Stand with Texas

mister_coffee

Re: Stand with Texas

Post by mister_coffee »

This whole thing just shows the vicious contempt the right-wing kooks show for the constitution when it gets in the way of what they think they want.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

tristanbgilb wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:42 pm ... Only a small bad element is crossing with the more innocent. ...
The problem is that having a large, chaotic, uncontrolled movement of people is perfect cover for moving bad people around. We have a similar problem with our unhoused population. The vast majority of homeless people are just people without money or prospects. But they provide perfect cover for a criminal element to move around unobserved and provide a perfect population for that same criminal element to prey upon.
tristanbgilb

Post by tristanbgilb »

Rideback wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:45 pm Tristan, the 'junkies on the street' are not the majority of the migrants making their way to the border, many of which are coming up from Central America. Ensenada is a whole other story all by itself.
I would say your perception is correct. Only a small bad element is crossing with the more innocent.

When I was a kid in spokane I met up with a russian family of all ages living under the monroe st bridge. they were scared to speak russian in front of me in the event I was a snitch. I was moved by the suffering this family went through to escape into our country with hopes of a better life.

We may have some responsibility as a nation under a government war machine which spent decades working to install puppet governments.

It seems like a conspiracy to destroy the us economy and finish socialization of our country.

Seems like country lines are separation of people which may in fact be evil in its own right.
One time I was in ensenada and walked into a street drag race and was handcuffed and brought to jail. When it was determined had no money, I was ordered to go home to the united states. I ran toll booths and in the end smashed through the gates at the crossing without stopping. I maid it about 20 minutes down the road before I lost all rubber from the wheels and couldn't go any further. The thing is I was bought to a private mental hospital for rich and famous people. I was told nobody ever pulled what I did without getting killed.

Anyway there were political officials there who checked on me in the event I could be useful in the fight over the backed up crossing into the US.

Image <=NUCLEAR BUTTONImage

KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp WA
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Tristan, the 'junkies on the street' are not the majority of the migrants making their way to the border, many of which are coming up from Central America. Ensenada is a whole other story all by itself.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Ken, more than one judge has declared that J6 was an insurrection and that Trump was a part of it. Top of my head, there was Clark's ruling, then the CO judge ruling and then the CO Appeals Court panel. The Fed'l DC filing has multiple indictments against Trump that revolve around his effort to obstruct the transfer of power to the lawful winner of the election. If you read the Amicus brief, it's got a table of contents so you can cherry pick what you want, it's written by Constitutional scholars, some Conservative and some not but it's a solid case.

Not funding a mandate means there's no $ to pay for border patrol offices, for maintenance of security, for drones to fly the border, for paperpushers to process, oh yeah, and for ammo

link: 9 judges as of last May so these don't include the CO case
https://www.citizensforethics.org/repor ... nuary-6th/
Last edited by Rideback on Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

As to the border issue, giving more money and codifying 5000 illegal migrants A DAY to an administration who refuses to enforce current federal law is certifiably idiotic! You’ve stated that taking positions that are smart politics is justification to ignore seemingly hypocritical past demands, so spare us your faux outrage over not jumping to give THIS administration their political ploy that they will obviously continue to ignore.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

One judge ruling on a separate issue giving an opinion DOES NOT fulfill the requirement of “insurrection” as required by the constitution. You nuts really should lay off partaking of your own supply!
tristanbgilb

Post by tristanbgilb »

I spent a little time in Ensenada Mexico when I was out of the navy. During my navy time, I rarely went more south than Tijuana even though I have been all the way south on the Baja peninsula. It was interesting to me the way Ensenada there was crime and corruption tolerated in the open. Prostitution and drugs were a big part of the economy. The sex workers had a license to do business. Crystal Meth was running rampant.

Now we see crystal meth and opiates ruining people and communities in our own united states. It's an epidemic. The streets when I was a bum were alcoholics from Vietnam war and native Americans.

I think the solution is to declare these junkies on the streets gravely disabled. Then, they can get help or drugs in a lock down situation. Fill the jails and prisons with all kinds of drugs. If the prisoner is to test clean of drugs, then rehabilitation seems feasible.

