Two old men are running- but here is the problem

Fun CH

Re: Two old men are running- but here is the problem

Post by Fun CH »

dorankj wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:17 pm So you just agreed the Dobbs decision was justified!
Don't think I said it was Justified but Roe vs Wade is no longer the law of land.

I do believe in States rights to make laws as long as the majority of the people in that State agree with that law and the law doesn't violate the US or State Constitution.

An issue such as taking away women's reproductive rights needs to decided by the people of the State by a special vote. That whole idea that a women can't leave a State for medical care that she can no longer receive in her State seems a bit like reproductive Slavery.
dorankj wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:17 pm
If abortion is restricted to your example I would concur.

you know the next question. If abortion is not murder in that example, why is abortion murder in other cases say, prior to 15 weeks?
dorankj wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:17 pm
If hormones are given to minors without any parental consent (or even notification) I believe that’s child abuse! Permission from parents are needed to give aspirin, ‘changing’ gender should be at least as reviewed.
What if the parent is the abuser? States often protect children in that situation. In this case, imagine the mental turmoil that a trans child suffers from an unsupportive parent or even a parent who thinks trans is a choice and refuses medical care for that child.
dorankj wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:17 pm (So I guess I DO answer!)
Yes thanks for the civil conversation.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

So you just agreed the Dobbs decision was justified!

If abortion is restricted to your example I would concur.

I support any reasonable efforts to ensure legal voting by legal residents, do you support ‘motor-voter’ laws that approve voters if they have licenses and ‘say’ they are legal voters? That’s currently the system in WA.

If hormones are given to minors without any parental consent (or even notification) I believe that’s child abuse! Permission from parents are needed to give aspirin, ‘changing’ gender should be at least as reviewed.

(So I guess I DO answer!)
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

dorankj wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:51 pm Is murder ever “private” and is voter verification a restriction of human rights?
no as defined by law, murder is not private. Edit to add: The State of Texas still takes the life of some convicted murders, however that act is not considered murder. Texas obviously recognises that taking a life in the interest of the people is OK.

Soldiers going off to war and killing the enemy in combat is not murder. And when a non combatant is targeted and killed by mistake from a US drone missle, that act is not considered murder.

When someone kills another person by mistake or in the heat of the moment, that may be considered manslaughter, not murder.

1st question you won't answer;
Would you call a 14-year-old girl a murderer who was repeatedly raped by her father, becomes pregnant and has an abortion?

Second point;
We verify voters ID in Washington so yea, that is the Governments business.They check signatures and send a ballot to a known address, seems to work fine. But what about a DNA sample or fingerprint to verify ID, would you be OK with that?

2nd question you won't answer;
Is taking hormones under a Medical Doctors care the governments business?
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Is murder ever “private” and is voter verification a restriction of human rights?
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

pasayten wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:39 pm I will never vote for trump... his end time will come... end of story...
that seems likely, however Ron DeSantis is waiting in the wings and GOP state legislatures continue meddling into the private medical affairs of citizens and restricting human rights. That is the reality of the new GOP.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

I will never vote for trump... his end time will come... end of story...
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Ray at some point you are going to have to recognize that the GOP is now the party of Trump and Greene ideals. The GOP is now the GTP (grand trump party)as polls show 61% of Republican voters want to see Trump run for president in 2024 even after he was indicted for fooling with business records in NY.

Contrast that to 41% of Democrats wanting to see Biden run again with 30% not caring. And many Democrats think Biden is doing a good job. I can't support Biden because he broke his campaign promise of no Artic Drilling.

That opinion is not because I'm a not a fossil fuel consumer (we all are)its because the Arctic is such a fragile environment and I'd like to see it's pristine nature preserved as much as possible. Those places on Earth are becoming more and more rare.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

old.jpg
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

just-jim wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:36 pm
As I said earlier Im not going to take advice from someone with your track record on the inter-webs.
Ray has kindly provided us this unmoderated space. I guess that if you want a moderated forum where everyone lives by ‘rules’ you could go back to…oh, wait…you got booted, there, too…
But…hey, thanks for the gumball, Mickey.
Next time I need advice on my own language or behavior, I’ll be sure to contact a sanctimonious, self-righteous hypocrite.
…………………………………..______________
And now, you go ——->| Ignore Button |
…………………………………..——————————
You may want to really consider partaking in rational discussions.

I know you aren't going to take any advise from me, I can only try. I am perplexed however that you can't see that your internet behavior is exactly like those Politicians you criticize like Trump and Marjorie Taylor Green.

