Roe vs. Wade

mister_coffee

Re: Roe vs. Wade

Post by mister_coffee »

Being cruel and hostile and "punishing" others is the whole point for the obnoxiously self-righteous.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

What a crude joke, Jinlges. It's always up to the woman to make sure she doesn't get pregnant, isn't it. What's a man called if he gets a woman pregnant? He can walk away from it.
In the old days...what a load of crap. Referring to the old days on and on. Back in the day....
Helping to pay for contraception is for those that are very poor and cannot afford it. It's a small amount to pay to help reduce unwanted pregnancies.
Abstinence. You've got to be kidding. People have feelings and emotions. That could be the ideal for the teen years, but for older people, it won't happen.
Rideback is asking some good questions Ken. What say you to them?
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken, how do you answer the women and children who seek an abortion because the fetus threatens their life, the fetus is not viable, the fetus or even child in a late term pregnancy has died or a woman has had a miscarriage but her health requires that an abortion be performed because the miscarriage was incomplete, because the woman was raped or a victim of incest? What is your answer to these women? Die? FYI, if the mother dies the fetus dies.
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Interesting article
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

mister_coffee wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:26 am Let's face some facts here. If the hardcore forced-birth anti-abortionist people really cared about dead babies, they would support efforts to provide free and safe contraception so those babies couldn't be killed in the first place.

But the ugly truth here is they don't really care about babies at all. They are using that as a shield and a cudgel to torment people different from them and to defend their own ugly self-righteousness.
Yes I am an anti abortionist with a few exceptions and they were stated previously, I am also well over the hill age wise and cam say back 50 /60 years ago contraception was abstinence, now abstinence is a forgotten means of preventing pregnancies.

First question if You want others to pay for a person's free and safe contraception does the person paying for it get the benefits of enjoying the act needing contraception with the person needing the protection? If not why not they are paying for it?

There was at one times when the word was to avoid pregnancy was to keep a quarter (2 bits) between the knees if the girl got pg she qualified as a 2bit whore
Last edited by Jingles on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Life isn’t “black and white” it is life and death.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Women don't have abortions for convenience

https://prochoice.org/wp-content/upload ... rtions.pdf
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Let's face some facts here. If the hardcore forced-birth anti-abortionist people really cared about dead babies, they would support efforts to provide free and safe contraception so those babies couldn't be killed in the first place.

But the ugly truth here is they don't really care about babies at all. They are using that as a shield and a cudgel to torment people different from them and to defend their own ugly self-righteousness.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken, I hear that Harvard put out a $1 million reward for the first man who becomes pregnant. It's a safe bet, but you go ahead and get pregnant and carry that child, have at it.

My guiding beliefs have no political sway, they exist before any political party, I would have them if I was from Africa, the Middle East or Europe. By assigning a political stigma to beliefs you're trying to tribalize right vs wrong, to pidgeonhole people so that their political label then allows you to dismiss anything you can't agree with. Life just isn't that black and white, living asks all of us to learn from each other.

Women are not livestock. Women must have equal rights in order for a society to call itself civilized. The situation cannot be resolved by taking away a woman's rights to choose her own healthcare in order to punish the very small few who you think are using abortion as some kind of birth control.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

If you ever discover that I’ve aborted a baby in me or killed a child of mine, of any age, you may have a point.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

From "Two Bad Ideas of the (Morally) Self-Righteous" ( https://theelectricagora.com/2020/01/23 ... righteous/ ):
The second – and it is intimately related to and entwined with the first – is that those whom the (self) righteous believe are Bad People deserve neither quarter nor pity. The idea isn’t just that The Bad deserve what they get, a kind of melancholic observation of what comes of bad Karma, but that we should put the boot in (especially when they are down) and should be brutal in doing it…and pitiless afterwards.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Rideback, your positions are blatantly political ‘universal health care, etc.’ Is killing a one year old “sad, unfortunate and bluntly ugly thing”? We seem to determine it’s illegal! Maybe find a principle that doesn’t prove your ignorance.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

One can agree that abortion is a sad, unfortunate, and bluntly ugly thing and still believe that outlawing it and making it a crime is a completely inappropriate and ultimately futile response.

Kind of like throwing the mentally ill in jail.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken, you said you weren't beholden to my politics so I responded that the abortion crisis has nothing to do with my politics. Why do you think it's a political issue?
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

So what? Answering questions no one asked.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken, my positions have nothing to do with my political affiliation. I held the same positions when I was a registered Republican then later when I registered as an Independent and now as a Democrat, so you're really missing the boat when your try and make this a political issue. It simply isn't.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

I’m happy to be Bonhoeffer.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I'll just eat some popcorn and enjoy...

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken can be pretty comical when he attempts to dance in moral outrage.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Thanks for the comic relief.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Shove it where the sun doesn’t shine! I’m not beholden to your politics because I think too many babies are killed needlessly and out of pure convenience. And I do support people in ALL stages of life and infirmary, I’ve been an emergency responder for 30 years!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Finish the sentence. Make the commitment to those unborn children to give them health care, to make each child identifiable as a person that needs nurturing, stop hiding behind your moral outrage that doesn't hold up when life's examples cross your path. Banning abortions doesn't save children's lives, it kills the mothers.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

And children aren’t disposable.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

I figured you'd say that Ken, which is why I also posted the current day story of the Texas woman. But since you haven't noticed, the states that are implementing laws that were in effect pre Roe have now put women in the same position as Debbie Reynolds. Your ideals may seem lofty from a distance but when the real world effects of women in dire straits enter the story you can't take it and so revert to denial again.

Women are not livestock.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

How desperate you are (and HuffPost) to go back to the 60s to try to justify evil! Your second story literally says Drs are “nervous”!