To all Trump bashers...Tell me one thing Biden has done great?

pasayten

Re: To all Trump bashers...Tell me one thing Biden has done great?

Post by pasayten »

To all Trump bashers...Tell me one thing Biden has done great?
He hasn't backed down to Putin like Trump would have and hasn't pulled us out of NATO...

I am not a democrat, but good to have a real president in the Whitehouse regardless of the party.
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Quote: "This Biden Boom has been particularly strong for workers—who have access to better-paying jobs—"

Way to go Brandon.

This is major.

Remember Obama/Biden did a simular thing by pouring tax payer money back into the economy which boosted the economy after Bush crashed it due to continued easing of banking regulations. That occurred after Clinton got rid of a key banking regulation.

"Known as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), GLBA repealed aspects of the Glass-Steagall Act (1933) and the Bank Holding Company Act (1956), removing barriers that previously separated banking companies, securities companies and insurance companies, and that prohibited commercial banks from underwriting most bonds, ..."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... xLrUsREgUr
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
PAL

Post by PAL »

Yes! The facts don't lie.
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

From CAP:

'Though the United States faces serious economic challenges amid the ongoing global pandemic, 2021 was an extraordinary year of economic growth and recovery. The country saw record job gains and an unprecedented drop in unemployment. The economy likely grew faster than in any year since 1984, as measured by real gross domestic product (GDP). In 2021, the economy not only regained all pandemic-related GDP losses—it also surpassed pre-pandemic levels. Despite elevated inflation, Americans’ disposable incomes were higher in 2021 in real (inflation-adjusted) terms than they were in 2019 and 2020. Additionally, by many important measures such as savings and bank balances, Americans are more financially secure. The United States also made dramatic progress in lowering its exceptionally high rate of child poverty.

None of this was inevitable. Rather, it was the result of bold policies that bolstered the recovery and provided direct aid to households, most importantly the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and the COVID-19 vaccine program. Much of this aid was disbursed to families hit hardest by the devastating economic impact of the pandemic: the unemployed, the poor, and families struggling with the high costs of raising children. Bold federal action helped families make ends meet through additional stimulus checks; expanded unemployment insurance benefits; expanded monthly child tax credit payments; and other policies. These policies addressed weaknesses in the social safety net that became more acute during the pandemic but existed well beforehand. And many of these interventions were temporary. Much work remains to not only ensure a strong recovery but also to extend progress beyond the pre-pandemic status quo toward an economy that works for all.

While the challenges are urgent and real, the fact is that, by so many key measures, the economy today is booming. This Biden Boom has been particularly strong for workers—who have access to better-paying jobs—and are seeing their wages growing after decades of seeing economic benefits accrue to the wealthy and corporations.

More jobs were added, and unemployment fell faster than ever before
The U.S. economy has added jobs in record numbers since President Biden took office, gaining an average of 565,000 per month, and 6.2 million in total from January 2021 through December 2021.

The unemployment rate fell at a record pace (see Figure 2)—and much faster than economic experts projected before the passage of ARPA. (see Figure 3) Last February, the Congressional Budget Office forecasted that the U.S. unemployment rate would not reach 3.9 percent until 2026. Thanks to ARPA, that benchmark was reached four years earlier.

Every broad sector of the economy gained jobs in 2021. The private sector accounted for 5.9 million of the 6.2 million total jobs created from January to December.

Strong growth brought output above its pre-pandemic level
In the second quarter of 2021, the United States surpassed its pre-pandemic level of economic output. The United States was the first country in the G-7—the seven leading advanced economies—to recover all real GDP lost during the pandemic. (see Figure 5) Real GDP growth is estimated to be 5.5 percent for 2021, which would be the highest rate of GDP growth in nearly four decades.

Real disposable incomes were up and poverty fell despite inflation
Severe pandemic-related disruptions to supply chains amid the global recovery, coupled with changing consumer buying patterns, led to increased levels of inflation in 2021. Prices were substantially higher for many goods and services. But even with inflation taken into account, Americans still had more disposable income—that is, money available to spend or save as one wishes—in 2021 than in either 2020 or 2019. This is the result of several factors, including employment gains, wage growth—particularly amongst low-wage workers—and the direct aid to families provided by ARPA, including the $1,400-per-person economic impact payments and the major expansion of the child tax credit.

