Third doses

mister_coffee

Re: Is this the covidian cult line?

Post by mister_coffee »

Italian_Helicoptor wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:02 am So how many of you are going to be dumb enough to keep getting these gene modifying vaccines? ...
These vaccines don't modify your genes. You must be thinking of some other vaccine that does not exist.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
pasayten

Re: Third doses

Post by pasayten »

I trust the science and will be getting my booster tomorrow... Then also plan to get a flu shot... Easy peasy... What's your plan Italy?
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Italian_Helicoptor

Is this the covidian cult line?

Post by Italian_Helicoptor »

So how many of you are going to be dumb enough to keep getting these gene modifying vaccines? So what happens when they say ok its booster 4 or your back in the pond.

Cheers your newest Anti Vaxer and Biden Hater in town.
B...BIGGEST
I....IDIOT
D...DEMOCRATS
E...EVER
N...NOMINATED
BIDEN=> Biggest Idiot Democrats Ever Nominated
Not drinking your Kool aid!!
Not Vacinated, Never Will Be!!
My carbon footprint, is bigger then YOURS!!
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

We are registered to get a Pfizer booster at Aero Methow in the next week or so... Thankful for the opportunity for the local no hassle service... :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Re: Tohird doses

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:29 pm As an update on third doses.

My understanding right now is that Moderna will not be cleared for a third dose this month. It might come later, though. Pfizer is a little bit ahead on their paperwork so if you got Pfizer jabs you might be able to get a third one starting in October.
Booster shots of the Pfizer vaccine are available NOW at the Rite Aid Pharmacy in Omak. Available to 65 and older or people who need it because of other medical reasons.

So if you had the Pfizer vaccine for the first two doses the booster shot is available NOW. Rite Aid says that they require an appointment but I got mine as a walk in early today.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

As an update on third doses.

My understanding right now is that Moderna will not be cleared for a third dose this month. It might come later, though. Pfizer is a little bit ahead on their paperwork so if you got Pfizer jabs you might be able to get a third one starting in October.

This is important because I suspect a lot of people here in the valley got their vaccinations in the big events at the school in February, March, and April. I think most of those were done by Family Health Centers and were with Moderna injections.

Mixing vaccines (e.g. getting a Pfizer booster if you got Moderna originally) is not approved.

This whole situation is dynamic and confusing and my advice is to check in with your doctor in a few weeks and get clarification on what is going on.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I disagree with this vaccination drive being something new.

Live polio virus vaccine was mandatory for school kids in the 1950s and 1960s. And it was known to be far more dangerous than any of the COVID vaccines are. In earlier times we had mandatory smallpox vaccinations: some to the point where police rounded people up and they were strapped down and jabbed. And the smallpox vaccine of that time killed around 0.1% of the people vaccinated.

Even today, if someone is infected with tuberculosis they can be indefinitely detained until they are no longer infectious and they can be forced to take the arduous treatment regimen (a run of harsh antibiotics that can last up to two years). That happens all the time.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

The mRNA vaccines have been studied for years, with human trials going back at least to 2018. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines began their Phase I trials in April of 2020. There has also been unprecedented transparency about the safety and efficacy of those vaccines. If they were killing or injuring people in large numbers we'd know about it. All evidence points to them being extraordinarily safe and effective. Some sources even describe them as being as safe as aspirin.

Merck, the Big Pharma corporation that makes and sells ivermectin, is telling people not to take it to treat COVID. At the same time, Moderna is beginning trials of an mRNA vaccine for HIV. What that tells me is that Moderna is confident that its product is safe and effective, while Merck is confident that their product is not. And they are both in a position to know.

On a more local scale, we all know how bad news travels in the valley. A few thousand people here have been vaccinated and there hasn't been a single report of anyone dying or even getting very sick from a vaccination. I volunteered at several of the vaccination events here and never saw anybody hauled away in an ambulance.

Your risk of dying, being permanently disabled, or becoming severely ill is literally hundreds of times higher if you are not vaccinated than if you are. Please just do the math.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

I am a healthy 74 y/o and glad I am fully Pfizer vaccinated... Saved me from getting Covid recently at a highly infectuous staff meeting where multiple attendees got Covid. Only 2 folks did not get sick... I was one of them. I will be seeking the booster when it becomes available. I will also get my flu shot this year. :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Of course I’m not stating what you should do, if you are over 65, obese and have any co-morbidities I recommend the vaccine option as a likely much better choice. I’m 48, pretty healthy and quite slim, all my firefighter buddies with similar situations to me (who have gotten this) have done quite well. I know that’s not scientific proof, but it matters to me, also we have had very serious patients whose only pertinent history was recent vaccine, that’s just a fact. I only request more time and more data.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Thank you for explaining. So you really do think that natural immunity is working better? But that would mean I would have to get the virus, wouldn't it or are you referring to my own strong immune system? Do you have a site where I can find out more about that? I mean, I think the Israel study said something about that, but it was a small number of people in the study.
Anyone else have data to support that? Of course, this virus and it's mutations have only been around for a year. Maybe not long enough to know.
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

What is being attempted, I believe for the first time is forcing only a segment of the population to inject something that doesn’t have full testing, efficacy and known risks as a condition of employment. Further, if PPE is effective in stopping transmission as we’ve been told incessantly, then allowing that until full testing, efficacy and risk factors are known. I catagorically assure you that there are issues for some people with the ‘vaccine’. I don’t know yet how concerning or widespread those issues are but knowing that natural immunity is showing to prove superior now and going forward, I personally would prefer that option until I can be assured that the issues with the super rapid ‘vaccine’ are only antidotal. Further, I honor every individual’s right to choose the risk they are willing to accept in really all aspects of life, I prefer they accept the consequences for those risks. However, I have an entire career based almost entirely on poor choices people have made and the inevitable consequences of those choices! I’m pretty sure I’m capable of risk analysis for myself, IMHO.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Ken, can you be more specific when you state, "especially in light of what is being attempted now". I do want to know, not to argue, but to know what is "being attempted".
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I am very confident that 2+2=4. That doesn't make me a fool.