Its inhumane to allow these street persons live as animals.

Walking around exploring Ensenada, I met up with an MS-13 member that worked to recruit me. I went my own way thinking he wasn't the kind of people I want to be around.

There is no correct side in the Texas war. It's dangerous having free flow of immigrants over the border. Killers and drug dealers are part of this migrant movement.

Blessed be the innocent and keep them safe from the evil consuming our society. Free our souls, free our minds.

Image <=NUCLEAR BUTTONImage

KFAC-LP 105.5 FM Twisp WA
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

There are rumors that armed groups, possibly including Wagner, are converging on Texas in order to trigger a violent confrontation. It has been a long-stated strategic goal of Russia to provoke a civil war in the United States.

Some of the usual kooky right-wing militias are also coming to Texas to "Stand with Texas", including the so-called "God's Army" convoy.

At this point rumors of a Wagner presence in Texas are just that, rumors.

But it sure as heck fits together nicely.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Referring to the photo that David posted on Sunday Jan 28th. Maybe it's just one person from that group holding their flag or it is an AI image.
Right the US would not sanction this group, I know that!
Pearl Cherrington
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Pal, you'll have to give some more information, there's no news of the Wagner Group on the US border. They have been designated by the US govt as bad actors with a price on various members' heads.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Discussion of what is called an 'unfunded mandate' aka Congress dictating how an agency must act but refusing to fund the agency so that it doesn't have the ability to enforce the mandate.

https://statuskuo.substack.com/p/a-sham ... ue&r=2be3h
PAL

Post by PAL »

Back to the stand with Texas. What does the Wagner group have to do with the border? Russian, you know.
Pearl Cherrington
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

Just saying. It is kind of a bad look to complain for months about a brewing, urgent crisis on the border and then when a deal is on a table that gives you what you want to address the crisis you then decide it is a lot less urgent and you can deal with it next year. What that tells me is that the "border crisis" is substantially manufactured by the right-wing fever swamps.
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

dorankj wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:37 pm ... Let’s do that democracy you think is so awesome.
We did that in 2020 and Trump and his flying monkeys lost. Then they stormed the capitol because of bogus claims of voter fraud -- and they were bogus, and they were never proven in court because there was no evidence of fraud. So why should he have another chance to lose and storm the capitol again?

Also, as right-wingers always love to remind me, we are not a democracy, we are a republic.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

And yes Ken, in court judgments Trump has been decided to have participated in an insurrection that not only culminated in the J6 attack but led and supported the efforts leading up to J6. And yes Ken, the 14th Amendment/Sec 3 that is the basis for keeping Trump off the ballot does not rely on an individual being convicted. The history goes back to the Civil War and as the amicus brief filed by a number of judges and lawyers points out to the SCOTUS, what Trump wanted/wants to do is much larger than the Civil War.

I know you'll never read this, which is too bad because it does explain in detail why Trump must not be on the ballot in '24, but this is the Amicus brief to the Supreme Court that was filed Monday laying out all the arguments of law.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/ ... 0Brief.pdf
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

The border scam
https://newrepublic.com/article/178530/ ... AUqow-Smwk

'Lankford’s first reveal came on Fox News Sunday, when he was asked why on Earth he’d act on the border if it might help Biden (on Fox, this is not a negative, just a statement of the obvious). Lankford noted that Republicans themselves demanded that funding for Ukraine and Israel be tied to border policy changes, and said he is merely trying to deliver what they asked for.

“Now, it’s interesting, a few months later, when we’re finally getting to the end, they’re like, ‘Just kidding, I actually don’t want a change in law because it’s a presidential election year,’” Lankford said, alluding to the open declaration from some Republicans that any compromise will deny Trump a weapon against Biden.

That alone is revealing enough. But it gets more interesting when viewed alongside what Lankford said on CBS’s Face the Nation. Anchor Margaret Brennan aired video of Trump urging Republicans to sink the deal, declaring: “I’d rather have no bill than a bad bill.”

