To all Trump bashers...Tell me one thing Biden has done great?

PAL

Re: To all Trump bashers...Tell me one thing Biden has done great?

Post by PAL »

Forgive my stupidity. I am not good with acronyms. FWIW, I could spend hours or maybe I should google what that stands for. And I guess I missed Ken's reasons.
That Godwin's law is something to think about. And it does seem that many discussions end up talking about Covid. There is not one conversation I have had when talking with people, albeit limited, that we don't end up talking or mentioning Covid.
Into the woods, no talking about it.
I get body autonomy, being a woman. My body, my choice. But is requiring the vaccine quite the same thing? When it is considered good for society as a whole. I guess I considered it my patriotic duty to take it.
Pearl
I did just google FWIW and wow pages of how it is used, why, where. I now have a PH.d in FWIW.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

mister_coffee wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 pm I think Godwin's law has to be extended for the pandemic: any thread that is sufficiently long will eventually be an argument about COVID-19.

Isn't Godwins law itself a paradox (logically self contradictory statement) because the law itself brings up the subject of Nazi's every time its quoted online?
PAL wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:38 pm YOU Ken may well be perfectly strong and fit to weather Covid, but what about those that you may infect, that are not as strong or may not have as strong as immune system as you? What about them? Have you thought about that?
Also lets not forget that the vaccinated can infect the vulnerable although at a reduced risk. I agree, Ken could have been accommodated to reduce his risk of catching the virus, which FF have been doing anyway, and transmitting the virus. Masking, Testing, and possibly duty away from the public (social distancing).

From the CDC

Can you get COVID-19 after being vaccinated?

"Vaccinated people can still become infected and have the potential spread the virus to others, although at much lower rates than unvaccinated people. The risks of SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people are higher where community transmission of the virus is widespread."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 0htxKqtbiu
PAL wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:38 pm It sounds like you may be more against the mandate itself, the fact that it mandates against your choice.
FWIW, Ken has stated his reasons for not getting the vaccine.
dorankj wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:15 am I How does that answer how you would respond if your entire income over a 20+ year professional career was suddenly being yanked because you wish to honor basic rights of body autonomy and individual choice?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I think Godwin's law has to be extended for the pandemic: any thread that is sufficiently long will eventually be an argument about COVID-19.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies,[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1.[2][3] In less mathematical terms, the longer the discussion, the more likely a Nazi comparison becomes, and with long enough discussions, it is a certainty.

Promulgated by the American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's law originally referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] He stated that he introduced Godwin's law in 1990 as an experiment in memetics.[2] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms, and comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles, and other rhetoric[5][6] where reductio ad Hitlerum occurs.

In 2012, "Godwin's law" became an entry in the third edition of the Oxford English Dictionary.[7]
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

YOU Ken may well be perfectly strong and fit to weather Covid, but what about those that you may infect, that are not as strong or may not have as strong as immune system as you? What about them? Have you thought about that? It sounds like you may be more against the mandate itself, the fact that it mandates against your choice.
Isn't this pandemic a special circumstance, where the vaccine is for the overall good of a society? I asked questions, from many providers and knowledgeable people and weighed the vaccine against getting Covid. I chose, yes I did get to choose, the vaccine. And if I had a job that required it, especially in the health care field, law enforcement, firefighting(yeah right, I would never have been strong enough) I would have gotten it. To protect others against me and myself against the virus.
It would have been nice if your workplace could have made accommodations. I don't know what those would be. Masking?
In time do you think you would get vaccinated? Your reasons for not are?...as you probably would say, none of my business. There are those that thought their immune system was strong but they were struck down. And that is sad.
Just take care out there.
Pearl
I think this must go under Covid but I thought I was responding to Ken and David.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Well Ken, it appears some folks disagree with you.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Yes, the arm IS perfectly healthy that’s why it would be ridiculous to cut it off because some day it might possibly hit me and that strike might possibly kill me. That’s about as likely as me getting COVID, dying from COVID and or killing others with it. I too am perfectly healthy and even if I’ve had or get COVID will, based on extensive study and common sense will survive quite well with good (maybe superior) natural immunity setting me up for a future variant. Firing me for simply wanting to follow that process is egregious and completely unnecessary.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