Though rising prices led to a sense of unease, by a host of measures, Americans’ financial security was generally stronger than in prior years. Propelled by gains in home values and retirement savings, the net wealth of the bottom 80 percent of Americans by income increased by $4 trillion during the first three quarters of 2021. Retirement security was greatly enhanced for many Americans, with the stock market seeing large gains in 2021: The S&P 500 went up 27 percent and notched 70 all-time highs in 2021, a record that is second only to 1995. Americans also had more money in their checking accounts, particularly low-income families.

40%
decline in foreclosures

25%
decline in bankruptcies

0.7%
of all debt became seriously delinquent, compared to 1.7% last year.

One of the most important parts of ARPA was a substantial expansion of the child tax credit. ARPA increased the credit from $2,000 per child to $3,000—and $3,600 for children under age 6. Crucially, ARPA extended the full benefit of the child tax credit to the families of 27 million low-income children who had previously been fully or partially excluded. And, for the first time, the child tax credit was paid out on a monthly basis, with families receiving up to $250 or $300 per child beginning in July 2021. The child tax credit had an immediate and dramatic impact when monthly payments started in July. The child poverty rate was nearly 30 percent lower than it would have been without the expanded child tax credit and fell 38 percent over the course of the year. And the number of families with children reporting that they were experiencing food insufficiency dropped by 37 percent.

Workers were empowered to take better jobs
In 2021, workers, particularly low-wage workers, regained power in the labor market and used that power to demand better quality jobs and higher wages. Contrary to what headlines heralding a “Great Resignation” may suggest, workers are not quitting jobs to sit on the sidelines. (see Figure 9) Instead, they are switching jobs for higher pay and better benefits and working conditions. Low-wage workers in particular experienced strong wage growth. Americans also applied to start new businesses in record numbers in 2021.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Now you're gettin' funny. King or Queen of prattle.
Pearl Cherrington
Chitta

Post by Chitta »

Just spoiled children with endless excuses backed by a failed public education at best, you're welcome for the insight and a shred of something called honesty. Sorry it was soo far out of grasp. Please continue to pamper your little egos while you still can. I will not hold my breath(unless I smell your democrap).
PAL

Post by PAL »

He did say he/she was a nut job. Chitta please review, since you are carrying this as your name. Are you living up to it?

Meaning of Chitta
Chitta is one of the four aspects of consciousness. The aspect of chitta allows for subjectivity, one’s emotional reaction, affected by what it sees and its own nature. For example, if a bitter taste affects one negatively, then one’s perception of a bitter tasting fruit will be negative. (2) The other three aspects of mind are manas (perceiving mind) buddhi (intelligence), and ahankara (ego). (3)

In various translations of the yoga sutras, chitta is sometimes defined as “mind-stuff” (4) or “the lower mind.” (5) However, according to Swami Kriyananda “feeling” is a more precise translation because feeling can go either outward to ego consciousness, which creates lower aspects of the mind, or inward and upward to higher consciousness qualities like self-control, devotion, and calmness.

Patanjali says that yoga “neutralizes” or calms chitta, rather than destroying it. Yoga results in the experience of the vortices of feeling — whirlpools of desire and attachment — as a calm ocean of feeling. This stills the mind and allows one to perceive God. (6) In the body, chitta is centered in the heart. (7)

References
↩ The Art and Science of Raja Yoga, Swami Kriyananda. Step Two, “The Paths of Yoga.”
↩ Demystifying Patanjali, Swami Kriyananda. The Fourth Book, “Kaivalya Pada.”
↩ God Is for Everyone, by Swami Kriyananda. Chapter 10, “The Science of Religion.”
↩ The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, James Haughton Woods. Book I, “Concentration or Samadhi.”
↩ A Commentary on the Voice of Silence, Charles Webster Leadbeater, Annie Besant. Chapter 3, “The Slayer of the Real.”
↩ Demystifying Patanjali, Swami Kriyananda. The First Book, “Samadhi Pada.”
↩ Demystifying Patanjali, by Swami Kriyananda. Book 1, Sutra 2, “Yoga is the neutralization of the vortices of feeling.”
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Chitta wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:44 am If you have to resort to making a bomb threat, grow some balls and do it....
This poor guy needs some help.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

