This explains a heck of a lot

Fun CH

Re: This explains a heck of a lot

Post by Fun CH »

Rideback wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:02 pm You're missing the difference still and again.
read my original question. You answered No.

Like I said I used the word simular (if not the same) because I thought that mutations may be occurring to the spike protein and I believe that is correct according to the information below. But at the time I didn't know the answer to that question.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9529736/

"SARS-COV-2 various variants share several mutations that empower them in rising population while expanding their replication wellness. Most of these mutations occur in spike gene. In order to obtain a wide knowledge over SARS-COV-2 variants of concerns and variants of interests it is imperative to notice the mutation within viral properties (12). Spike proteins enhance the entry of the virus into the host cells by attaching to the particular host receptor. Therapeutics and vaccines are a part of clinical interventions for SARS-COV-2 infection (13). Monoclonal antibodies (mABs) have shown a clinical benefit in preventing infection by acting on the SARS-COV-2 spike protein (S) (14). The S protein consists of N-terminal subunit (S1) mediating receptor binding and C-terminal subunit S2 responsible for virus cell membrane fusion. During viral entry into cells, the receptor binding domain (RBD) of S1 engages the human ACE2 (15). Fig. 2 illustrates the molecular structure of COVID-19 spike protein in details."

So yes, "(Didn't) the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines cause our bodis to create a similar protein to the spike protein on the Corona virus?"

The spike protein mutates which is one of the reasons why new mutations are more successful in entering our cells. The vaccines may be less effective against the mutations (in the spike protein) which has always been a concern. If a coronavirus can't enter a cell, we're good, because the virus needs to enter our cells in order to replicate.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:41 pm
Fun CH wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:23 pm citation please
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/where ... roteins-go
yea that's the link I posted where it states:

"The Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) estimates that the spike proteins that were generated by COVID-19 vaccines last up to a few weeks, like other proteins made by the body."

Note the use of the word "estimates". Then that article goes on to make a definitive statement that those proteins don't accumulate in the body.

From what you posted, new reasearch may (or may not) indicate that Coronavirus spike proteins that are simular, if not the same, as the proteins induced by the vaccine may accumulate in the brain in Long Covid victims.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

You're missing the difference still and again.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Fun CH wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:23 pm citation please
https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/where ... roteins-go
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:24 pm viral spike proteins will be able to reproduce themselves along with the virus. proteins produced by an mRNA vaccine will not be able to be produced after the mRNA runs out.
citation please

Ride back I said similar if not the same because I don't know whether mutations of the spike protein is occurring with this novel Coronavirus. what distinguishes coronaviruses from other viruses are the spike proteins which I believe the protein chemical makeup are not the same on every Coronavirus type.

Four Coronavirus types are responsible for some of our common colds.

Nice back pedal though you incorrectly answered the first question I asked.
Last edited by Fun CH on Wed May 17, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... _G_508.pdf

It is not, as you state Chris, a 'similar protein' it is a copy.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

viral spike proteins will be able to reproduce themselves along with the virus. proteins produced by an mRNA vaccine will not be able to be produced after the mRNA runs out.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

your link is consistent with the fact that mRNA instructs the cells to make proteins simular to the coronavirus Spike protein, which our immune system reacts to.

"By using this mRNA, cells can produce the viral protein"

In my link, it further states that our antibodies are thought to destroy those cell manufactured proteins as our immune system reacts to that foreign protein invader.

Please lets not go back and forth just to prove that you misunderstand the facts again.

Trump said to march peacefully no matter how that fact doesn't fit your narrative.The mRNA Covid vaccines cause our cells to create a protein similar, if not the same, as the spike protein on Coronavirus.

Perhaps young healthy people were correct to take a more measured approach towards vaccine hesitency if the research that David posted turns out to be correct. At any rate, Covid research is still pending the results of long term data analysis.

I know, that doesn't fit the narrative many enjoy. But a look outside our bias may just alter our perception of reality.

People have a right to bodily autonomy, especially to decide what medical care and risk THEY choose for themselves.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Rideback wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:40 amNo.
Yes.

There was actually concern at the time that these vaccine induced spike proteins would build up in our organs, that concern was of course dismissed.

The mRNA in the vaccine was the genetic instruction to our cells to make that spike protein.

Our immune system would then recognize these newly created Spike proteins, similar to the ones on the Coronavirus, as invaders and attack them. Our immune system would also "learn" ( create antibodies and T cell memory) to attack future invasions of the same Spike proteins on the Coronavirus if and when a person became infected with the virus.

Without an effective Spike protein the virus could not enter our cells and therefore reduced viral load and complications from the resulting disease

"The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines work by introducing mRNA (messenger RNA) into your muscle cells. The cells make copies of the spike protein and the mRNA is quickly degraded (within a few days). The cell breaks the mRNA up into small harmless pieces. mRNA is very fragile; that's one reason why mRNA vaccines must be so carefully preserved at very low temperatures."

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/where ... mperatures.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

No.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Didn't the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines cause our bodis to create a similar protein to the spike protein on the Corona virus?
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

It does and will be interesting to watch for the peer review. I can't help but wonder which variant was part of study, it probably doesn't matter but still curious.
mister_coffee

This explains a heck of a lot

Post by mister_coffee »

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... n%20tissue.

Title says it all: "SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Accumulation in the Skull-Meninges-Brain Axis: Potential Implications for Long-Term Neurological Complications in post-COVID-19"

If confirmed it is a big deal. But it is a preprint and might be pretty weak.
Our results revealed the accumulation of the spike protein in the skull marrow, brain meninges, and brain parenchyma. The injection of the spike protein alone caused cell death in the brain, highlighting a direct effect on brain tissue. Furthermore, we observed the presence of spike protein in the skull of deceased long after their COVID-19 infection, suggesting that the spike’s persistence may contribute to long-term neurological symptoms.