House Rep's announce new agenda

PAL

Re: House Rep's announce new agenda

Post by PAL »

They Reps dance around and really give no details on much of anything of what they would do to help the American people. Because they don't want to.
They want to give big tax breaks to the rich, so that it will trickle down. How did that work out? Ronnie tried it, didn't work. Many MAGA folks think if they hold out long enough they will be rich like Trump.
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Not even a little bit. Dems are able to multi task and so in the last 2 years have been able to bring back jobs lost during Covid, conduct hearings on the insurrection and riot that killed police officers at our Capitol, re-unite babies with their families who were kept in cages by the Trump admin, re establish a broken supply chain, re engage NATO, re enter the Paris Accord, pass a Bill that began rebuilding of our infrastructure, that allowed Medicare to negotiate pharmaceuticals and put a cap in insulin, while the DoJ was investigating and prosecuting the insurrectionists who called for VP Pence to be hung, a DoJ that supported the Nat'l Archives when it brought the issue of Trump not complying with the Presidential Records Act and instead intentionally withholding and hiding classified intel documents.

The Dems have honored the Constitution by holding a lawbreaker accountable. They accomplished this while continuing to make policies for the betterment of the American people. That is not what the Rep's are announcing. They are looking for a lopsided term where no talk of inflation, infrastructure, education, health or nat'l security is even on their list of goals. They are telling Americans that they are a one trick pony.
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Looks like some on here don't like repubs using the same tactics the dems used for 4 years even before he officially took office. The party that has done everything to overlook the invasion across our southern boarder and stop the building of the fence is the one currently in office and control.
Is this an example of the pot calling the kettle black?
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

dorankj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:46 pm “10% held by h for the big guy”
That isn't serious evidence of anything. In fact that is a total joke that only a credulous and feeble-minded child would give any credibility.

But that is par for the course in this entire "scandal". There isn't any serious evidence, even the nonserious evidence has enormous chain-of-custody issues, and there are no witnesses.

I find it curious that someone who lives in Southern California would take a laptop to a repair shop in Delaware.

I find it even more curious that much has been made of a "hard drive" which supposedly originated in a model of computer that does not have a hard drive.

I find it still more curious that many of the alleged "leaks" from that "hard drive" seem to be from a time after the laptop was dropped off for repairs.

I find it remarkably curious that even though there are many professional forensic data experts, none of them has issued any kind of opinion on the provenance of the data in question.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Never did, never will do any 'hating on kids'.
I don't understand your first sentence, please explain.
The Dems run for office on the basis of policies, on their accomplishments. The Rep's run on obstruction, no policies laid out except giving tax breaks to the wealthiest. I would have thought that at least the Rep's would have declared policies to reduce or control inflation, but they seem to have put their political tin foil hats on and are charging forward with QAnon conspiracies.

btw I see that the Trump children have opted out of the political fray for '24. They made a whole lot of money during the Trump admin, but then again their legal bills must be pretty hefty. I saw that Trump.org CFO Weisselberg flipped this week in front of the grand jury and said that Trump was not only aware of the tax fraud scheme but directed it. Trump kids are officers in the corp so that's gotta be uncomfortable.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

“10% held by h for the big guy” This isn’t about the drug addled, crime committing son. But I do recall you hating on Trump’s kids, so that’s ok in your book.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Unlike this new agenda that will focus on the President's son who, from all accounts, had a drug problem and kept a gun in his house, but didn't hold any office from which he could be impeached, Trump committed impeachable offenses. If you somehow think that Trump's interactions with the Russians didn't need investigation and particularly in light of all the revelations about Trump's fraud & felonies since he lost re election to BIden then you probably think 1+1 = 0.

The 8 Benghazi hearings never did reveal what Jim Jordan claimed they would but they did serve the purpose of a tax payer funded long running attack on the Rep's political enemy, Hillary Clinton. And that will be all this is, getting the taxpayers to pay for their political attacks.

Meanwhile, fighting inflation policies will be 0. There won't be any attempt to fix immigration issues, no work on infrastructure or even health issues. Nada, zip, zero.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

From people who supported Russia, Russia and impeach, impeach (and a ton of other pointless ‘investigations’), how VERY rich of you!
Rideback

House Rep's announce new agenda

Post by Rideback »

First up, investigation into Hunter Biden's business dealings

From Jim Wright:

'And there it is.
Infrastructure? Healthcare? Affordable education? A rational energy policy? Immigration? A plan to reduce the inflation rate they were so, so very concerned about two weeks ago? Homelessness? The supply of Infant formula even?
Naw.
Republicans' first order of business: investigate some Qanon conspiracy theories.
Get a good look.
Make your MAGA relatives and neighbors look.
Remember this in 2024. This is all Republicans have left. No plan. No initiative. No desire to make the world better. No actual ability to lead or legislate or govern. Just hate and conspiracy theories and rage.
Hunter Biden's Business is the Hillary Clinton Benghazi of Obama Birth Certificates.
And that is all they have.'