I thought Republicans valued individual rights, ie our freedom to keep government out of our private lives, yes or no?

Fun CH

I thought Republicans valued individual rights, ie our freedom to keep government out of our private lives, yes or no?

Post by Fun CH »

Please, no degratory name calling on this thread.

Serious question, I though Replubicans valued individual rights, ie our freedom to keep government out of our private lives, yes or no?

Here is one example, please post others.

Democratic state senator Machaela Cavanaugh fighting for children's rights to bodily autonomy.

This courageous lady has been filibustering her state Senate for 12 hours a day for the last 30 days with no end in sight.

"Nebraska hasn't passed a single bill this session, amid filibusters over trans rights"

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/07/11686026 ... ears%20old.

"Nebraska lawmakers haven't passed a single bill this session, as a state lawmaker continues a weeks-long filibuster protest over trans rights and vows to "burn this session to the ground" if she has to.

"Who is she? Democratic state senator Machaela Cavanaugh.

Starting in February, Cavanaugh has filibustered every bill that has come before the legislature this session.
She is protesting proposal LB574 — or the "Let Them Grow Act" — which was put forward by a Republican lawmaker"
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King