‘Red Wave’? NOT!

Jingles

Re: ‘Red Wave’? NOT!

Post by Jingles »

mister_coffee wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:42 am There is this thing called the first amendment which gives us the right to complain and pray, whether we vote or not. I thought all right-wingers carried a copy of the constitution in their pocket. Might do 'em all a bit of good to read it from time to time.
Guess you should probably
1 take a reading comprehension course
2 reread my post I clearly stated a moral right not that you didn't have any right but then you are one that probably complains about anything that doesn't go your way.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

There is this thing called the first amendment which gives us the right to complain and pray, whether we vote or not. I thought all right-wingers carried a copy of the constitution in their pocket. Might do 'em all a bit of good to read it from time to time.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

mister_coffee wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:17 am
just-jim wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:46 am Jingles is correct about Okanogan Co turnout - just about 26%, according to WA Sec of State website: https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/202 ... rnout.html

That is pretty sad….
Those numbers seem to be showing ballots counted so

For Okanogan County, there were 25,816 registered voters. 6618 ballots have been counted (25.63%). The county estimates there are 7200 ballots yet to be counted, for a turnout of 53.52% . That's more than twice 26% and not 25% anyway.

Ok so add in the not counted votes to come up with 53% that is still disappointing turn out as still ends up with close to 100 % of the eligible voters complain but 47 % should keep the mouths shut. If you don't vote you have no moral right to express your opinion
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

mister_coffee wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:17 am Those numbers seem to be showing ballots counted so far.
You are correct. I didn’t think about the ‘not yet counted’….
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

The County website only has tallies up to Nov 8 which is disappointing.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

just-jim wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:46 am Jingles is correct about Okanogan Co turnout - just about 26%, according to WA Sec of State website: https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/202 ... rnout.html

That is pretty sad….
Those numbers seem to be showing ballots counted so far.

For Okanogan County, there were 25,816 registered voters. 6618 ballots have been counted (25.63%). The county estimates there are 7200 ballots yet to be counted, for a turnout of 53.52% . That's more than twice 26% and not 25% anyway.
Last edited by mister_coffee on Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Jingles is correct about Okanogan Co turnout - just about 26%, according to WA Sec of State website: https://results.vote.wa.gov/results/202 ... rnout.html

That is pretty sad….
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Good lord, where do you get your numbers? Voter turnout in Washington was about 55%. And I can't find any state where voter turnout was 25%.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -by-state/
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Also looking at this map emphasizes the need for dividing Washington at the crest.The state is run by the idjits along the I-5 corridor
Attachments
Screenshot_20221110-060723_Samsung Internet.jpg
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Regardless of win or loose what is most discouraging is the voter turnout 25%? That means 75% of the voters can keep their mouths shut if they don't like the way things are going If you did not vote you have no reason to complain and those of us that did vote don't want to hear anything from your yap trap.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221110-054335_Samsung Internet.jpg
Last edited by Jingles on Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
just-jim

‘Red Wave’? NOT!

Post by just-jim »

Thoughts about the election….

- NO red wave. (how about them apples, Ken?) Democrats lost the least number of mid-term House seats in 40+ years! A record number of State Gubernatorial races turned dem, too. As Heather Cox Richardson points out, republicans did well only where State legislatures had heavily gerrymandered the voting districts. In 4 States - Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, and Ohio - district boundaries remain as set by republican legislatures, in spite of Court orders to change them. It appears that republicans really can’t win unless the deck is stacked in their favor.

- The Dobbs decision on abortion may have been part of the reason the dems did as well as they did; some analysts see it that way. Election results probably are an endorsement of Biden’s course of action.

- I’m encouraged that the young voters seem to be getting it right. A breakdown of voters by age and affiliation show the skew the younger voters had. A few more years - as us old dinosaurs pass on - and it appears the republicans may be a smaller and smaller part of the demographic. And, yes, it is past time for the 70+ yr old men, of both parties, to step aside.

- Pollsters got it wrong for what…at least the 3rd national election in a row. I think survey methods of pollsters have not kept up the social norms of the young. One young pundit I read said; “Generation Y and Z would rather handle a live grenade, without the pin, than take a phone call from a number they don’t recognize”.

- The election deniers and the whack-o bat-sh*t crazy candidates were losers. Quality candidates do matter and it is good to see that overall, democracy prevails, to date.

- This is probably the end of the political line for guilty donnie. Tubby is reportedly “livid” that the candidates he backed, like Oz, did so poorly. This election IS a referendum on his useless criminal butt. He’s done, toast, buh-bye, see ya later, adios MFer! Bring on the indictments….