The Covid vaccine map looks a lot like the election map

mister_coffee

Re: The Covid vaccine map looks a lot like the election map

Post by mister_coffee »

Sure, if it is about freedom of choice it seems to me that quite a few people are choosing to die.

And if people want to make a decision like that, they need to man up and own that decision. So if you forego the vaccine and you get covid-19 and it goes the distance, you should also refuse any additional medical care. Since a lot of the vaccine refusers seem to think that covid is a hoax, I have a hard time understanding why none of them actually do that.

It is kind of like if somebody at Jonestown stood up and said, "The Flav-r-aid is poisoned? Nobody told me that!"

You could make an argument for being hesitant about the covid vaccines in March or April, but I think that argument got very stale by July or August. These vaccines have been the most closely watched in history and we have very good data on their safety, which is remarkably high and is arguably safer than a lot of over-the-counter medications
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

It’s almost like they believe in freedom of choice and body autonomy? So weird! Course, vax skepticism first came from Joe and his veep and there really is a lot of issues regarding information and the ever changing rules.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

This has been going on and noticeable since late July and August. Pretty much nationwide county-by-county (and to a lesser extent inside counties) vaccination rates track closely to the vote for Biden.

There are some odd outliers (e.g. Baker County, OR and Whitman County, WA) but the overall trend is really clear. And it tracks well with polls that more Republicans, in particular Republican men over the age of 50, are likely to say they will never take any COVID-19 vaccine.

This is also translating to higher hospitalization rates and death rates (and the COVID-19 fatality rates in 2021 closely track the Trump vote) amongst Trump voters.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
pasayten

The Covid vaccine map looks a lot like the election map

Post by pasayten »

Didn't know whether to post this in the Covid or Politics forum... :-)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-c ... i=BB141NW3
pasayten
Ray Peterson