Third doses

mister_coffee

Re: Third doses

Post by mister_coffee »

alfrandell wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:43 pm david, i am not sure that the different vaccines work together in any helpful way.
It appears from multiple studies that if you mix vaccine types you get a stronger immune response:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3

The above links to better papers describing more completely what appears to be going on. Note that it is still Early Days.

In less technical terms, what appears to be happening is that while the Spike Protein in COVID is pretty well conserved (meaning it doesn't change much) it isn't 100 percent identical. Each vaccine is going to express a slightly different version of the spike protein. So teaching your body about different yet very similar versions of the spike protein probably, or possibly, will trigger a more effective immune response.

Again, early days.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:53 am will be much more difficult for a variant to evolve around different types of vaccine than to evolve around one type.
what is your source for that information?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I think it will be interesting in the near future because they will also likely approve mixing different kinds of vaccine. That will be good news because it will be much more difficult for a variant to evolve around different types of vaccine than to evolve around one type.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Got the Pfizer booster today at a drive thru event at the Aero Methow Winthrop facility... Well organized and efficient... No reaction just like the two other earlier shots except for a slight sore arm. Now my cells have a sustaining dose of the smart instructions... and my data is updated in the big government tracking database... and I can easily go to Canada... :-)
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:59 pm There was such 2013 law. This is a deeply confused reference to a 2013 Supreme Court Decision.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-858056718583
CLAIM: People who received COVID-19 vaccines are now legally patented and no longer have human rights. This is because a 2013 U.S. Supreme Court ruling in the case of Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics, Inc. said that if a human genome is modified by mRNA vaccines then the genome can be patented.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The posts misrepresent the court ruling. Humans cannot be patented, regardless of whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines do not alter people’s DNA.

THE FACTS: An Instagram post circulating online falsely claims that mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 alter DNA, allowing humans to be patented and have their rights taken away.

But COVID-19 vaccines, including those made by Pfizer and Moderna that rely on mRNA technology, do not change a person’s genetic makeup.

The false post cites the 2013 U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics, Inc. to back up its claim, but the ruling makes no mention of mRNA vaccines. Nor does the ruling say vaccinated humans can be patented.

In fact, it has been a longstanding rule that anything found in nature, including people, cannot be patented, said Lara Cartwright-Smith, associate professor in the department of health policy and management at George Washington University.

The case before the Supreme Court looked at whether Myriad Genetics, Inc. could patent the sequences of gene mutations that can lead to breast cancer. The company’s test created cDNA, which is a clone or copy of the DNA, to test for the mutations.

The Supreme Court ruled that the company could patent synthetically created cDNA because it was not natural, but could not patent the isolated human genes.

“Natural DNA is not patentable,” said Cartwright-Smith. “The copy that they made is patentable.”

Cartwright-Smith said the post online that cites the court ruling is nonsensical.

“The conclusion that it would somehow affect the status of the person is also completely false,” she said.

___

This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.
I have to wonder if "Mr. Helicoptor" is having a mental health crisis or is being very creative with the chemicals he chooses to abuse. In either case, I sincerely hope he gets help.
David, that attack seems completely uncalled for and is defamitory. As Ray says, the best way to fight misinformation is with facts, which you did in the first part fact check. Why couldn't you just leave it at that?

Based on your past posts, your sincerity is disingenuous. Perhaps this kind of language is better suited over at the Methownet BB where extremist left-wing views appear to be championed.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

There was such 2013 law. This is a deeply confused reference to a 2013 Supreme Court Decision.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-858056718583
CLAIM: People who received COVID-19 vaccines are now legally patented and no longer have human rights. This is because a 2013 U.S. Supreme Court ruling in the case of Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics, Inc. said that if a human genome is modified by mRNA vaccines then the genome can be patented.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The posts misrepresent the court ruling. Humans cannot be patented, regardless of whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines do not alter people’s DNA.

THE FACTS: An Instagram post circulating online falsely claims that mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 alter DNA, allowing humans to be patented and have their rights taken away.

But COVID-19 vaccines, including those made by Pfizer and Moderna that rely on mRNA technology, do not change a person’s genetic makeup.

The false post cites the 2013 U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics, Inc. to back up its claim, but the ruling makes no mention of mRNA vaccines. Nor does the ruling say vaccinated humans can be patented.

