Post by PAL »

This is priceless!
Pearl Cherrington
just-jim

Re: Texas Republican Platform

Post by just-jim »

EDB514E7-0638-45D2-BD32-091FD95D7905.jpeg
My new hat is on the way!

It will go nicely with my new shirt I got last week….I wore it proudly over the weekend!
4B11D3ED-FFF7-4F02-98AE-0AD17AF3AB2A.jpeg
PAL

Post by PAL »

The people that killed Jesus must have been like the same people that chanted, 'hang Mike Pence" and wanted to kill Nancy P.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

And the original “divisive Christian” was named Jesus or Yeshua, they even killed him for it!
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Well PAL since you and your side constantly generalize about republicans and ‘far right’ I figure you would understand.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Ken, I can see why you like the man in the article. He generalizes about the The Left this, the left that. A divisive "Christian".
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

dorankj wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 am I suppose you’re all over the ‘insurrection’ from last Thursday too! In PAL’s language bullsh__! (So Ray won’t insert his own words)...
Maybe you need to learn the difference between this:

and this:

Also a friendly pro tip: if your imaginary friends Donald, Tucker, Laura, and Sean tell you to drink some kool-aid, just don't.

dorankj

Post by dorankj »

I suppose you’re all over the ‘insurrection’ from last Thursday too! In PAL’s language bullsh__! (So Ray won’t insert his own words)

Maybe try reading this:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/06/21 ... term=EMAIL
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

The 'killer' you're referring to called 911 on himself, surrendered without incident and is being charged. He didn't threaten a 5 month old baby and and his mother and father with death. The 'crickets' were pretty loud over this, you just had your ear plugs in.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

We had a killer with a gun, knife etc. outside a Supreme Court Justice home and you guys are crickets. Don’t fein moral outrage over Kinzinger, you don’t care one whit about him, he’s just a useful idiot for your political power (and a distraction from Biden etal utter failure!)
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Threats - like those from that grinning cretin Greitens - are not just an attempt at bad humor. Words have consequences.

Today Republican Congressman Adam Kinzinger, Illinois, received death threats against he and his family.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_eoXO3yit0

BTW - Greitens is that especially wonderful paragon of virtue: Resigned as Governor of Missouri in 2018 rather than face sure impeachment. He was accused of, and charged with, a felony. He was accused of sexual crimes by a campaign worker and his hairdresser. In addition he was charged with campaign finance fraud. More currently, his wife has accused him of abuse against herself and their children during divorce proceedings.

He is currently leading the polls for the Senate race in Missouri. A good guy with the moral compass we want making laws…..?
PAL

Post by PAL »

Yep, because I see through your sh...
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

And you guys don’t generalize? You think you are fair and open minded PAL? Ha!
PAL

Post by PAL »

Well said Jim and David.
The ad just perpetuates violence. These are people that want to kill us, really. I don't consider myself far left. Ken you are generalizing and that shows your ignorance and willfulness to not open your eyes or your mind. You have gone even narrower than before. You are eating up whatever pablum you are being fed, baby.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Just saying, if it comes down to a decision between "well meaning, but lethargic and kind of incompetent" and "for all practical purposes a bunch of terrorists" I'll be going with the incompetents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r156NzlHmJ4

Republicans: How dare you suggest we're encouraging violence against political opponents?
Also Republicans: Here is a video where we encourage hunting down and killing our political enemies!

And yes, I think the Republican Party in 2022 is a terrorist organization.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

I have read, and re-read the 3 books, as well as ‘On Tyranny’. I might also suggest Hannah Arendt ‘The Origins of Totalitarianism’, the seminal book on the topic. I read it in the 1960s and have re-read it, twice, although it it is far from an easy read. I also have a History degree, with a special interest in that era and topic.

Trying to distill the ideas in those books into a simple slogan of ‘Dems want to control everything, that’s the problem’, shows that you don’t understand what you - supposedly - read. Simple empty slogans repeated over and over are right out of the tyrant playbook.

A government that wants to control what women can do with their persons, who can marry whom, how people can express their sexuality, what can NOT be taught in schools or universities, who gets to enjoy the same rights as white men and who doesn’t, that wants to memorialize and re-write clearly racist and genocidal history, withdraw from organizations that help the health and welfare of all and generally try to freeze society in some 1880 or 1950 fantasy world, isn’t about getting away from ‘control’ at all. It is EXACTLY about control.

I’m not sure which is more worrisome for the future of our democracy - the Tx rebops pushing such a platform….or the inability of some to see it for what it is.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

No, it is specifically government out of control NOT society (maybe you’re thinking Lord of the Flies et.al.?)

Dems (who largely are far left!) are in control, Pres., House and Senate. Again, good luck this fall!
PAL

Post by PAL »

Ken, I guess the GOP is not government. Then who is doing the controlling in Texas? Who is it that wants these "laws" enacted? Who is it that wants control like that? They are dictating how they want it to be. That is a dictatorship. Talk about control.
There is a little booklet out called, "Tyranny". Suggested reading. In the library.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I have actually read all of those books.

And you seem to have drawn the wrong conclusions from them. If your thesis is that any kind of organized society inevitably leads to tyranny.

The whole point of a lot of institutions and cultural baggage we have, from a free press to an independent judiciary to limited government to free markets, are largely there to create a better society and a better conditions for humans to flourish, and also make it so that we have to really work at it to end up living in tyranny. They are all tools to create that better world, and like any tool you need to use the appropriate tool for the task. Using a chainsaw when you need tweezers is just going to make a huge mess. And there has been a lot of that going around in recent decades.

Unfortunately these days a lot of people seem to be really working for tyranny.

And no, you can't characterize the far left and democrats (even though they aren't even the same thing) as advocating for "government control of everything". Not even remotely close.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Most in TX don't realize that TX takes back more in Fed'l taxes than they pay in. Without representation in Congress TX would struggle mightily.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Mister coffee, have you actually read 1984 or Animal Farm or Fahrenheit 451? Do you not get government control is at the root of all of them? Do you not know the far left and dem party is in huge alignment with government control of everything? This projection game is being seen through by many people and I don’t think your mis-direction is going to work anymore. Good luck this fall!
PAL

Post by PAL »

Perhaps they should succede. Then when they are burning up or freezing and starving to death, they can't call on the rest of us to help them.
This is radicalized. Do we really think this could spread to other states? Is this a small faction?
This is not America. What country is it?
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Maybe they need a good two minutes hate ...

Dear Republicans: _1984_ is a cautionary tale, not a how to guide.