Death wish?

mister_coffee

Re: Death wish?

Post by mister_coffee »

Street people in urban areas have a proclivity for running out in front of cars to try to get hit and get a large settlement. In some cities (Vancouver, BC comes to mind) that is almost an industrialized activity, where witnesses and sometimes legal representation will turn up almost immediately (before the police even get there) and try to coerce the driver into a settlement on the spot.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
PAL

Post by PAL »

The other BB had a post too about dark clothing and covered with a hoodie on how lucky they were that the person was able to see them. At first she didn't.
Here is another thing, more devious thing I have heard and that is they want to have an accident so they can possibly get money. It does happen. I guess the key is to not get killed.
Pearl Cherrington
Fun CH

Post by Fun CH »

Unfortunately many bicycle riders do that also.

I remember in 2008 one of the ski mountain guides was wearing a white ski suit while out guiding a group of two people, who got hit by a skier triggered avalanche from above.

Situational awareness is key.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding--Nick Lowe
Can't talk to a man who don't want to understand--Carol King
Jingles

Death wish?

Post by Jingles »

I swear some people in this valley have a death wish and try to commit suicide by being hit by cars. Especially those that don't have brains enough to wear some kind of light colored or reflective clothing while walking beside the roads, but wear dark jackets or hoodies with dark colored pants yet walk next to the fog line in areas that aren't lit up.
At least stick a flashlight in you back pocket and not tucked under your coat tail.