Methownet BB - Taxes for current Twisp residents for the pool

pasayten

Methownet BB - Taxes for current Twisp residents for the pool

Post by pasayten »

Post by lschrager » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:38 pm
As the debate for the Aquatic District progresses, I'm curious about the current funding for the pool. My understanding is that it is the homeowners in Twisp who are footing the bill.

Is there a breakdown for Twisp City Taxes? I looked on the Assessor's website, but the line item only says 'City'. And on the Town of Twisp website I couldn't find any information.

Does anyone know the current cost per $1,000 to maintain the pool? Or where to find more detailed information?
Thanks!

Post by Reapward » Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:07 pm
Here's all I could find.

The Pool was originally built in 1966 after a tragic accident took the life of a young boy. Ernst and Kathrine Wagner had a vision with the hope that everyone would learn to swim in a safer environment and therefore, funded the construction of the Ernst O. Wagner Memorial Pool. The pool continues to operate due to a fund the Wagners' set up and through various donors like the FRIENDS OF THE POOL.

Looks like through the Wagner fund, but it is running out this year and then donations which Friends of the Pool recieves from various citizens in the Valley.
Pearl Cherrington

Post by lschrager » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:27 am
Thanks, Pearl.

Post by jaybee » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:46 pm
Please search "Tonasket builds a pool" on the bulletin. I just posted some things that might be of interest. Tonasket's pool is 1/20 the expenditure of proposed Twisp's.

Post by Reapward » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:29 pm
In the meantime vote NO for the MPD, a taxing district, taxing future generations.
And FOP, please don't come back with another MPD proposal, like you have said you would.
Thanks.
Pearl Cherrington
pasayten
Ray Peterson