In fact, it has been a longstanding rule that anything found in nature, including people, cannot be patented, said Lara Cartwright-Smith, associate professor in the department of health policy and management at George Washington University.

The case before the Supreme Court looked at whether Myriad Genetics, Inc. could patent the sequences of gene mutations that can lead to breast cancer. The company’s test created cDNA, which is a clone or copy of the DNA, to test for the mutations.

The Supreme Court ruled that the company could patent synthetically created cDNA because it was not natural, but could not patent the isolated human genes.

“Natural DNA is not patentable,” said Cartwright-Smith. “The copy that they made is patentable.”

Cartwright-Smith said the post online that cites the court ruling is nonsensical.

“The conclusion that it would somehow affect the status of the person is also completely false,” she said.

___

This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.
I have to wonder if "Mr. Helicoptor" is having a mental health crisis or is being very creative with the chemicals he chooses to abuse. In either case, I sincerely hope he gets help.
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

PAL wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:31 pm Back at me, aye? Chris you try so hard. You don't need to waste your time trying to get me to see who is right, who is wrong. You did me a great favor in coming at me,( which you will deny,) I spent so much less time bickering back and forth with you, hence I felt better about myself.
It does no good to express myself on here. Many people are accepting of me. You are the only one that comes at me. I know, I am so wrong in all of my opinions. You even corrected me and said my opinion was inaccurate.
So adios again. I did not get kicked off the other BB. They kicked you off because it was the same thing, going round and round. Not moving forward. Maybe I have that wrong. You requested to be taken off?
Pearl
yea, whatever.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

All I hear is a very faint and yet mildly annoying buzzing sound...
PAL

Post by PAL »

Back at me, aye? Chris you try so hard. You don't need to waste your time trying to get me to see who is right, who is wrong. You did me a great favor in coming at me,( which you will deny,) I spent so much less time bickering back and forth with you, hence I felt better about myself.
It does no good to express myself on here. Many people are accepting of me. You are the only one that comes at me. I know, I am so wrong in all of my opinions. You even corrected me and said my opinion was inaccurate.
So adios again. I did not get kicked off the other BB. They kicked you off because it was the same thing, going round and round. Not moving forward. Maybe I have that wrong. You requested to be taken off?
Pearl
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:03 pm The truth is the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are a sad, pathetic, minority.

They are dead-enders (sometimes literally dead). We won't miss them when they are thrown into the trashcan of history.
And Pearl thought you were just reacting emotionally one time for simular language directed towards the vaccine hesitant.

Thanks for showing us your true self.

See Pearl, do you really believe this guy had a mask pulled from his face without provocation if that really happened?

Oh forgot, you're "done with" me because I tried to expose you to reality.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. David has provided none when asked.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

The truth is the anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are a sad, pathetic, minority.

They are dead-enders (sometimes literally dead). We won't miss them when they are thrown into the trashcan of history.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Well last I checked there are more Anti Vaxers and Anti maskers. So if you could kindly take your scared, kool-aid drinking, mask wearing, Vacinated arse's elsewhere, WE The People of the Methow Valley would greatly appreciate it...Thanks the locals.
FOR THE RECORD...When I say Local, it refers to born and raised in Okanogan County. I don't care if you have been here 20 years, You're not a LOCAL...get it straight.

Sorry Italian... Times have changed... You are a minority now... Last I read, Winthrop is over 70% vaccinanted... Okanogan County may be red, but the Methow Valley is now blue... As an anti-trump Republican, I fear Trump has destroyed the Republican Party... Welcome to your new world.

