Batteries with USB charging ports

mister_coffee

Re: Batteries with USB charging ports

Post by mister_coffee »

Yes, expensive. But not much more expensive than a 4-pack of AA lithium non-rechargeable batteries (which are running about $20). In a lot of applications the shorter battery life isn't a big deal (e.g. LED headlamps that you probably only need to recharge once a month or so).

I'm probably going to switch the truck flashlights over to these batteries and carry a charger cable in the rig as well. These batteries are working well in the D-cell maglite.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
pasayten

Re: Batteries with USB charging ports

Post by pasayten »

New model with only cosmetic change... Expensive, but I have the regular versions and they work very well...

https://paleblueearth.com/products/vivid-geo-aa-usb-c
pasayten
Ray Peterson
mister_coffee

Batteries with USB charging ports

Post by mister_coffee »

I've noticed recently that batteries with USB-C charging ports have become available. You can buy AAA, AA, C, and D batteries and I think 9-volt batteries are available. These work and charge at an amazingly rapid rate.

You can look for the "paleblue" brand on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/paleblue/ ... f_=ast_bln

Individual sets of 4 AA rechargeable batteries with a cable and case run about $30.

As the existing batteries wear out, I'm replacing most of my battery-using things (mostly flashlights and headlamps, of which I have too many) with these things. I have one Tekna 2 lite from 1980 that I am upgrading with an LED bulb and 4 AA rechargeable batteries, and a big beefy 3-D Cell Maglite that I also upgraded
:arrow: David Bonn :idea: