Kicked Off the Methownet BB

dorankj

Re: Kicked Off the Methownet BB

Post by dorankj »

‘None are so blind who WILL (themselves to) not see!’ Enjoy your echo chamber.
PAL

Post by PAL »

The Methownet BB was indeed really nasty. Mean and hateful comments. We get them on here but they don't last long; they go away like Chitta, who visits, to rile us/me up. And Ken gave up on us, I guess. Italian Helicopter, another one to stir it up.
This BB rarely has the hate the other one did have. So I see why they put a stop to all that.
Chris, you were not one of the means ones, at all. You were talking the facts and some people don't like to know they are...well, wrong!
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:42 pm Well, of course, they gotta have thick skin to be on here.
for sure. That's true all over the internet.

It seems to me that this place now has generally less of a troll element than MNBB had. The one that showed up here for a few posts was, as you pointed out, actually very funny.

People who long quit the MN BB before I got there said it used to get real nasty.

I saw some of that for the brief time I was there before I was kicked off for telling the truth about NCH corp that was breaking the law and violating their special use permit in our mountains.

If you remember, one of the owners confronted me at the Twisp Community Center, harnessed and boarderline threatened me to 'stay out of Mazama', 'because we don't like narcs' , presumably because of my involvement in reporting the issue. That incident necessitated me filing a police report and I was given advice by the Forest Service law enforcement officer to seek a restraining order as one option to stop the ongoing harassment.

And it wasn't just me. I witnessed this individual, Paul Butler, verbally tearing into a friend of mine at the hwy20 trailhead. My friend had recently posted a thread on Turns All Year about why you shouldn't park your snowmobile in an avalanche path run out Zone. That was a common practice for that corporation's guided trips back then along with holding their avalanche courses in Avalanche paths.

Many of us seasoned mountain Travelers thought that that behavior was modeling poor safety protocols to people new to the sport.

The idea is to spend as little time as possible in avalanche terrain and not to 'camp out' in it.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
PAL

Post by PAL »

Thread was pulled as far as I could tell. Couldn't find it. I wonder if people know about this site? Seems like not.
They could have some good discussions here. Why should they be afraid? Well, of course, they gotta have thick skin to be on here.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Unless I missed it, looks like their discussion thread on the Ukraine attack was pulled. When will they learn?

Makes me wonder why they don't join here and post. Are they afraid of what others may post in rebuttal to their opinions? Afraid to venture away from a left leaning website?
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

From methownet bb: "An accident occurred while transferring the bulletin board between servers resulting in the loss of some posts between 2/14 and 2/16. We apologize for the inconvenience."
Amateurs... Anybody hear of daily backups??? Maybe a transition plan??? :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Post by PAL »

Yes, and thank you for the instructions.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Are you asking how to place a quote from someone in your post?

If so, sign in and click on the " icon at the top right of the post that you want to quote. That will automatically pull up the post reply box with that quote in it. Just type your reply below and out side of the quote.

If you want to only quote one part of a persons text, then do a cut like you would do a cut and paste running your finger over the part you want to cut out of the quote, but be sure not to cut the [ ] brackets at the beginning and end of the quote. Those brackets are instructions to the program that inserts the quote.

If you put the word quote inside those brackets you get this;

[quote]
PAL

Post by PAL »

"aggressive testosterone influenced nature of post". Could she/he be a woman disguising herself a man?
Ha Ha Ha. "Besides, I'm never wrong." Just like a man.
Ok, one more time, tell where to put those quotation marks. And I do mean, where does it go in the sentence?
Thanks.
Pearl
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:10 pm

How do you know Chitta is a he? Chitta is Cosmic intelligence, so Chitta could be both he or she. Please Google Chitta and there are definitions there.
Still trying to do the quotes but don't put them in the right place, so I just put the quotation marks on my own.
I assumed it was a He because of the aggressive testosterone influenced nature of post. Most of the internet posts I've read written by ladies don't convey the same tone.

Besides, I'm never wrong. :mrgreen:
PAL

Post by PAL »

Chitta was looking in the mirror when he/she said that, you know. No need for us to get too upset, as we know it is not true what he/she says. There are some really good articles, opinions and discussions on this BB. And there is indeed misinformation which causes us to think analytically and decide for ourselves what to believe.
What an abuse of Cosmic intelligence.
And here's the thing I can't help but keep saying in my mind, with an English accent, mind you, "Chitta, Chitta, bang, bang.
Is that from a song? What is Chitty, chitty, bang, bang from? Google, here I come.
Pearl
It's the film and it is British!
Pearl Cherrington
Gonzo'57

Post by Gonzo'57 »

"The REAL community is rather chuffed to see the most vociferous, ill informed hypocrites relegated to a private safe space for their incessant ego begging. Please continue."

I can only assume that Chitta, the all knowing and powerful cosmic intelligence, means by its above statement that anyone that disagrees with its held opinions are all of the those things it referred to us as. I wish to apologize to it for offending it with my vociferous, ill informed, hypocritical opinions. I suggest the rest of you do so also before Chitta reaches out across the cosmos and smites the lot of us with another stinging indictment. I'm very afraid!

Really though, if I could use foul language on this board, I would tell Chitta exactly what I thought of it and where it could deposit its opinions. What a smug, condescending piece of .........
PAL

Post by PAL »

"however, he has been checking in, guessing to see how last years award winning top internet troll of the year played out."

