Signs stolen

PAL

Re: Signs stolen

Post by PAL »

I was thinking the same thing today about different people working on a plan for the pool, not the FOTP. Wouldn't that burst their bubble. And you know what, we can. That might be considered viscious. I mean not burst their bubble, but form a group to create a seasonal, affordable pool.
Not some outlandish overpriced, selfish, yes I will say selfish dream.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

They are desperate and childish... Their campaign has lacked focus, integrity, and truthful information... After they are defeated, many in FOTP should not be involved in the future planning for a pool in the Methow Valley. The only one that I would work with would be Justin Porter. His heart and integrity are in the right place.
pasayten
Ray Peterson
spaceship

Post by spaceship »

Pro propers are still removing flyers and I’m still putting them back up ! Imagine what nefarious methods there capable of if this passes and the smoke screen thickens and is fanned into a full fledged firestorm of spending ?
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

You mean the FOP was asking people to remove opponents signs. Shameful. Ray, can you send me a copy of that email?

There are a few of their signs that are in the hwy 20 right of way but I still would not consider removing their signs.

Will they be using children as their political pawns at their rally on Monday?.

Let's take a quick look at a tangled web.

Telling voters that they will be "beholden" to the voters with an appointed board while trying to convince voters the board is elected.

Misleading voters about Metropolitan Park District debt limit on the voters pamphet.

On their Facebook ads using the racial slur "colored" to describe how pools are benefiting diversity. When pointed out to them they remove the racial slur without a public apology.

Using children under 14 years old in their political ads.

Taking donated money to the FOP and donating $15,200 to their political action committee (PAC) which has the effect of shielding any outside interest money from public scrutiny.

And they will be transparent? Don't think so.

Trying to put forth a new taxing district that takes money from the poor to fund a $20-$30 indoor 2 pool/spa while telling us how to the Mega indoor 2 pool/Spa is affordable recreation that benefits the low income families.

Telling their supporters that there is no plan for a $20 million pool when that was their plan on their website and the one summited to the Okanagan County Commissioners.

Then after changing their Political narrative, telling their supporters that opponents are the one's who are putting out a false narrative about their $20 million pool plan.

After saying they welcome comments on their face book, they remove comments and ban initial accounts from both Ray and I from posting.

Their proposed Metropolitan Park District is definitely not" for the children."

This is poor adult behavior trying hard to get their hands on an enormous amount of our money.

Who will they be paying a lot of money as "corporate officers" of their forever expanding money grab Metropolitan Park District that they call the Methow Aquatics Center?

And this folks is how you displace the poor from their homes and a community. Stake out your campsite homes now in the surrounding woods as the best spots will go fast. From there you will see remnants of the community that you helped build and hoped would survive.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
PAL

Post by PAL »

Right, even though they are not our signs, no one or FOP should take it upon themselves to remove them. If on private property illegally then I would think the owner of that property could take them down, no problem.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

The black and white signs are not mine and were put up by a guy in twin lakes... He put them in a lot of places w/o permission or considering if it was in a highway right of way. They should have only been removed by WADOT or private land owners if they were on their property. When I checked the WADOT removed sign pile at their Twisp facility, none of the "black and white" signs were there. Only school board candidate signs.

Some of the black and whites were most likely illegally removed by the FOTP after they sent out an email telling members "take down the illegal white Prop 1 signs at intersections if you so want to". Hope this did not carry over to our red signs. FOTP - Not cool.
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Sorry but I was not going to climb down into the bin at the transfer station yesterday to retrieve 2 of the black and white signs. Not sure how long they'd been there but very little other stuff on top of them, vehicle ahead of me was a Tonka toy sized black pickup.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:06 am In all fairness I think most reasonable people would consider shooting someone because they are stealing a sign (any sign) to be an excessive and inappropriate use of deadly force.

That probably even goes for shooting at someone.

I do not think that anyone on this board, and hopefully anyone in this community, would be so daft as to do such an idiotic thing.
no one has ever suggested that they would shoot someone for stealing a sign.

As you can read, Chris Behrens became "unhinged" in his pro prop 1 biased interpretation of Pete's OP.

Don in his MVN editorial has said it's happening on both sides but I haven't heard of anyone reporting stolen pro prop 1 signs to the sheriff's office. Has anyone?
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

In all fairness I think most reasonable people would consider shooting someone because they are stealing a sign (any sign) to be an excessive and inappropriate use of deadly force.

That probably even goes for shooting at someone.

I do not think that anyone on this board, and hopefully anyone in this community, would be so daft as to do such an idiotic thing.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

The post has been taken down, as I knew it would.

But before it was I copied the remaining post. He assumes it is kids doing the stealing.
It is on your heads if some kid is shot dead for nabbing a sign, or you believing that someone is up to no good, and because of all this bullshite you shoot and kill them.

