Now is the time

PAL

Re: Now is the time

Post by PAL »

Yes, people can also go too slow. But with my AWD Subaru, I can creep uphill, no problem. Can even stop in the middle of our lane, on the hill and get going again. Not that I like to do that. Only problem is with 6-8" of really wet slushy stuff, have needed chains a couple of times. Heck, I shouldn't have gone out!
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Personally can say in the 60 years I have been driving have only even used chains when I plowed commercially , and never had studs metal or c walnut but then I learned to drive on snow and ice by driving on frozen lakes, what gets me is folks that are driving g so slow they barely make it up hills then when they do push on the gas they spin and fishtail with one reason they have no weight in their vehicle other than their butterball butts. Another place to check on swapping out tires is Okanogan Tire between Okanogan and Omak
realoldtimer

Post by realoldtimer »

Having driven for decades in the Rocky Mountains on snow tires w/o studs, I never felt the need for them. Also, that was back when most of us changed our own mounted tires. Changed the oil snd filter, too! Even tuned the engine on my own!

Last snow tires I had for my van were studless with walnut shells in the rubber -- never had a problem.

Last two winters, we have left our mounted studded tires in the shed and driven on the summer traction tires we have on our SUV. Never got stopped or stuck, and enjoyed the quiet ride!

All that said, I think Larry Smith's garage will change your tires fir you. Maybe 509 Auto, too.

Changing them is not rocket science.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

No worries. Les Schwab has been booked out for several weeks now so if you try and get them to do the switch you'll be well into beginning of Dec.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Well, if everyone would just slow down. Change over places right now are swamped. And I don't like driving on studs on wet or dry pavement, which could be for a few weeks. You know how it is, we might get a coating or an ice floor, then it melts. Just got some better tread tires and had them siped too. But I do like my studs.
It's the other drivers that scare me. If I was the only one on the road, it would be just fine. Because I slow down. Those that tailgate can go around me. Or I pull over to let 'em by. If I see them in the ditch later on...yes, I will help them, if I can.
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Now is the time

Post by Jingles »

Well 1 Nov is here and it is time for those that never learned to/can't drive in snow and ice to switch over to your studded snow tires, after all don't want to wait until snow tires might be needed. Swap over now and beat the rush of others that can't drive