It seems Ken is using a straw man argument. Nobody is asking anyone to cut their arm off or their children's arms off. Nobody is asking to take all of anyone's money. Those things just aren't happening.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

alfrandell wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:25 pm ken,
this is great conversation.
we are getting a little beyond personal attacks.
and, i see that you view the vaccine requirement as a very unwelcome and invasive infringement of your rights.
you wish to go on exactly as if covid had not become so prevalent.
any yes, i get the implied threat that domestic terrorists will attack without warning.
one locates the overly liberal person to be harmed, and puts their name on a list for others to do the business.
i am seeing threats and emotional pleas, but no real argument from you.
i wish that you would type out your reasons for refusing the vaccine, and if you also refuse to mask, what are your reasons for that.
please, no emotional stuff, like i am threatening your livelihood and you must strike out.
standing between your children and their safety.
treating you unfairly, because you are a republican?
hardly sir!
just type your reasons without attacking anyone else.
he has already stated that, but here is that quote
dorankj wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:15 am I How does that answer how you would respond if your entire income over a 20+ year professional career was suddenly being yanked because you wish to honor basic rights of body autonomy and individual choice?
Ken believes as I do that medical decisions and treatments are an individual's choice.

No doubt Inslee could have better accommodated the folks who risk their lives, especially during this pandemic, to serve the public in times of medical,accident or fire emergencies.

There is no need for a few to continue to disrespect these folks on the internet.

Alf, here are some definitions for the word liberal. Choose the words that you think apply to you.

adjective
willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
relating to or denoting a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.
Similar:
tolerant
unprejudiced
unbigoted
broad-minded
open-minded
enlightened
forbearing
permissive
free
free and easy
easygoing
laissez-faire
libertarian
latitudinarian
unbiased
impartial
nonpartisan
indulgent
lenient
lax
soft
Opposite:
narrow-minded
bigoted
noun
a supporter of policies that are socially progressive and promote social welfare.
a supporter of a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

It would be just as reasonable as your arguments for me to insist you cut your arm off because I’m concerned it might someday hit me and kill me. Come on, just do it, I think it’s best for MY safety and if you won’t I will get the government to take all your money everything you have and your ability to make money and survive going forward! Quite the choice there, isn’t it? And the latest issue, I’m going to demand we cut the arm off your children for the same reasoning. You really need to think through what you are supporting and demanding, I’m saying things publicly and you really know where I’m coming from. Others, especially parents protecting their children will give you no such insight or forewarning!
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Come say to my face I’m not a great firefighter, come see what I do at my job every shift and tell me I’m not a great firefighter, come find out what I’ve done for 30 years (24 professionally) and this last 18 months specific to this pandemic and tell me I’m not a great firefighter! You are a coward and an idiot and know nothing about what you speak, I seek and have never sought adulation or fanfare but I AM good at my job and have saved 1000’s of people. I do so willingly and without perfect protection for myself, I only ask to continue the work I’ve put my heart, soul and body into. Otherwise Alf, KMA jerk! Let’s go Brandon.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Off topic Alf! The management of this BB has stated that all comments need to fit the title of the post. The question is what has Jimmy Obiden done great, please stay on topic. And “let’s go Brandon!”
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Mickey M. wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:45 pm
Italian_Helicoptor wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm hrrrr, hrrrr, hrrrr, hrrrr
He beat Trump in the election. That's all Biden needed to do.
+1 for the win. Thank you.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I'm sorry, but January 6th taught us that Trump and his supporters are terrorists. They are the moral equivalent of Hamas and Hezbollah, with the exception that Hamas and Hezbollah actually do things of public merit like run schools and hospitals as well as murder people.

All Biden has to do ("all") to be a great president is bring the pandemic under control and preferably bring it to an end. The evidence is the "vaccine mandates" will likely do that. He did do a good job on organizing the vaccine rollout last spring, and a lot of us here got the jab because of his efforts.
I can understand (well, for generous values of "understand") how if you thought the vaccine had microchips or tentacle creatures in it that wouldn't be a positive. But you can't make everybody happy and I for one am all for prioritizing making normal people happy.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

They do both suck... Trumpism hate and division is just more damaging to the country.
pasayten
Ray Peterson
anonloser

Post by anonloser »

This is a nonsensical argument. You can't prove a positive case by disproving another. It's possible to think they both suck.

That's like saying, "You don't like having cancer? Tell me one good thing good about getting ebola."
Italian_Helicoptor

To all Trump bashers...Tell me one thing Biden has done great?

Post by Italian_Helicoptor »

So you hate Trump? Enlighten me with what this Biden guy has done to make America Great? Name one thing I will wait...right here.
BIDEN=> Biggest Idiot Democrats Ever Nominated
Not drinking your Kool aid!!
Not Vacinated, Never Will Be!!
My carbon footprint, is bigger then YOURS!!