This thread is irresponsible and I'm disappointed that it was not pulled at its inception.
Christopher Behrens

Post by Reapward » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:16 am
If you think it is kids, think again. Tresspassing on private property and stealing signs is thievery, even if people think it's just a sign.
Just call 911 if witnessing this. Do not take the law into your own hands.
If you want the post to be taken down, file a complaint or give Jeff a call.
Pearl Cherrington
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Here is the OP explaining that our signs have been stolen. Pete later posts to check those facts with the Sheriff's Office.

From current MethowNet drama.

"There has been a rash of trespassing and theft of personal property regarding owner placed red signs on private properties. The hwy. 20 corridor from 5 miles south of Twisp To Mazama has shown to be the most active area . Anyone having information or knowledge regarding this unlawful behavior is urged to contact the proper law enforcement entities. Be vigilant !
Do not approach these offenders as they appear to be desperate and may be armed and dangerous !
Peter Larsen"

This guy quoted below is trying to explain the reality. Remember stealing political signs is not a petty crime as one previous poster would want us to believe. It's a misdemeanor subject up to $1,000 fine and up to 90 days in jail. Plus it may involve trespassing which carries its own penalties.

"I know I'm armed, as are a lot of my neighbors. This is a rural place. I assume people are armed, especially if I don't know them. As far as dangerous goes, if someone is upset enough to trespass and take down signs they don't like, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are slightly unhinged and that very well may make them dangerous.
Ken Rogers"

Another post from Chris Behrens injecting political divisiveness into the thread and trying to blame the OP for any future gun violence.

Quote;

"Unhinged?

If someone stealing signs is considered unhinged, then I would have to believe that you are in agreement that the traitors that attacked our nation's capital AND law enforcement under former president Trump's direction are WELL BEYOND unhinged.

We won't even discuss the "unhinged" madness of Q'Anon.

I believe the original post was intended to be inflammatory - a lame and obvious excuse to justify an armed response to political sign theft.

It is on your heads if some kid is shot dead for nabbing a sign, or you believing that someone of any age is up to no good, and because of all this bullshite you shoot and kill them.

This thread is irresponsible and I'm disappointed that it was not pulled at its inception.
Last edited by ctbehrens on Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher Behrens"

Chris seems to be trying hard to get that thread removed. I guess the fact that pro prop 1 supporters are most likely stealing political signs against prop 1 bothers him.

Some of the recent arrivals to the valley really need to consider there was a culture here before they arrived. It may help to try to understand that culture.

That would be a sign of respect and its a way to earn respect in return.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Stolen signs being debated with OP being attacked by Chris Behrens at MethowNet BB. Another post asking for thread to be taken down.

I assume these are pro prop 1 Mega MAC people only because attacking and trying to stifle free speech seems to be their MO.,That's just a fact.

Yes, stealing political yard signs is not only a crime, but the Free Speech element of it has been involved in court cases.

I would also consider anyone sneaking around on my property late at night to be armed and dangerous.
Capture+_2023-10-16-16-58-48.png
Yes consider the source. Chris Behrens replied to me on That BB during a discussion on climate change.

Quote from Chris Behrens:

"So I guess there is no harm in you being an unproductive, denegrating asshole along the way.

Best

Chris

P.S. Yes, I know this will be deleted, and that I could have written it in a more positive and inclusive way, but from your high and mighty posts, I don't believe that is how you deserve to be addressed."

Christopher Behrens"
PAL

Post by PAL »

I just added more from the Methownet BB. I expect it to be taken down as it's getting a little snarly. The "armed and dangerous" really got to some of the people. All I did was point out we don't know what else theives will do. The people stealing the signs don't see it as theft. Just pranks. And of course law enforcement won't do anything about this, uh there is no law enforecement around. Which, btw, does anyone know what the status of Twisp is in hiring an officer? We need a presence and I don't know if there is one. We know what has happened in cities that don't have a presence, drugs and crime increase. Way back in the '90's Portland OR had a real problem with lack of policing. The city suffered for it. I know, I lived there for a bit then. I digress.
I mean, what if we came upon someone stealing the signs? I would think to call 911 and not approach, unless of course, it is someone we know. And it better not be.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Yes... I will be across from the market... It appears the buildasign has LOST my most recent order of 8 more signs... :-(

We may not get anymore in time for the election... Dang
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Post by PAL »

Ray, thanks for stopping by the DOT shop.
Will you be across from the Market this Sat?
Pearl Cherrington
PAL

Post by PAL »

Continuing the thread from Methownet BB. It would be great if Moose is correct.

