Comment On Navy Proposal to Expand Training Area in the Methow

Jingles

Re: Comment On Navy Proposal to Expand Training Area in the Methow

Post by Jingles »

They aren't low until the jet wash is moving the FOD, ( foreign object debris) litter on the road side
Seggenberger2

Post by Seggenberger2 »

Not just that but when he flew by us way up high, and tipped his wings, that's when dad tells you of how those fighter pilots protect us. So, let freedom ring, that's my opinion...I always appreciate those growlers and fighter pilots...:-)
Seggenberger2

Post by Seggenberger2 »

Ok, I'm excited to tell you about my story about the jets...I'm a hunter. Started young with my dad, in his jeep. We were up above north chewuch. About 5000' - 6000' And I must have been 6 or 7yrs old, one of my favorite memories is when the jet flew right by us and he looked at us and waved. I love the jets, love the memory, never see any harm in them. They usually go right over our camp low, we joke that they are practicing on us, my dad can barely walk now, so we stay in camp mostly, at least we have our memories and I love it. I live in twisp now.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I too am often looking down on the growlers who are flying in the Chewuch valley. There is no way they are operating with a hard deck of 11500 feet.

I remember that A-6 Intruders used to exercise flying at very low altitude in the upper Suiattle and White Chuck river valleys, all the way to the Great Fill. And by "very low" I mean at just above the tree tops. I always wondered what kind of stink it would have made if one of them would have crashed up there.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

R and B only once a year. Ice Rink, how late do they play the music? They are trying to do something about the lights.
There are some articles out that say the world is getting noisier. We are a noisy species. There have been studies done that say the noise does affect us. I'll see if I can round some links up.
I do wonder how hunters feel about the jets. This says lowest is 11,500 ft. But I have seen them eye level from my deck above Twisp River.
So at that low altitude would it spook the deer?
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

One of the apparent questions was has the navy considered this training in areas that will affect t wildlife less?
About the only Wildlife this affects is the 2 legged or the pampered dogs owned by equally pampesd owners.
I'm more annoyed by the noise from the ice rink and the noise they call music at the R & B Festival
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

The sound of freedom may be getting louder...

Background
The U.S Navy, based on Whidbey Island, is proposing the establishment of a new military operations area (MOA) in Okanogan County, extending the airspace west to Mazama and the east slopes of the Cascades. It does not propose to increase the number of flights, but rather redistribute some flights to the new area. The existing MOA includes much of the Methow Valley including Winthrop and Twisp, from close to the Canadian border to just north of Brewster. It includes portions of the Pasayten and Lake Chelan-Sawtooth Wilderness areas and the Colville Reservation. The proposed expansion is west of this existing MOA area. It extends into the upper Methow Valley and includes more of the wilderness areas and roadless areas. The proposal indicates planes would fly at a minimum altitude of 11,500 feet and a maximum of 18,000 feet.

The primary aircraft used for training will be the EA-18G Growlers aircraft which are some of the loudest planes in the Navy’s inventory. For more information about jet noise and its impacts visit the Sound Defense Alliance.

https://mvcitizens.org/comment-on-navy- ... he-methow/
pasayten
Ray Peterson