Language Expert: Donald Trump's Way Of Speaking Is 'Oddly Adolescent'

Rideback

Re: Language Expert: Donald Trump's Way Of Speaking Is 'Oddly Adolescent'

Post by Rideback »

Ken's youtube is 6 years old, the reference was made to how he spoke then while in the middle of his presidency.
The current situation is profoundly different. He can no longer actually form words, his attention span is gone, he mixes up names and incidences, cannot speak to policies. It's a whole different situation he's facing now. Meanwhile, he's going broke from the judgments against him as he is not liquid enough to pay them and his real estate holdings would have to be sold at a firesale rate to satisfy the judgments. The monitor placed on his NY empire is looking into the latest bond posted by Chubb to satisfy the E Jean Carroll case and yet over the weekend he couldn't help himself at a rally and so yet again made the same statements about her and her case that he had just been found guilty by a jury of. Then he went on CNBC for an interview and repeated them a 2nd time...and as E Jean Carroll's team pointed out, CNBC is headquartered in Manhattan which would mean filing a 3rd suit would be pretty easy and warranted. Of course, since it would be in Manhattan the case would be brought before Judge Kaplan's court. Wash/Rinse/Repeat.

Since the 'Mar a Lago employee #5' has now come out to the public to talk about his role in moving the classified docs the public is reminded that even while Trump's lawyers were meeting with the FBI at MaL to sign papers that all the classified docs had been turned over, #5 recounted that he helped load boxes into Trump's Escalade where they were driven to the airport and loaded on the private jet for a trip to NJ. So, we have a guy who was president, who took govt property that did not belong to him, obstructed efforts by WH staff, the Nat'l Archives, DoJ, FBI and his own lawyers to turn that property over to its rightful owners, in possession today of that property which by anyone's account is valuable information, and he's scrambling for money to pay debts...and then there's the multiple times that Jack Smith's prosecutors have included in their recent filings the scenario that those docs could be sold...

Trump's state of mind is important now, national security is at risk which is why observing his inability to speak coherently is front and center.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

Meanwhile….this from 2018. Things ain’t getting any better!

IMG_1588.jpeg

I still think it’s untreated syphilis. End stage; paresis, blindness, mental breakdown. Either way - that or dementia - he’s gonna be tied to a chair with a drool cup in a couple years.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Remember it was the Trump administration that destroyed the playbook on protocols for a pandemic. I believe Obama set that up or even previous administrations.
It might have been 2021 when there were some deaths in the Valley that were from Covid. Not many however.
Way off subject, but in the state of Wa. Haley got more votes than any other states.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Jingles wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:34 am Sorry but 4 years ago I had already been banned from the other BB and to correct you statement that no one died from Covid died tell that to my neighbor who lost her husband even after having had the jab and 3 boosters, which were jokes to control the population
In that first wave in March of 2020 there were no confirmed COVID fatalities in the valley. Because we lacked reliable testing it is possible that there were fatalities.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Sorry but 4 years ago I had already been banned from the other BB and to correct you statement that no one died from Covid died tell that to my neighbor who lost her husband even after having had the jab and 3 boosters, which were jokes to control the population yes they said it was covid however seems strange there were no deaths due to flu, heart attacks, diabetes, alcoholism or any of the other causes that normal causes
Last edited by Jingles on Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Ohhhh, yeah, we are so much worse off than we were four years ago.

I'll remind all of you that four years ago this week, on the other BB, Vern was advocating that armed volunteers should close off the valley so no outsiders with COVID could get in and sicken us all. The rest of us were sterilizing our groceries.

Vern and the rest of us did not know then but I know now that COVID cases got here during the balloon festival that year. A lot of folks got wicked sick but fortunately nobody died, at least in that first wave. And that we can confirm.

The truth is the Rs hate America and hate what it stands for and are determined to destroy it. Go ahead and vote for them if you hate America. The Daily Show summed it up well last week.

Bluntly you have to be a total Fruit Loop to think that you were better off four years ago than you are today. Or that America was better off.