Guess they think it is Toddly from the other BB. Not his style really. (refuge of the poser) Hmm, misspelling of poster or does he/she mean poser?
The Valley depends heavily on these groomed trails to keep the economy going. Trails are for the enjoyment of all. It's not all elitist. The people that demand trails for dogs also need to clean it up, that's all I was saying.
Yep fossil fuel is used so that's not environmentally friendly. What are you gonna do?
But different post. It goes on the Winter Activities post.
Chitta is hung up on the polls and voting. Afraid of something. Lashing out.
I still know who they are.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Todd,who are talking to exactly? And more importantly, what are you going on about?
Who is Todd? Why is Chitta being addressed this way? I must have missed something... :?:

Certainly not thinking of the the Todd/Wolf thread on the old methownet bb???
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Chitta

Post by Chitta »

If you have to resort to making a bomb threat, grow some balls and do it. Don't hide behind Hollywood(refuge of the poser). Folks have been ego preaching about their "care" of the environment and the poor then turning around and demanding the endless grooming of elite/private ski trails. Anything but to face a mirror. And yes I am a complete nut job or I would not bother with such astounding hypocrisy. Just pretend not to understand, it will continue to help at the polls.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

"The big reveal of the pandemic was how many crazy people there are. That was a bit of a surprise. We all knew there were some unabombers out there, but nobody thought there were that many. Or that we were related to a couple of 'em. Everyone had that relative or friend who came out as bonkers: 'I no longer believe in reality.' Good to know. It was like a gender reveal for insanity."

Jim Gaffigan
Chitta

Post by Chitta »

Soo ashamed of your hypocrisy that you are forced to feign ignorance. HAHAHA!
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Hughesnet is his internet provider... Let's let him troll/rant and maybe he will reach his data limit... Maybe have to pay for overage or be throttled down... :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
PAL

Post by PAL »

You are weird and just talking out your....I know who you are.
You certainly aren't contributing to this board.
Ray, what say you?
Pearl Cherrington
Chitta

Post by Chitta »

What a wonderful neighbor, excusing preposterous energy waste and carbon release by playing trail marm and "repurposing" a bit of plastic crap. Soo simple and easy, wow the integrity and exactly why you should not be allowed to breed or vote. Now go play on your perfect snow until the Biden inflation forces you to contribute something of actual value.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Hey, Chitta Chitta Bang Bang is back! And saying nothing and moralizing and lecturing us. Yep, listen to Trump and see his actions. It's on videos and it's not all MSM, etc.
Why come back to this BB if you despise us?
Oh, and being a chicken---- and not signing their name.
Pearl, like this. It's easy. And live up to what chitta means, huh.
Pearl Cherrington
Chitta

Post by Chitta »

Better try again on that conversation with the sec. of state, words do matter, including how to spell them. "speach" HAHAHA
It is people like you that got Trump elected in the first place so PLEASE continue and we'll see proof in the pudding at election time!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

haha, no the curiosity to ferret out the truth is what bears the fruit discovery. Take a look at the newer topic that discusses the Durham investigation that is now literally being laughed out of the courts.
Chitta

Post by Chitta »

Don't worry, MSM tells you EXACTLY what to think!
Chitta

Post by Chitta »

As expected, your infantile echo chamber of ignorance cannot handle the Durham FACTS, please don't breed or vote!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Well, he hasn't gone golfing...but seriously, the accomplishments are pretty easy to relate:

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-bigg ... nt-1670763

and the article came out last month so it doesn't include the huge jump in employment stats
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/04/economy/ ... index.html

And even the Salt Lake Tribune from bright red Utah is applauding
https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/letters/ ... icans-are/
tristanbgilb

Post by tristanbgilb »

I hold Obama and Biden both responsible as for this attack and torture that occurred to me at the Mann-Grandstaff Spokane VA under their administration. They won't acknowledge it happened let alone give me the simple apology I requested.
tristanbgilb wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:18 pm For my Christian faith, cannabis is the cornerstone of my prayer. Created by my God, and bearing seed that is viable, I must concur that not allowing for religious medical use is a crime against humanity. I suffered from this crime at the VA Hospital in Spokane, WA as security and nurses tormented and beat me down forcefully injecting me with Haldol causing me to go into a seizure. While chemically restrained with a torn mouth from personnel needing to forcefully open my jaw and get my tongue out of my throat, my cannabis in my pocket was taken from me and never returned. I went months with no medicine and lacking an ability to meditate and commune with my God. Cannabis Rights must be restored in this Nation so Veterans like myself can seek medical treatment in VA Facilities and remain medicated with cannabis. I have often pleaded for anything even a synthetic like Marinol in order to bear the pains of life without my sacrament. For this, you have the ability to move forward with Medical Cannabis to be used for VA Treatments. I am not necessarily saying raw flowers like so many enjoy. I need to grow them myself to stay in good graces with my lord. I need pharmaceutical grade hemp oils in capsules to alleviate the pains of my cervical spine degeneration. Thank you for your time.
I went to primary care recently in Wenatchee VA. There was no pressure for injections. I simply told her that if she wants me to get it she could get security to beat me up inject me with poison again as I am strapped down and helpless.