They use derogatory language, insults and divisiveness and you use derogatory language, insults and divisiveness. No insult intended, these are just facts. Behavior can change you just have to be willing to recognize the problem behavior in order to do that. Lets not double down and normalize that behavior.

And as you said, using such language is no way to start a rational discussion.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Fun CH wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:00 am Its best we all learn from those mistakes and do better, which is basically what I'm asking you to do here.

But hey, please continue with your personal attacks as David says, you do you. Or you can try and have a rational discussion. It appears you have a lot of experience and knowledge to offer, but choose derogatory language instead.
As I said earlier Im not going to take advice from someone with your track record on the inter-webs.
Ray has kindly provided us this unmoderated space. I guess that if you want a moderated forum where everyone lives by ‘rules’ you could go back to…oh, wait…you got booted, there, too…
But…hey, thanks for the gumball, Mickey.
Next time I need advice on my own language or behavior, I’ll be sure to contact a sanctimonious, self-righteous, smug, narcissistic, pissy and petulant, hypocrite.
…………………………………..______________
And now, you go ——->| Ignore Button |
…………………………………..——————————
Last edited by just-jim on Tue May 02, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

just-jim wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:06 am
Fun CH wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:14 am totally agree, in most of your threads your behavior is trolling the people on the right. Some of the same people in OUR community who help save your prpretty from wildfire and are there for you if you need life saving assistance. I'm just saying show some respect.

Your views, supported by derogatory language, do not represent not liberal values.

"These profane words lack any inherent truth about any group of people."
I don’t know how firefighters came into this…..

But, i spent 40 years doing exactly that. Including 1/2 dozen fires in which comrades were killed or maimed. 4 of those fires were in this valley.

I probably know a bit more about how those people think than you. So, yes, you can show some respect and keep your glib, ignorant, assertions on that topic to yourself.
fire fighters and first responders came into this because I used them as an example of those who you are disrespecting when you use your derogatory language against politicians they may support. But you are also disrespecting many others who serve this community.

And yes I know how human error and lack of adequate training has lead to the death of firefighters. I spoke with an experienced fire fighter on that fatal Twisp River fire and he informed me of his concerns. I read the report and the one up 30 mile creek and the expert opinions of what went wrong. Human error is responsible for most if not all tragic accidents. Its best we all learn from those mistakes and do better, which is basically what I'm asking you to do here.

But hey, please continue with your personal attacks as David says, you do you. Or you can try and have a rational discussion. It appears you have a lot of experience and knowledge to offer, but choose derogatory language instead.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Fun CH wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:14 am totally agree, in most of your threads your behavior is trolling the people on the right. Some of the same people in OUR community who help save your prpretty from wildfire and are there for you if you need life saving assistance. I'm just saying show some respect.

Your views, supported by derogatory language, do not represent not liberal values.

I don’t know how firefighters came into this…..

But, i spent 40 years doing exactly that. Including 1/2 dozen fires in which comrades were killed or maimed. 4 of those fires were in this valley.

I probably know a bit more about how those people think than you. So, yes, you can show some respect and keep your glib, ignorant, assertions on that topic to yourself.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

just-jim wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:08 pm
Fun CH wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:01 pm Warning:

The views represented in this thread do reflect liberal values.

"People resort to using disparaging terms when logic fails to resolve a disagreement or conflict. For some, it's often easier to use ignorant, destructive, yet powerful strategies consisting of insults, generalizations, detrimental stereotypes and profanity to support their argument. These profane words lack any inherent truth about any group of people."
WARNING!!!!

This thread contains TROLL BAIT!!!!!!
yea, totally agree, in most of your threads your behavior is trolling the people on the right. Some of the same people in OUR community who help save your prpretty from wildfire and are there for you if you need life saving assistance. I'm just saying show some respect.

As you said yourself, that derogatory language is no place to start a rational political conversation. Or did I not paraphrase you correctly?
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Fun CH wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:01 pm Warning:

"People resort to using disparaging terms when logic fails to resolve a disagreement or conflict. For some, it's often easier to use ignorant, destructive, yet powerful strategies consisting of insults, generalizations, detrimental stereotypes and profanity to support their argument. These profane words lack any inherent truth about any group of people."
WARNING!!!!

This thread contains TROLL BAIT!!!!!!
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Warning:

just-jim

Two old men are running- but here is the problem

Post by just-jim »

Two old men - apparently - running for president in 2024. Neither should be -
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -white-men
In any case…..here’s why rational discussions with supporters of guilty, sh*t stain donnie are fruitless.
Our democracy simply cant be sustained with this level of education, belief and understanding.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... ilipkowski