Gate closures

Jingles

Re: Gate closures

Post by Jingles »

I apologize for the delayed saying Thank You for the info on gate closures, fortunately so far a couple of the roads I wondered about are still open.and traveling on daily,
Jingles
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Thought of another one that is possibly closed - Lightning Creek system, off of 4225. Again, I’d check…..
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

The only ones I can think of are:
- the x-c ski trails on the east side of 41, these are short roads that connect to DNR for the first 4 or 5 miles as you go south along the 41 road
- the polepick road system from 41 back down to Hwy 20. Again - ski trails.
- the only one I’m sure of off of 42 and 4225 is Bear Mtn. That is to keep folks off the ski trails at Loup Loup.

I think there MAY be some others, but I’m not remembering them. They would be for winter wildlife closures, if there are any.

Best bet is to get a ‘Travel Plan’ map - or whatever it is called nowdays - at the FS.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Kind of depends on which specific road.

Most of those roads are open for snowmobiling (accessed from the S Summit Sno Park) so I doubt they would be gated.

When you get over the long top of the Benson Creek Road you go through a long section where there is right-of-way through a lot of private land, mostly owned by Gebbers & Co. They are notorious for gating off public roads and have made a mess of things in the nearby Chiliwist because of it.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Jingles

Gate closures

Post by Jingles »

Full of questions today, this one is for anyone that knows.
Are any of the gates on FS land along Benson Creek or FS roads 41(south summit) 42 (north summit) 4225 (Upper beaver creek) Closed in the winter?
Yea I know the first gate on 41 is approximately 9 miles back but to get away from people that mess with my traps, I am trying to prevent a repeat of 2 yrs ago as It would not be good for anyone involved, because at 75 I have lost my tolerance for stupid inconsiderate people and already know the Judical system does not work!!!