“I’m looking forward to President Trump having the opportunity to be able to read it, like everybody else is,” Lankford rejoined.

The bill would actually have a big impact—in ways that you’d think Republicans would like. As Lankford noted on both shows, it would toughen the standard to qualify for asylum and provide massive new resources for border cops and for processing asylum-seekers faster, including speeding the removal of those who don’t qualify. It would give presidents an entirely new authority to shut down asylum-seeking when border encounters hit certain thresholds.

These aren’t simply Republican-friendly proposals. Lankford pointed out that many of those are resources and authorities that Trump himself urged Congress to give him as president. If Trump gets elected again, Lankford said, he would enjoy authorities that “he’d actually asked for.” Brennan agreed, noting that on the bill, Trump doesn’t “know what he’s talking about.”
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

So your super smart rebuttal is that someone not accused of or convicted of a federal crime is therefore restricted from being elected because of that crime? Beat it dumba**! Let’s do that democracy you think is so awesome.
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

dorankj wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:29 pm Once again, lying. I make no case saying a number of people dying defines an ‘insurrection’, that’s your jump. I’m pointing out your lie about deaths on J6, in fact only Ashley Babbit was killed and no reasonable justification has been given. Additionally, insurrection is in fact a specific crime which no one has been convicted of and DT has not even been charged let alone convicted. So you screaming your accusations and hyperbole when the facts are clearly otherwise is just propaganda and political spin. If you’re so concerned about federal facility damage, property destruction and obstruction of governmental activity you would show your outrage to 2020s billions of dollars of destruction, dozens of lives lost and government obstructions (CHOP etc)! But you here have zero ability to see beyond your narrow political maneuvering and MSDNC/ CNN lies and misinformation.
You cant even keep your facts strait…or avoid more ‘what-about-ism’ can you?
Buh, buh, buh what about her e-mail …..isnt a good response to an attempted coup.

Read the part of the Constitution that prohibits your pal, guilty donnie, from running for office. And read the history.
It nowhere talks about any ‘charged’ or ‘conviction’. A sample: https://www.theguardian.com/law/2024/ja ... rom-ballot
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

You've got some interesting buddies "standing with Texas":
wagner.jpg
That's a Wagner PMC flag. In Texas.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Once again, lying. I make no case saying a number of people dying defines an ‘insurrection’, that’s your jump. I’m pointing out your lie about deaths on J6, in fact only Ashley Babbit was killed and no reasonable justification has been given. Additionally, insurrection is in fact a specific crime which no one has been convicted of and DT has not even been charged let alone convicted. So you screaming your accusations and hyperbole when the facts are clearly otherwise is just propaganda and political spin. If you’re so concerned about federal facility damage, property destruction and obstruction of governmental activity you would show your outrage to 2020s billions of dollars of destruction, dozens of lives lost and government obstructions (CHOP etc)! But you here have zero ability to see beyond your narrow political maneuvering and MSDNC/ CNN lies and misinformation.
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

I know the discussion has left the building when a Stand With Texas thread devolves into claiming that J6 wasn't an insurrection because only 1 person died. Where were the illegal immigrants on J6 at the Capitol? None were arrested btw.
An insurrection by definition doesn't need a count of dead bodies to qualify as an insurrection. J6 was all about violence, violence that was meant to stop the govt's official duty to certify the vote. That same violence led to destruction of government and private property, it put law enforcement officers in harm's way and Americans' way of life was altered forever. J6 is ongoing in case you haven't noticed, Trump, QAnon, MAGA have all continued to nurture an insurrection. Here's a fact check on the number of people who lost their lives, who were physically harmed and the outcomes. https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/how-m ... itol-riot/
Rideback

Post by Rideback »

Debunking the disinformation on the border crossings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJwom3uYyV8
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

dorankj wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:00 pm Only 1 person died J6, ...
So what is the number for it to be an insurrection? Five? Five hundred? I guess from your perspective not many people were killed so it is okay?

I'm ashamed and embarrassed that you would posit such a weak and silly argument. Really you can do better than that!