biden is not calling for Haley to step aside but for political reasons having to run against Trump with all his baggage is to Biden's advantage.

Ray, I doubt Biden has anywhere near the number of gaffs that we can all see in one day with Trump. Trump is in a class all by himself.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

I do hope people will wake up and demand better.
YES!!!!
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Post by PAL »

I saw an interview with Nikky Haley. She was spot on, on alot of subjects. She is smart. She is not old. She is concentrating on what the American people want, not doing name calling and the usual Trump BS. She does support alot of his policies, but doesn't sound like she supports him.
I don't particularly like her and some of her policies with regards to abortion.
If the American people can get past a woman being president, then she might even have a chance.
And really, shame on the Biden and Trump camps calling for her to step aside after only 2 states had primaries. Talk about denying the voters.
These 2 old farts want to go at it again, with their egos, and not thinking about what is good for the US.
I do hope people will wake up and demand better.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

The 7 DUMBEST trump Statements...

Post by pasayten »

These are a riot! I know we can find the same from Biden...
Why will we be left with only these two old farts to vote for??? Good grief... :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv9sH5ptgRA
pasayten
Ray Peterson