President/Vice President - Precinct Results 11/03/2020

Joseph R. Biden Donald J. Trump
CARLTON 53 40
MAZAMA 242 43
METHOW 59 98
TWISP RURAL 71 24
WOLF CREEK 82 35
WINTHROP RURAL 115 41
BEAVER CREEK 82 78
BLACK CANYON 51 73
EDELWEISS 176 31
FINLEY CANYON 62 81
LIBBY CREEK 88 90
POORMAN CREEK 68 93
TWIN LAKES 118 112
WEST CHEWUCH 92 84
AIRPORT 66 44
BALKY HILL 60 28
BRIDGE CREEK 87 25
DAVIS LAKE 94 44
LEWIS BUTTE 162 45
MCCLURE MTN 120 65
MOCCASIN LAKE 124 50
PATTERSON LAKE 132 38
PEARRYGIN LAKE 81 27
TWISP #1 112 61
TWISP #2 96 55
WINTHROP #1 157 40
TWISP #3 138 122
TWISP #4 0 0
WINTHROP #2 120 31
LEECHER MTN 54 72
ALTA LAKE 33 66

Methow Valley 2995 1736
63% 37%
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Italian_Helicoptor wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:38 pm
mister_coffee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:29 pm So what I hear you saying is that you are refusing a proven safe, potentially life saving medication that is offered to you at no cost because somebody hurt your feelings?

My own personal theory is that all of the anti vaxxers are just afraid of needles.
That is a big fat negative, I used to be an EMT/IV tech. I have many of blood draws along with donating many pints of blood and plasma. Im NOT scared of needles one bit. I simply do not in my personal opinion think I need the Vax. If you want it go get it, if you have it then fine, neat but to bash on other for not getting it or switching on people for not wearing masks. YOU NEED TO JUST STAY IN YOUR LANE AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
I've been telling them the very same thing for a long time.

Someone's medical decision's and choices are their own business.

As with most vaccines, even people who are vaccinated can catch the disease, many more likely being asymptomatic and can still pass it along to others.

The blame and shame crowd says follow the science but the science says blaming and shaming people doesn't work if their goal is to convince people to get the vaccine.

But that's obviously not their goal because they keep at it.

They also discount the fact that acquiring natural immunity by having contracted Covid 19 results in "rare" cases of reinfection and that word usage according to the CDC.

One other fact they won't mention is that the pandamic is slowing and that is the result of both vaccine immunity and those people who have acquired natural immunity.
Italian_Helicoptor

Post by Italian_Helicoptor »

alfrandell wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:00 am it is a percentage deal....
you will need to use every tool to stay alive now.
you need vaccinations, real filter masks, great food, low stress, etc.
no single thing helps very much with 1000 times as many organisms leaking from the infected.
I suspect that the stimulation felt from getting the jab is a mental result.
It would be hard to test this assertion.

so yes, i will be getting another dose of something, and have already obtained masks and sheilds for this winter.
It is possible that we will be locked down again.
depending on the hit that we take, there could be a complete lock down, with national guard troups throwing food near our mail boxes. Check points on roads, etc.

again, i suggest using every tactic to survive.
shopping in off times, keeping anti maskers away from you, preventing visits to the property, vaccine, masks, etc.
Well last I checked there are more Anti Vaxers and Anti maskers. So if you could kindly take your scared, kool-aid drinking, mask wearing, Vacinated arse's elsewhere, WE The People of the Methow Valley would greatly appreciate it...Thanks the locals.
FOR THE RECORD...When I say Local, it refers to born and raised in Okanogan County. I don't care if you have been here 20 years, You're not a LOCAL...get it straight.
BIDEN=> Biggest Idiot Democrats Ever Nominated
Not drinking your Kool aid!!
Not Vacinated, Never Will Be!!
My carbon footprint, is bigger then YOURS!!
Italian_Helicoptor

Fun CH wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:23 pm
PAL wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:33 pm Chris, when you say it made you feel younger and stronger for awhile, are you serious? It did me, both times. Maybe I was psyched up but it lasted about a week!
Pearl
yes, I'm serious. Felt like a sip from the fountain of youth.

Also, The day after both shots were big BC ski workout days...

Many covid long haulers also report feeling better after the vaccine.

Funny that people will trust taking horse wormer medication and not the vaccine.
Who the hell is taking horse workers? WTF are you talking about? Sounds like you need to be cut off the Kool aid buddy...hahaha
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Italian_Helicoptor wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:38 pm YOU NEED TO JUST STAY IN YOUR LANE AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
Except for the fact that you unvaccinated people are spreading the disease to people who can't be vaccinated, sometimes killing them.

And that you unvaccinated people are getting sick and filling up hospital beds and preventing other people who need emergency health care from getting it, sometimes killing them as well.

And it is all 99 percent preventable if you just got vaccinated.