How do you know Chitta is a he? Chitta is Cosmic intelligence, so Chitta could be both he or she. Please Google Chitta and there are definitions there.
Still trying to do the quotes but don't put them in the right place, so I just put the quotation marks on my own.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

pasayten wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:48 am I used to get away with stuff until I went to the dark side and produced a competitive BB... :-)

Just for fun I put on my 1950's east German Stasi hat and just reported those posts for Politcal opinion rules violation.

They both should be banned for rules violations just as we were for doing that very same thing. Both posts were also way off topic.

The bottom line is that its clear that the staff no longer wants its members to post political opinion.

At this point perhaps its disrepectful to the "real community" to post that stuff especially when all the people who would be willing to post political counterpoint are now banned from doing so.

Katie and Jim, You are welcome to join here if you really desire a discussion on more "welfare for the weathly" programs.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

I used to get away with stuff until I went to the dark side and produced a competitive BB... :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

woodman wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:44 am I believe that I was the first person to join this BB after I got censored from the Methownet one in March, 2020. I tried to talk to them over the phone about reinstating me since I had more clarity about the limits of what is accepted over there, but the woman was very firm with me, and wouldn't budge. She said this is a private company, and we don't have time to police the messages. No second chances made me feel marginalized.
MNBB continues to be a place where a privileged few are allowed to post political commentary, while as you state, marginalize others for doing the same thing.

Two recent examples from a thread requesting that people turn off their engines while waiting at the community center in Twisp.

"The trick is to convince the county commissioners to make the effort to apply for these funds - so far only 1 has been interested, which is not enough to move it forward.
Katie Haven"

"Sounds like our County Commissioners need to step up to the plate and apply for the infrastructure funds to build out some more public Level 2 charging capacity for visitors and residents alike.
Jim Brennan"

Clearly a rules violation while posting a self serving one sided political argument.

But will they be banned? Probably not.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:29 pm Notice Chitta has not responded or entered into the fray. A great loss. Sigh.
however, he has been checking in, guessing to see how last years award winning top internet troll of the year played out. :mrgreen:

Last active: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:22 pm
PAL

Post by PAL »

Notice Chitta has not responded or entered into the fray. A great loss. Sigh.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

pasayten wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:58 am
Chitta wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:01 pm The REAL community is rather chuffed to see the most vociferous, ill informed hypocrites relegated to a private safe space for their incessant ego begging. Please continue.
Well welcome to joining our vociferous, ill informed hypocrites ranks! HERE all are welcome... even the trolls...

By the look at the number of views, this has become a very popular place... :-)
Chitta probably has the most quoted post and it was an excellent 1st post troll of the forum.🌟
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Chitta wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:01 pm The REAL community is rather chuffed to see the most vociferous, ill informed hypocrites relegated to a private safe space for their incessant ego begging. Please continue.
Well welcome to joining our vociferous, ill informed hypocrites ranks! HERE all are welcome... even the trolls...

By the look at the number of views, this has become a very popular place... :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

"In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception. Wikipedia"

"Trolls are people who leave intentionally provocative or offensive messages on the internet in order to get attention, cause trouble or upset someone.
https://www.bbc.co.uk › zfmkrj6
Why do people troll and what can you do about it? - BBC Bitesize"
PAL

Post by PAL »

"The OED says chuffed is originally military slang, and has both meanings. The "pleased, satisfied" meaning has four quotations from 1957 to 1967, whilst the "displeased, disgruntled" meaning has two, in 1960 and 1964."
"Chitta - The Cosmic Intelligence
The fourth category of the mind is called chitta. Chitta is mind without memory – pure intelligence. This intelligence is like the cosmic intelligence – simply there. Everything happens because of that. It does not function out of memory – it simply functions. In a way, what you call cosmos is a living mind, not in the sense of intellect but in the sense of chitta. Chitta is the last point of the mind. It connects to the basis of creation within you. It connects you with your consciousness.

Chitta is always on – whether you are awake or asleep. Your intellect comes on and goes off. Many times it fails, even when you are awake. If chitta or the intelligence within you was not always on, you could not stay alive. Try to conduct your breath with your intellect – you will go crazy. Chitta is keeping you alive, keeping you going, making life happen. If you touch this dimension of your mind, which is the linking point to one’s consciousness, you do not even have to wish for anything, you do not have to dream of anything – the best possible thing that can happen to you will anyway happen."

Uh, it appears that Chitta is way beyond us. So we humble ourselves before you and become how you want us to be.
Would be nice if you would sign your name.
Pearl
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Where is that safe space? I would think it would at least be entertaining reading and perhaps we can direct folks there who would appreciate a good laugh or too.

Oh, and no American describes others as "chuffed".
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Chitta

Post by Chitta »

The REAL community is rather chuffed to see the most vociferous, ill informed hypocrites relegated to a private safe space for their incessant ego begging. Please continue.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Fun CH wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:28 pm ...
isn't that something that you're working on in the form of a private app for wildfire?
Actually, no.

I was convinced that the existing early warning system, such as it is, was woefully inadequate. After last summer I now know it is woefully inadequate and will eventually let people die. The short-term goal is to build a better wildfire warning system.

The free tier of the app will give people that early warning.

The other piece is that we know enough, if we know where a fire currently is, to predict with fairly high accuracy where there will be fire in the next 1 to 3 hours. However, the pieces you need aren't all made to fit together and they are often in the wrong place at the wrong time.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea: