Rep House members setting agendas - cut SS, Medicare, Medicaid

PAL

Re: Rep House members setting agendas - cut SS, Medicare, Medicaid

Post by PAL »

Might be best to tax the corporations and the more wealthy, who can afford lawyers to figure out loopholes. Instead of taking away, or reducing entitlements, why not reduce those poor elected officials' salaries a bit.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Jingles wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:50 pm For once I see I agree with some here that the "FAIR TAX" is not what is needed. What is needed in it's place is a Flat tax where everyone is charged a flat tax of 15 to 20% on any income regardless of source with no exceptions.
That sounds like a good way to destroy the economy and reduce all of us to utter poverty. Just to give one example, the if you eliminate the home mortgage interest deduction you will quite literally put millions of people who build, buy, and sell homes out of work because that would automatically make home purchasing more expensive. And homeowners who purchased their homes last year would lose the tax deduction and many of them would be unable to afford their payments without it, so you've made millions of people homeless and probably trashed the banking system along with it.

I do not have time or energy to go over all of the other unintended consequences of such an idiotic idea. Suffice to say if you hate America that is a profoundly efficient way to destroy the country and burn the ruins.

Elected officials who push this idea know this as well as I do, and like many other screwball ideas in our political system, they don't ever expect such insanity to be actually implemented. But it sounds good to gullible people so they keep pushing it.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

For once I see I agree with some here that the "FAIR TAX" is not what is needed. What is needed in it's place is a Flat tax where everyone is charged a flat tax of 15 to 20% on any income regardless of source with no exceptions.
Rideback

Rep House members setting agendas - cut SS, Medicare, Medicaid

Post by Rideback »

Entitlement programs to be cut is a priority on the table

https://crooksandliars.com/2023/01/repu ... aim-cut-us