Crunkinz
Re: REWARD for recent trespassing and theft of personal property
Post by Crunkinz » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:44 pm

I'm a bit confused by your post. Are they stealing the aforementioned red signs? What do the signs say on them? Armed and dangerous? That sounds pretty extreme for the methow valley. How much do these signs sell for? Anyhow, I'll keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell red signs ( owner placed ).
Reapward
Post by Reapward » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:58 pm

Peter, I think game cameras placed where they are not seen could be the answer. I was tempted to put a sign by my sign saying, Game Camera in Use.
Pearl Cherrington
karlukkid
Post by karlukkid » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:00 pm

Peter: Are these signs regarding the upcoming election and are against the pool proposition? Bruce Herron Wolf Creek
Bruce Herron Wolf Creek
Crunkinz
Post by Crunkinz » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:15 pm

after perusing the bulletin board/prior posts, I now see the answers to my questions. Have you actually been threatened by someone when confronting them/catching them in the act? Cause if so, that is downright scary and is a serious threat to our democratic process. I can't believe people can be so childish, I guess these are the times we're living in now. I've wanted to remove signs promoting pathological liars who pose a serious threat to our great country and democracy, believe me, but like any other law abiding adult, I didn't. I will def keep an eye out for these people. And what reapreward said about the game camera... if you don't have one already they are pretty affordable.
karlukkid
Post by karlukkid » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:50 pm

FYI. There will be an interview with Ray Peterson in this weeks MVN, and a letter to the editor from yours truly stating my position on this issue.Bruce Herron Wolf Creek
Bruce Herron Wolf Creek
Peter Larsen
Post by Peter Larsen » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:55 pm

I’m concerned anyone brazen enough to trespass and steal private property is unpredictable and dangerous ! You’ll have to fill in the blanks in the rest of the post yourselves or it will be removed !
moose
Post by moose » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:04 pm

This is a small town. It won’t take long to discover the offenders.
Joe Frey

Post by ctbehrens » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:23 pm

This thread reads like horse-pucky…

Like someone is prone to tall tales, or even a confusion of the truth.

Always consider the source, and the alliances.
Christopher Behrens
Reapward
Post by Reapward » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:45 pm

Signs have been stolen. Not made up and there is an RCW that says stealing political signs is illegal.
About the people being dangerous, heck we don't know. If they steal signs what else do they do?
Pearl Cherrington

Post by ctbehrens » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:47 pm

"Armed and dangerous?"

Sounds like a lot of speculation and fear-mongering.
Christopher Behrens
Go_Easy
Post by Go_Easy » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:02 pm

"Armed and dangerous".... Just wow...this kind of rhetoric only spurs confusion, fear, anger, resentment and violence. This post should be removed, the mods have pulled other posts for less.
Peter Larsen
Post by Peter Larsen » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:08 pm

Checking with the sheriff and you’ll see thefts have been reported .
MAY be armed and dangerous is the 23 million dollar question!
Last edited by PAL on Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pearl Cherrington
spaceship

Post by spaceship »

C74D9608-6BB9-43F0-9C0B-54170B3DA1EA.png
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

None of our signs are at the twisp dot yard. I checked

IMG_8552.jpeg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
spaceship

Post by spaceship »

Mine hasn't been stolen yet but I’m here all the time and we have neighborhood watch ,as well as the police cams here ! I’m installing a game cam as these thieves deserve to be caught ! And these people want the public to trust them ? “SMILE YOUR ON CANDID CAMERA”

Disgusting…. I can’t believe it’s come to this !!!
spaceship

Post by spaceship »

I was wondering where the sign in the “Tip a few “ yard went ? Isn’t that trespassing and thievery ?
An “Envision the Taxes “flyer on the town of Winthrop restroom bulletin board was removed and replaced with a North Cascade Heli ski swap flyer ! ??? 🧐 hmmm ?
PAL

Post by PAL »

I still have an extra sign but not like the one that got stolen. I may be able to get to the DOT shed to see if any are there this Thurs..
I doubt if DOT took this one.
Let me know if anyone wants the sign I have.
thanks.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Dang... Winthrop sign by the Chiropractic Center stolen... with metal fence posts too... Picture is before I added metal t posts and located further away from road... I will replace it when new ones come in. Looks like some pro Prop 1 folks are desperate and low life... :-(
IMG_8421.jpeg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Re: Signs stolen today west of Big Valley

Post by PAL »

Went down there. No one in. I called today and spoke with someone and he said they either pull the signs up and place them further in, (how nice would that be?) or they bring them to the yard. It is off to the left where some big white tanks are. The enclosure is locked but he said someone should be there. He asked what the sign said and I told him. He said there might be one like it there.
If anyone goes there, get there before 4:30. I will try again when in town again.
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Yes, Pearl the State DOT shed is the one South of the 20/153 split there on Munday road
PAL

Post by PAL »

Is the shed the one down a bit south of Twisp? I am going into town tomorrow and I could check. Cant' hurt.
Pearl Cherrington