Four years ago:

1. Americans were being buried in mass graves
2. You couldn't even buy toilet paper
3. Unemployment was over 25 percent
4. Chances are you couldn't go outside to walk in a park
Last edited by mister_coffee on Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

pasayten wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:00 am And yet Ken and Vern still want him as president... Jeesh. :roll: :roll: :roll:
No not necessarily saying I want Trump as President but I sure as hell do not want another 4 years of Biden but when you only have the 2 options we are once again voting for the lessor of 2 evils.
Personally I'd prefer Noem or Ramaswamy anyone that is not part of the corrupt establishment
PAL

Post by PAL »

I googled it and yes, came up with Saul Alinsky. Ken said Alinsyites and that could be a made up name. It would mean followers of Alinsky.
Here is where I am. I don't have to follow someone else's philosophy or mode of operation. But what I want is for my views to be tolerated and for me to be able to tolerate Ken's views. That is as long as he doesn't want me to believe as he does. He has his views, I have mine. It is when each tries to impose and want the other to believe as they do. The " I am right, you are wrong." The "my way or the high way". Does it have to be this way?
I voted Republican in the primary. No, not for Trump. Because it is a given Biden will be the nominee. I wanted to see what the numbers will be for Haley. I wanted to add to that knowing full well I can vote how I want in the general. Not that my one lousy vote will make a difference. It was more of an experiement in my own mind.

Back to Trump's way of speaking. It might be less than adolescent.
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

The charges against Trump are stand alone, nor are they deflection of similar actions by anyone on the Left.
Your reference falls apart the minute you type it. Looking at your quote it seems likely that Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh, Steve Bannon, Alex Jones and Charlie Kirk (to name a few) are all devotees. Actually, I'd forgotten entirely about him but that's probably because he has nothing to do with how Trump has lost his ability to speak or think. But again, nice try.
Last edited by Rideback on Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Saul Alinsky devotees. ‘Always project on your opposition what you are doing’, ‘isolate them, mock and ridicule them so they believe they’re alone in their views’. But sure, you have no idea what it means.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

even google doesn't know what that word means Ken. Maybe you share Trump's affliction?
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

Alinksyites... Love to hear trump pronounce and use that in a sentence... :lol: :lol: :lol:
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

You guys’ level of projection is really off the charts! Good Alinksyites.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Nah, just trying to obscure truth with invective. And flooding the zone with $#!+ as one of the MAGA cult leaders so pithily put it.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Nice try to change the subject Ken.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Yep, just us two. Not millions of fellow citize……uh ‘deplorables’, got it. Where do you think the re-education camps will be? That’s what you dems do, forced shots and concentration camps. Definitely NOT 1984, ha!
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Today's testimony from Hur on the Biden classified docs where his report included commentary on Biden's memory.
https://crooksandliars.com/2024/03/nadl ... ump-saying
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

And yet Ken and Vern still want him as president... Jeesh. :roll: :roll: :roll:
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

It's been widely reported that his aides and staff within the campaign have gone to great lengths to protect him from media exposure. Reporters that have covered him for 10+ years as well as ex WH staff have noted publicly that he is not the same person, that his mind is diminished.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I just have to wonder. While I freely admit I lack the expertise to make any diagnosis, the people who work closely with Mr. Trump have to know that something is not right. Are they so blinded by whatever that they are pretending nothing is happening?

It gives me a small amount of sympathy for his lawyers who are trying to defend him in his many civil and criminal cases. Because every time he opens his mouth it will be some kind of admission against his interest.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ray, as your older clip talks about, Trump has always been unique. But the older clip can't address the current state of affairs of Trump's speech where he can no longer pronounce words much less remember names. He is suffering from aphasia and it is serious.
https://www.salon.com/2024/03/07/dr-joh ... -language/
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

trump is just plain nuts!!!
"Mush-mouthed and gaffes galore. Brace yourselves as Trump mumbles and slurs repeatedly, and often makes no sense at all, during speech in Rome, Georgia. Compare this performance to President Biden’s State of the Union address. (Video: RSBN)"
https://twitter.com/i/status/1767279721774244167
pasayten
Ray Peterson
pasayten

Language Expert: Donald Trump's Way Of Speaking Is 'Oddly Adolescent'

Post by pasayten »

Columbia University professor of linguistics John McWhorter joins to discuss the unique way Donald Trump speaks which is unlike any president America's had before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phsU1vVHOQI
pasayten
Ray Peterson