Also, wrt abortion and bodily autonomy, if pregnancy were a communicable disease then the rules would be very different. So the comparison is invalid and bluntly only makes sense if you refuse to think about it very much.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Well PAL, I do understand the meaning of words and try to use them pretty specifically. I would consider myself a ‘classic liberal’ a la Adam Smith “Wealth of Nations”. I do not care for the positions of recent self described ‘liberals’ (now ‘progressives’) because there is really nothing liberal about their positions. I believe they ‘adopted’ the label after the early 20th century progressives fell so out of favor due to their extreme positions, largely rejected by most society. I also strongly disagree with the practice of abortion but it’s used to demand body autonomy for women (so the baby can be killed) and such hypocrisy is rather stark, especially in light of what is being attempted now!
PAL

Post by PAL »

Ok, I like the "intelligence has doubts." Of course, to intelligently weigh the subject. But something original would be nice and add to the discussion. Which, Ken, you certainly did on another post on here. But too often people try to compare things that shouldn't be or really can't fairly be compared. And look up the definitions of words, words like liberal, before you go throwing it out. You think it pushes buttons.
Look it up Ken. Or another button word, "abortion". Watch out.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:51 pm Oh Ken, how profound. Say something meaningful. Geez.
[

except that he is correct. Just in terms of something that I'm familiar with, the winter time Mountain environment,
over confidence is one of the many human factors that needs to considered when assessing risk.

Uncertainty is your friend.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Oh Ken, how profound. Say something meaningful. Geez.
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

The saying for these times that I think best sums this up, ‘Stupid is full of confidence and intelligence has doubts’! Think about it (unless you’re confident)
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Based on experience in Great Britain and Israel, the good news is that delta is probably going to burn out pretty quickly. The bad news is that the reason it is going to burn out is that nearly everyone who wasn't vaccinated or previously infected is likely to be infected with delta. Since we are pretty thinly provisioned with health care resources at the best of times this is likely to be scary.

I agree with Alf's assessment that delta is busting through vaccination (and likely immunity of people who were previously infected) just by reproducing faster and producing a higher viral load.

My fear is not that we will have another lockdown or complete collapse, but rather that the kooky anti-vaxxers will likely be looking for someone to blame (other than themselves) for the delta wave. Chances are the narrative will be that vaccinated people caused delta by shedding virus or spike proteins. My understanding is that theory is already in circulation in the kookosphere. Given that so many of them seem to be okay with physically attacking people I wouldn't be surprised if they start attacking vaccinated people or locations where people are getting vaccinated.
PAL

Post by PAL »

How do you like these stats? Alf you are right. Does everyone continue on as if nothing is happening? Yes, go to the Fair, go to White's pig roast, car show is a maybe. Health care worker in Omak says he thinks there will be another lockdown. But maybe not, even with stats likes these. Who cares?
Pearl

New Cases: 87
Past 14 Days: 432
Total Positive: 3460
New Deaths: 1
Total Deaths: 41
Incidence Rate: 1002
Percent Vaccinated as of Aug 28th: 50.2%
Locations of New Cases for Aug 31st:
Brewster - 5
Conconully - 5
Coulee Dam - 1
Elmer City - 4
Loomis - 1
Malott - 1
Methow - 1
Okanogan - 11
Omak - 25
Oroville - 10
Pateros - 4
Tonasket - 10
Twisp - 4
Wauconda - 1
Winthrop - 3
Unidentified - 1
Pearl Cherrington
PAL

Post by PAL »

Day of the shot, it was like a shot of energy. Bouncing off the walls. Got projects done. Next day a bit punky, but went skiing both times anyway, then 3rd day any affects gone and more energy.
Now I know some people felt lousy after the shot, but people need to know, that it goes away. Positive state of mind helps too.
Pearl
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:33 pm Chris, when you say it made you feel younger and stronger for awhile, are you serious? It did me, both times. Maybe I was psyched up but it lasted about a week!
Pearl
yes, I'm serious. Felt like a sip from the fountain of youth.

Also, The day after both shots were big BC ski workout days...

Many covid long haulers also report feeling better after the vaccine.

Funny that people will trust taking horse wormer medication and not the vaccine.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Chris, when you say it made you feel younger and stronger for awhile, are you serious? It did me, both times. Maybe I was psyched up but it lasted about a week!
Pearl
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

I'm down for a third dose. That stuff makes me feel young and stronger for awhile. Although I'd like to get the Moderna vaccine as I read it has three times more of the active ingredient than the Pfizer vaccine.

It was kind of funny that they wanted me to wait in a room with other folks for a 15-minute observation period. I knew I would not react so I stepped outside to wait.

To me, waiting in a small room with a bunch of other folks during a pandemic is like hanging out in an avalanche path for no good reason (BTW, that's common commercial guide behavior).