Image <=NUCLEAR BUTTONImage

KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp WA
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

PAL wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:20 pm ... But is requiring the vaccine quite the same thing? When it is considered good for society as a whole. I guess I considered it my patriotic duty to take it.
There is literally over a century of legal and medical discussions on that very topic in the United States and for that matter the rest of the world.

Consider Jacobsen v. Massachusetts (1905): https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/197/11/
The liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States does not import an absolute right in each person to be at all times, and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint, nor is it an element in such liberty that one person, or a minority of persons residing in any community and enjoying the benefits of its local government, should have power to dominate the majority when supported in their action by the authority of the State.

It is within the police power of a State to enact a compulsory vaccination law, and it is for the legislature, and not for the courts, to determine
in the first instance whether vaccination is or is not the best mode for the prevention of smallpox and the protection of the public health.
That is a Supreme Court decision that hasn't been overturned and seems to settle any legal or constitutional issues on compulsory vaccinations.

Also, if you consider the laws and procedures with respect to tuberculosis in Washington State, ( https://www.doh.wa.gov/portals/1/docume ... manual.pdf ) it also makes it pretty clear that the state can make you take a medication or indefinitely detain you whether you want to or not. Similar laws are on the books in nearly all other states.

It seems to me a no-brainer if such measures are legally permissible that requiring vaccination as a condition of attending school, having a certain job, or patronizing a business that requires vaccination should also be legally permissible.

So any individual rights to bodily autonomy come a distant second to ensuring that other people aren't being infected.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:20 pm I get body autonomy, being a woman. My body, my choice. But is requiring the vaccine quite the same thing? When it is considered good for society as a whole. I guess I considered it my patriotic duty to take it.
Pearl
For What It's Worth, here is an Article on vaccination obligation in the US that explodes the question you ask.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5498765/

Quote from that Article

"All states allow vaccination exemptions for medical reasons, additionally until 2015, almost all states allowed vaccine exemptions based on religious or philosophical grounds [7,8]. The increase in the number of parents refusing to vaccinate their children resulted in 20% of children not receiving the recommended vaccines for medical and non-medical reasons. The California Department of Public Health (DPH) revealed that, in California, the number of vaccination refusals has doubled since 2007 [9]. What is more, recent years proved that the outbreaks of diseases considered to be ‘defeated’ are beginning to re-occur [10,11]. It has been proven that many populations have a decreased herd immunity, which in the United States was the reason for an outbreak of measles in California (Disneyland measles). This in turn forced the implementation of more rigorous laws mandating vaccinations [12,13]. Since the beginning of 2015, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta registered 127 cases of infection associated with the outbreak of this epidemic. In 2014, California became much more restrictive concerning personal exemptions, requiring parents seeking such exemptions to obtain a certificate from the doctor that they were informed on the diseases that could be prevented using vaccinations. Soon afterwards, this solution proved insufficient. In April 2015, California’s legislature proposed removing personal beliefs (religious, philosophical) as reasons for refusing vaccinations, which in turn initiated a public, wide-range debate on the limitations of freedoms and rights granted to an individual [13]. Additionally, in June 2015, Bill SB 277 was passed, markedly narrowing the exceptions relating to the possibility of refusing vaccinations of children. California became the third state, after West Virginia and Mississippi to prohibit exemptions from immunization based on religious and/or philosophical beliefs. In respecting autonomy, the introduced law forbids admitting children to private and public nurseries and primary and secondary schools (and other public social institutions) without being vaccinated according to the established vaccination schedule. This does not pertain to children who have a medical exemption or those who have home schooling [13]. Such a solution, put into practice, limits the availability of public and private education, simultaneously leaving parents with the freedom of choice (home schooling), however, it may also lead to practices aimed at obtaining the medical exemption from vaccinations [13]. Critics postulate a referendum where the public would comment on this issue"
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King