Early Ski days, no Jim that wasn't us

pasayten

Re: Early Ski days, no Jim that wasn't us

Post by pasayten »

Vicious attack? Lol…. I was just asking questions and stating my observations…. Trying to understand what kind of a walk you do with all the talk you have...
pasayten
Ray Peterson
Fun CH

Early Ski days, no Jim that wasn't us

Post by Fun CH »

This quote was taken from a different thread where Ray and Jim are currently launching a vicious attack, but what else is new. :lol:
just-jim wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:22 pm Yes, I know who you are, Chris. Met you nearly 40 years ago…..I’m recalling now, for some reason:
Me and other telemark enthusiasts like, then Loup Manager Duey…and Polly and Jamie (Pearl’s husband Howard would remember them).. might have included Don Portman, too…can’t exactly recall; encountered you and your partner skiing at the Loup. You two were struggling – MIGHTILY - to learn that tele turn. Musta been early/mid 80s? Our group spent a while helping the 2 of you - verrry slooowly - part way down a run. I recall your partner being very gracious and thanking us for the help we offered. But, you were sullen and kinda snotty. WOW, color me – now - NOT surprised!

It’s what we did back then…helping each other. I think you’ve said that, here, too?
BTW – glad you FINALLY learned how to ski… (snicker).
Jim, While I was "struggling mightily" to learn how to Telemark ski (didn't we all), I learned that turn when I was teaching skiing at Mission Ridge.

Prior to teaching skiing at Mission ridge, I taught skiing at the loop loop (2 seasons there).

I do remember a Forest Service employee skiing at the Loop and always wondered whether he was getting paid by the FS to do that as some sort of permit monitoring program. I was only recently (after your threat ) trying to put a face to your name and I remembered that guy and asked a friend if that was you and the answer was yes. Did the FS pay you with our tax dollars to ski at the loop?

But I don't remember ever meeting you much less getting help from you. By the time I was Telemark sking at the loop, in the mid 80's, we were already fairly accomplished leather boot, 3 pin Telemark skiers.

It is interesting to me that you see yourself as helping me at the same time you're launching a vicious internet attack. :lol:
Last edited by Fun CH on Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King