Since your selfishness and ignorance are literally killing others I won't mind my own business and I will gladly get in your face and tell you how big a jerk you are being.

For all your expertise, you obviously haven't had any experience with easily communicable diseases. To be fair, most of us haven't since we haven't had one on a large scale like this for more than a century. But there are implications of such diseases and you need to think about them differently than you do about, say, people who get in auto accidents or people with emphysema.
Italian_Helicoptor

mister_coffee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:29 pm So what I hear you saying is that you are refusing a proven safe, potentially life saving medication that is offered to you at no cost because somebody hurt your feelings?

My own personal theory is that all of the anti vaxxers are just afraid of needles.
That is a big fat negative, I used to be an EMT/IV tech. I have many of blood draws along with donating many pints of blood and plasma. Im NOT scared of needles one bit. I simply do not in my personal opinion think I need the Vax. If you want it go get it, if you have it then fine, neat but to bash on other for not getting it or switching on people for not wearing masks. YOU NEED TO JUST STAY IN YOUR LANE AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

So what I hear you saying is that you are refusing a proven safe, potentially life saving medication that is offered to you at no cost because somebody hurt your feelings?

Italian_Helicoptor

mister_coffee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:34 am https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... nated-wom/

And fine, don't get vaccinated. It will just make you and yours weaker when the inevitable civil war comes...
HEY EVERYONE WE GOT A FACT CHECKER IN THE HOUSE...LOL YOU PROBABLY DRIVE WITH A MASK ON TOO...HAHA
Italian_Helicoptor

mister_coffee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:34 am https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... nated-wom/

And fine, don't get vaccinated. It will just make you and yours weaker when the inevitable civil war comes...
I'm good, well and healthy, maybe and just maybe if the government had not threatened me with the Vax. I might be a little more receptive to complying but for now FAFO
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

not sure fighting disinformation with misinformation and fear mongering is at all helpful, but still firmly part of your online MO. Are you like this in person also?

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2 ... civil-war/

"Take a deep breath. Despite the factors above, civil war is not inevitable. Indeed, that scenario faces several limiting factors that hopefully will stop the escalation of conflict. Historically, other than during the 1860s and the Reconstruction period, these kinds of forces have limited mass violence and kept the country together.

Most of the organizations talking about civil war are private, not public entities: When Southern states seceded in 1860, they had police forces, military organizations, and state-sponsored militias. That varies considerably from today, where the forces who have organized for internal violence are mostly private in nature. They are not sponsored by state or local governments and do not have the powers of government agencies. They are voluntary in nature and cannot compel others to join their causes."
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... nated-wom/

pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Italian_Helicoptor wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:09 am LOOK IT UP...your other fearless or worthless leader Obama aka buckwheat. Signed and passed a law back in 2013 stating that anyone that injects or get injected with gene modifying DNA or other substraight will lose there rights as a US citizen and become property of the US government. So get the jab you now have new owners, I'm seriously encouraging everyone to look it up. Otherwise hows that Kool aid taste?
Cheers,
False claims tie patents to COVID-19 vaccines
By BEATRICE DUPUY
July 13, 2021

___

pasayten
Ray Peterson
Italian_Helicoptor

Re: Is this the covidian cult line?

mister_coffee wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:09 am
Italian_Helicoptor wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:02 am So how many of you are going to be dumb enough to keep getting these gene modifying vaccines? ...
These vaccines don't modify your genes. You must be thinking of some other vaccine that does not exist.
Kinda weird how the vaccine site of my friend, she is in health care and it her CHOICE to get it...has since had two different chip readers ping on her Vax site. Inquiring she found her information the dates of vaccine and he arm glows in a black light.
Cheers
Italian_Helicoptor

pasayten wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:08 am I trust the science and will be getting my booster tomorrow... Then also plan to get a flu shot... Easy peasy... What's your plan Italy?
First off to keep my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th ammendment rights. LOOK IT UP...your other fearless or worthless leader Obama aka buckwheat. Signed and passed a law back in 2013 stating that anyone that injects or get injected with gene modifying DNA or other substraight will lose there rights as a US citizen and become property of the US government. So get the jab you now have new owners, I'm seriously encouraging everyone to look it up. Otherwise hows that Kool aid taste?
Cheers,